Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Anyone watch “Endless Winter” (Warren Miller, 1995) lately?

A lot there hasn’t aged well. The short segment about trade winds and global temperatures being just right and the now extinct Chacaltaya Glacier.

We just logged the second warmest Dec/Jan on record here in Oregon.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Anyone watch “Endless Winter” (Warren Miller, 1995) lately?

A lot there hasn’t aged well. The short segment about trade winds and global temperatures being just right and the now extinct Chacaltaya Glacier.

We just logged the second warmest Dec/Jan on record here in Oregon.

*sings*

When you were young and your heart
    Was an open book
    You used to say live and let live
    (You know you did)
    (You know you did)
    (You know you did)
    But if this ever changin' world
    In which we're livin'
    Makes you give in and cry
    Say live and let die
    Live and let die
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Just a tad warm for this time of year. 100 here on the farm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	376280
    Last edited by KQ; 06-02-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Typical southwest Montana here, winter goes straight into summer.

The newly sprouted wheat field up the street is showing stress and I have a bad feeling the smoke is going to be worse than ever this year.

Yep, just a bit of a June heat wave here, just as the freshet reaches its peak. The work phone won't be far from me as the t-storms and rain comes this weekend even with the forecasted low temps. Hope we don't lose anything to major this year. Its been a nice slow melt so far. Watering the garden pretty consistently already.

Aannnd the AC in the office is on the fritz. Actually has been fucked since last year, but they made it work for heat this past winter. It was 25C at 7 this morning, 27C at lunch, and this was the temp at the desk at 3:30pm Click image for larger version. 

Name:	389E0982-3EDD-43D6-A4B9-29E365FFE64E.jpg 
Views:	5012 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	376278 It was 30C when I left. Not productive office temps, even for the ladies that run cold.

100. Ouch. 86 here this afternoon was bad enough. Not long ago I was skiing pow dammit

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Typical southwest Montana here, winter goes straight into summer.

The newly sprouted wheat field up the street is showing stress and I have a bad feeling the smoke is going to be worse than ever this year.
    We're in a severe drought situation here - so very dry this last Fall/Winter/Spring. My wheat does not look good. Some is okay, will probably be light on the weigh-in but I've got some rocky spots that are basically scorched.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Yep, just a bit of a June heat wave here, just as the freshet reaches its peak. The work phone won't be far from me as the t-storms and rain comes this weekend even with the forecasted low temps. Hope we don't lose anything to major this year. Its been a nice slow melt so far. Watering the garden pretty consistently already.

Aannnd the AC in the office is on the fritz. Actually has been fucked since last year, but they made it work for heat this past winter. It was 25C at 7 this morning, 27C at lunch, and this was the temp at the desk at 3:30pm Click image for larger version. 

Name:	389E0982-3EDD-43D6-A4B9-29E365FFE64E.jpg 
Views:	5012 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	376278 It was 30C when I left. Not productive office temps, even for the ladies that run cold.
    Yuck. Really enjoying my new AC unit installed just in time too. Old one had been on the fritz last year and I limped through. Def. was not worth waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Just a tad warm for this time of year. 100 here on the farm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	376280

On the lyric theme How bizarre!

A very comfortable, no humidity 82° and sunny in ATL today, meanwhile it’s basically extended early spring with a chance of frost and or snow in the Great Lakes and NE this past weekend.

But yeah, go ahead and take that June 3 triple KQ
    I still call it The Jake.

Mid 80s for highs at my house today and yesterday. AC made its yearly debut. The onshore push has arrived right on schedule, though. Just went out for a walk and it's cooling down nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Mid 80s for highs at my house today and yesterday. AC made its yearly debut. The onshore push has arrived right on schedule, though. Just went out for a walk and it's cooling down nicely.
    81 @ 10:45pm. Gonna be another hot one tomorrow with wind and high fire danger.

Was 104 in Tri-cities.

Well it is coming but May and the last few days have been nice (high 60's)
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We'll take some nice weather up here please. Large snowpack still in alpine, cool spring thus far and a week of rain has made flooding in these parts a very real possibility.

Sounds like things could get very ugly in a few days:
    https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2021/...northwest.html
    "The meteorological community is all abuzz about the forecast this weekend: several of the global models are predicting an extraordinarily unusual heatwave this weekend in the Pacific Northwest.

A heatwave so extreme that many locations might experience their warmest temperature on record.

For any day. For any year. And doing so in late June, which is not the usual time for the great temperature records."

Hopefully the models will back off a bit, but sounds like it's going to be damn hot no matter how you cut it and it's going to affect the entire west coast and inland northwest.

Here's the current Euro model for Monday afternoon. Portland 109 and over 120 near the eastern Oregon-Washington border! Even the NWS forecast is calling for a high of 112 in Walla Walla on Monday.

It's hotter than a whore house on nickel night

Will prolly kill my ski season. I can’t go tomorrow or Thursday, & Friday is my next day I can go, and I think it’ll be done.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

It's hotter than a whore house on nickel night

Sending vibes to Seattle and Portland if those temperatures are approached. I was in Seattle for a 90 degree day and it sucked. Can’t imagine 110. Maybe it is time to start an HVAC company…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Man a quick glance at that and I was thinking things don't look too bad. Not a whole lot of red there. Then I noticed what grey and purple mean. Shiza.

Some chucklefuck during -20 in January: "How about that global warming?"

Same chucklefuck during 110 degree heatwave in mid-June:

Check out the temps on the Oregon coast: low 60s! Portland is going to empty out big time.

What's worse, 100F in Portland, or 60 F and fog so think you can't see the ocean at the coast? If you're smart with windy.com you can find that sweet spot on the coast with cool temps, sunshine, and no fog. But I'll pick hot and sunny over cold and foggy. We get enough of that in November.

Do they not have AC in whore houses? Would seem like a solid business decision.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What's worse, 100F in Portland, or 60 F and fog so think you can't see the ocean at the coast? If you're smart with windy.com you can find that sweet spot on the coast with cool temps, sunshine, and no fog. But I'll pick hot and sunny over cold and foggy. We get enough of that in November.
    I'll take pea soup to 100 degrees any day.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    Do they not have AC in whore houses? Would seem like a solid business decision.
    Well, it’s nickel night. Can’t get AC for a nickel
    . . .

What's worse, 100F in Portland, or 60 F and fog?.
    100 F in pdx. No contest. That place ain’t built for the heat.

If you need windy.com to figure that shit out just stay in the valley.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums