Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    118° in the Arctic Circle. We are fucked.
    Where is this thermometer located? At the airport?

In any good experiment, consistency and keeping variables to a bare minimum is key.

I feel we have this same discussion regarding snow stakes at resorts. 6" at Killington is a dusting everywhere else.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Finally got the first floor down below 70F and got more than 5 hours sleep last night.

Looks like the forecast for Seattle is normalizing. Hopefully the heat breaks for KQ and BC.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's hotter than a whore house on nickel night

“The European Space Agency's Copernicus Sentinel satellites measured 118-degree-Fahrenheit temperature on the ground in Verkhojansk, in Yakutia, Eastern Siberia. Other ground temperatures in the area included 43 degrees Celsius (109 degrees Fahrenheit) in Govorovo and 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit) in Saskylah, which had its highest temperatures since 1936. It's crucial to note that the temperatures being talked about here are land surface temperatures, not air temperatures.”

I hear what you’re saying re: snow reports but it’s alarming that that region is even recording anything that hot.

And yet climate change deniers are still like

It's hotter than a whore house on nickel night

And then they point to the fact that Texas was colder this winter than ever. No global warming!

Meanwhile: “Portland, Oregon, soared to a searing 116 degrees Monday, hotter than it has ever been in cities such as Dallas, New Orleans and downtown Los Angeles. In fact, when it comes to major U.S. cities, only Phoenix and Las Vegas have been hotter.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Blah blah blah. If you or the thermometer are in the same location then both you and the thermometer are subject to the same heating effects. And if you are wearing a black T-shirt and the thermometer is wearing a white T-shirt, what then professor?
    I bet you like to report snowfall totals from the wind drift locations, eh?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    And then they point to the fact that Texas was colder this winter than ever. No global warming!

Meanwhile: “Portland, Oregon, soared to a searing 116 degrees Monday, hotter than it has ever been in cities such as Dallas, New Orleans and downtown Los Angeles. In fact, when it comes to major U.S. cities, only Phoenix and Las Vegas have been hotter.”
    Yeah I was just thinking that last night - the whole Texas thing plays into this.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

How are the roads where you are? Rte 20 was literally melting in a stretch exposed to all-day direct sun + uphill semi traffic (near Tiger). Luckily the downslope lane was ok but the upslope (westbound) lane was pulling up. Trucks were leaving tracks as if their tires were melting (I think it was the pavement "smearing"). The pavement had what looked like lesions in spots. DOT had plow/sand trucks out there dropping sand. Gonna be just as hot today .

^^ That's crazy.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Sounds like the oil was coming out of the asphalt.

I am wonder if the pavement engineers in the PNW are evaluating the temperature range they are specifying for binder or if they already thought of these warmer temperatures.

I always find it a little baffling that we have all this good regional modeling of future temperatures and precipitation and yet we often are still designing to historical data. Seems very short sighted.

Well, it’s cooling down to only 97 today.
    But we had a bunch of small fires in the area yesterday and now there’s a thick smoke cloud enveloping 3 Sisters. Can’t see shit from peaks to about 5k feet. Had to shut the windows already. AQI is heading for unhealthy levels and is expected to stay that way until tomorrow night.
    I’m starting to hate summer here…

A beautiful stratus layer rolled in at my house around 7:00 this morning. Now this finally feels like true relief!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I’m starting to hate summer.
    fixed it for ya

Yesterday, Spokane Valley. When I got in the car, it showed 113 when I first fired up the beast. Once on the road, it updated and this is what I got. Holy shit...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	118 06-29-2021 (2).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	531.2 KB 
ID:	378366

The pavement buckled on I-5 Monday near Shoreline.
    https://www.king5.com/article/traffi...1-e0d76cf43c5f
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    How are the roads where you are? Rte 20 was literally melting in a stretch exposed to all-day direct sun + uphill semi traffic (near Tiger). Luckily the downslope lane was ok but the upslope (westbound) lane was pulling up. Trucks were leaving tracks as if their tires were melting (I think it was the pavement "smearing"). The pavement had what looked like lesions in spots. DOT had plow/sand trucks out there dropping sand. Gonna be just as hot today .
    Dashed into town on Hwy 12 this morning to pick up some groceries. Despite the road being concrete the right lane (most traveled) was all black. It was quite strange. Figured it was rubber, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Yesterday, Spokane Valley. When I got in the car, it showed 113 when I first fired up the beast. Once on the road, it updated and this is what I got. Holy shit...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	118 06-29-2021 (2).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	531.2 KB 
ID:	378366
    They've downgraded our high tomorrow to 99. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Wow. This shit's crazy.

19 and raining hard, sposed to peak at 22
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    19 and raining hard, sposed to peak at 22
    What's this 'rain' you speak of?

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...x_auto_reload=

sposed to quit raining tomorrow and then normal teens or mid -20's

wheres my sweater ?

There is a massive high off shore of the PNW and southern BC, and a low parked over Spokane. The massive high is blocking all precip and diverting it to Alaska and Northern BC, and causing the heat wave in the PNW. We're stuck in this pattern for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Perfect for getting away from the cops when they try to catch you at the whore house!

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

anybody lose weight in the heat ? I'm sub 160 which normaly never happens, drinking more water, drinking san pelegrinos white wine still eating the usual amounts

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    anybody lose weight in the heat ? I'm sub 160 which normaly never happens, drinking more water, drinking san pelegrinos white wine still eating the usual amounts
    Yup. I don't have a scale but going on clothes fit I'm def down several pounds. Of course I'm hardly eating because it's just too damn hot to cook and frankly nothing sounds good.

Water, fruit, hummus, yogurt and granola is pretty much it. I have been juicing veggies. Beet, ginger, carrot with a little apple.

KQ is hot!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums