Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    8 Oct Days in the eighties and maybe 4 more to come. Not a drop of rain in weeks. This is unreal for Oregon.

https://www.koin.com/weather/forecas...ther-forecast/
    Odd, indeed. But selfishly, I'm loving it. Soon, the rain will descend upon the PNWet and we will yet again endure a cold, gray, wet, and long winter.

Enjoy it while it lasts because I suspect when Mother Nature gets up from her booze and psychedelic-fueled trip, she will unleash the (very wet) pain upon us.

Please give me that sweet, sweet wetness. My gills are dry and my webs disappearing.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Doubled the previous Oct record of 6 days above 80deg. Also, hit 92 in Salem on Sat.
    "Let's be careful out there."

^^^ forecast for my hood sez rain starting Friday with good chance of snow Saturday evening and Sunday

I’m ready

It's hot as balls out, hope everyone stays cool.

So far so good at the beach. I hate Summer.

Summer is the new winter.

Not last year in CA
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Why does my wife want to move out of the snow zone when we leave here? I keep telling her it just means more of this shit. Fukn hot humid crap that slaps you in the face when you walk out and envelops you in a warm comfy cocoon for a moment before it turns to sweat...

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    So far so good at the beach. I hate Summer.
    And the beach is moving closer and closer to us.. Maybe in 300 years we'll practically be there.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Why does my wife want to move out of the snow zone when we leave here? I keep telling her it just means more of this shit. Fukn hot humid crap that slaps you in the face when you walk out and envelops you in a warm comfy cocoon for a moment before it turns to sweat...
    Why leave? I hate the heat and throw in some humidity and I want to start killing people.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Why leave? I hate the heat and throw in some humidity and I want to start killing people.
    Our taxes are outrageous. I know, everyone says that but is 2/3 acre with a ~1500 SQ ft, 2bd/1ba with no town water or sewer or natural gas worth $16k/yr? Methinks not.

Oooof! Prop 13 for TMFW.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Our taxes are outrageous. I know, everyone says that but is 2/3 acre with a ~1500 SQ ft, 2bd/1ba with no town water or sewer or natural gas worth $16k/yr? Methinks not.
    Please tell me that’s a typo. You pay $1,300 a month in property taxes. That’s criminal.

[QUOTE;gravitylover;6889005]Our taxes are outrageous. I know, everyone says that but is 2/3 acre with a ~1500 SQ ft, 2bd/1ba with no town water or sewer or natural gas worth $16k/yr? Methinks not.[/QUOTE]

Depends where your house is and what it’s worth. If it’s worth $1m + I’d say so it is reasonable.

Prop 13 is one of the worst property tax laws in history. Thanks to it, the LA Country club pays $50k in taxes on land worth billions, fucking over everyone else. It significantly favors old money over the poor and anyone trying to buy for the first time. There are many more losers from prop 13 than winners.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    [QUOTE;gravitylover;6889005]Our taxes are outrageous. I know, everyone says that but is 2/3 acre with a ~1500 SQ ft, 2bd/1ba with no town water or sewer or natural gas worth $16k/yr? Methinks not.
    Depends where your house is and what it’s worth. If it’s worth $1m + I’d say so it is reasonable.

Prop 13 is one of the worst property tax laws in history. Thanks to it, the LA Country club pays $50k in taxes on land worth billions, fucking over everyone else. It significantly favors old money over the poor and anyone trying to buy for the first time. There are many more losers from prop 13 than winners.[/QUOTE]

A million dolllar home pays 4 grand a year where I live. On what planet is $1300 a month a reasonable bill for property taxes on a single family residence?

What do you get for that?

Well, it's a dead end so we get plowed when they get to it, it hasn't been repaved for 40 years and there's a monster pothole in front of my driveway, the closest streetlight or sidewalk is a mile and a half away, we pay a special $100/yr add-on for garbage pickup, as mentioned no gas/water/sewer. IMO the schools suck but I guess if you're ok with nepotism, misogyny and teachers dating then marrying students they're ok. We don't have a dump or recycling center so if it doesn't fit in a garbage can we either get a dumpster or transport it out of the county ourselves. Good luck getting rid of old paint cans. On the upside if you have an armed home invasion they will actually arrest and imprison the perp as opposed to towns just south of me where they slap them on the wrists and send 'em on their way.

Due to the covid real estate boost the town was reassessed and our value apparently jumped about 50% so they added about $5k to our tab over three years. It was already too high but now it's unsustainable.

My parents are about to melt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1689374005.249957.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	351.7 KB 
ID:	464933

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

Holy sheeet.

The low is hotter than it is today here in SLC. That’s insane. No mi gusta.

Them snowbirds need to fly north

IT'S HOTTER THAN A WHORE HOUSE ON NICKEL NIGHT

And wetter than the cumforters..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

Yeah.....BTDT when we had the heat dome 2 years ago. Have yet to hit triple digits this year though they are predicting it this weekend.

Local weather people have been moaning and groaning about the heat. I'm all "meh." After that damn heat dome I'm unfazed by anything under 100.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm all "meh." After that damn heat dome I'm unfazed by anything under 100.
    Damn lady, you are a lot tougher than me. Much over 78 and the A/C is on.