Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Didn't drop below 80° here last night. Was 85° at 6am. Add to that a low cloud ceiling and thunderstorms which raised the humidity and it's not pleasant. Stick a fork in me...............

It's a real good thing I shipped my sick horse off to WSU on Friday. He's living in AC right now. Don't know if he'd have made it through the heat here with whatever it is he's got (they still don't know, running every test they can think of - process of elimination and guessing at this point).
    See, there is where I can’t complain. We’ve been dropping into the upper 60s just before dawn and down into the 70s mostly by dark. It’s been humid for here, but not Alabama humid. Or even Maine humid.

and here we go again.... hopefully one last gasp but given what's happened so far in 2020 I'm not holding my breath.

After a brief spell of cooler temps Saturday through Monday, ridging will build back in with a vengeance. Expect very warm to hot temps favored from mid week on.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Meanwhile we’re getting the first frost of the year Sunday night Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1496.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	698.8 KB 
ID:	338405
    skid luxury

Makes sense, considering fall has been in the air for 3 weeks now.

SDG&E sends me a notice my electrical use is up 50% this month and what am I doing? Dumb fucks, it is hot and I run the AC from 10am to 8pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Huh and just like that, it is pleasant again????

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 766
Size:  78.6 KB
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

If we hit 90* tomorrow, which we are forecasted to do, every single day for the month of August will have been 90+. First time that has EVER happened since they started keeping records here in the Q.

Hot diggity dog!

A dangerous heat wave is expected to hit the West Coast over Labor Day weekend

(CNN)A dangerous heat wave is expected to hit the West Coast over the holiday weekend.

Fourty-three million people across much of California, southern Nevada and western Arizona are already under an excessive heat watch, and that number is expected to rise.

Forecasters warn that this heat wave has the potential to break all-time high temperature records for the region.
    National Weather Service Los Angeles suggested that "all daytime outdoor activities should be limited or canceled."

Excessive heat watches are expected to start on Friday for valleys and mountains and Saturday for coastal areas.

Sunday is expected to be the hottest day, with temperatures as high as 115 degrees are expected away from beaches, according to the National Weather Service.

Close to 100 record high minimum temperatures are expected to be broken during the same time frame.

Overnight lows are expected to be warm in the 70s and 80s, which will allow for little relief for the region. Warm overnight temperatures impact people the most during heat waves as the warm weather does not allow buildings and people to cool down overnight.

This weekend is expected to be worse than the region's recent August heat wave, which prompted rolling blackouts in the area.

The National Weather Service warned that "extreme stress on our power infrastructure may lead to power outages." There is also a high risk of heat-related illnesses.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

If I ever win the Lotto, I am buying a Summer home in Victoria...

Views: 743
Size:  59.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If I ever win the Lotto, I am buying a Summer home in Victoria...

Views: 743
Size:  59.8 KB
    As long as you are sheltered from the wind off the strait. That chill breeze cuts right to the bone. FIL lives a couple blocks from that weather station. I always bring a windbreaker and a stanfield when we visit.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    As long as you are sheltered from the wind off the strait. That chill breeze cuts right to the bone. FIL lives a couple blocks from that weather station. I always bring a windbreaker and a stanfield when we visit.
    I liked Sidney and Nanaimo. Only been there once. I have always wanted to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I liked Sidney and Nanaimo. Only been there once. I have always wanted to go back.
    Check out the beaches when you do.

Parksville area has unreal beaches that stretch out flat for hundreds of feet and the water is warm in late summer. It's like Canada's only real "beachy" beach. Rest of the coasts are rugged or arctic.

Tofino of course has the giant jungle beach thing on lock but it's cold and raw. Fkn cool and real surf, but the bikini crew is on the east side.

I sure would like to stay at the Wickaninnish Inn for a few weeks and surf up there. Last time we were there the waves were breaking way out there and the waiter thought they had 20 foot faces on them, which is entirely to big for me, but I have seen good surf there in the summer. For summer, Vancouver Island is it.

I lived in Sooke for 1 summer and north end of the Island at Holberg for 1 summer. The whole island is awesome from top to bottom. Parents live in Courtenay. Not sure I could handle Victoria as the traffic is horrific due to continued growth in housing but no growth in transportation. You're also captive to BC Ferries. Squamish would be my sweet spot.

Goddam it's gonna be hot this weekend.

Guess should probably head to where it's nice and cool...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SlideLake1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	339031  

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    hottest aug evearz in zion
    record temps on tap again today
    we put in for an annual week on the river float tuesday
    projected dutch john weather
    low of 26 high of 43 with a 40% of 1-3" of ullr luv
    i guess we wont need the sup
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Nice to sit out side and drink my coffee this morning. Once it warms up, close up the house and turn on the AC. Have a great weekend guys and gals. We will have the margaritas flowing for the thirsty later today.

60 degrees at 11:30pm in February in EWA. WTF?

Run out of Netflix?

Give us our weather back. It was 28 here before dawn.

Did see the first cherry blossom buds on the trees yesterday though so hey.
    I still call it The Jake.

been pretty warm up here this winter hardly breaking into the minus teens, people are burning less fire wood, don't even need the super heavy duty puffy so far
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Give us our weather back. It was 28 here before dawn.

Did see the first cherry blossom buds on the trees yesterday though so hey.
    Everything is upside down! Grass is coming on here and my winter pansies are going crazy. Normally they'd be frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    been pretty warm up here this winter hardly breaking into the minus teens, people are burning less fire wood, don't even need the super heavy duty puffy so far
    Yup. Had to take a down blanket off my bed too. Never even turned the heat on yesterday.

It was 40 deg F at my place in North Idaho around 2200ft. I'm not completely pissed as my furnace went out last week and I've been chopping wood like a mo-fo to keep the place warm. House was 72 last night...

Overall, December 2020 was the nicest weather I can remember. Hell, January too. It is going to hot as hell this summer. Maybe I should put in the solar to help offset the $350 electric bill during the summer months?

54 F in Helena this afternoon. Nice day for a hike but wtf. Just saw a guy trail running in shorts and t-shirt.