Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    OMG! Next Thursday it's only supposed to get up to 93. Can't wait!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

it's 84 here and there's all these white puffy things in the sky. some blocking the sun. very disorienting.

The conservation folks have begun to shut down fishing on some spring creeks within their jurisdiction. Good on them for protecting the fishies.

Fuck this heat

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    The conservation folks have begun to shut down fishing on some spring creeks within their jurisdiction. Good on them for protecting the fishies.

Fuck this heat

Water Master has shut down irrigation on the Touche River here.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Mt Rainier. What a difference a heatwave makes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1625697918697.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	378931
    Last edited by KQ; 07-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Is it possible to quantify that in terms of tons of ice melted?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    Is it possible to quantify that in terms of tons of ice melted?
    Yeah, a shit ton.

Yes: We're the black line this year, falling off the cliff. At least we were above normal snowfall before the heat wave.

https://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/snow/snowplot.cgi?AFSW1

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Mt Rainier. What a difference a heatwave males
    Uh huh.

;-)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Fuck this heat
    Most of the streams and lakes in our area are on hoot-owl restrictions due to low flows and hot weather.

Spring Creeks are not restricted however - around here the flows are consistent and cold (40-45*) all the time. Spend an hour standing in waders in the Metolius and you can feel your toes again after about 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Uh huh.

;-)
    Oops - posting on my phone. Fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Most of the streams and lakes in our area are on hoot-owl restrictions due to low flows and hot weather.

Spring Creeks are not restricted however - around here the flows are consistent and cold (40-45*) all the time. Spend an hour standing in waders in the Metolius and you can feel your toes again after about 15 minutes
    That’s what I’m normally used to regarding spring creeks. Although, this one that I was going to fish on Friday has a USGS gage that is reading into the mid 70s during the day and only dropping to mid 60s at night.. Weird

The Conversation District made this announcement:

“Silver Creek
    The Idaho Nature Conservancy has closed access to fishing at the Silver Creek Preserve until conditions improve. The low flows and high water temperatures the Creek is currently experiencing has resulted in fallen oxygen levels placing great stress on the trout. In short, along with water temperature, dissolved oxygen (DO) is a key factor in the health of Silver Creek’s trout. During the daytime, DO is introduced into the water mostly by aquatic plants photosynthesizing. At night, those same plants will respirate; consuming oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide into the water. On the Creek, although water temperatures will seem ideal early in the morning, this period has some of the lowest DO concentrations. This is just as stressful on the fish as the 70-degree water temperatures which have been occurring later in the day. In addition, as of July 1st, the Idaho Department of Water Resources has issued a curtailment order in the Bellevue triangle cutting off ground water to farmers resulting in millions of dollars in losses. This includes the cold, ground-water well the Double R Ranch has been pumping directly into the lower Pond. Cutting off ground-water users could increase the discharge from the many springs that make up Silver Creek. Theoretically, this could result in a small increase in flow and decrease in water temperature, but we will have to wait and see.”

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, a shit ton.
    A metric shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Where do you live?

Still in Missoula
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You'll sleep cooler at night if you don't spoon your teddy bear in the summa time.
    Gotchya
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Apparently Atlanta averages 47 days at or above 90 degrees by this date each year.

So far we've had 7.

Outsourcing heat to the PNW?
    I still call it The Jake.

Still mid to higher 70's in my hood which is nice, but I know it is coming. Just delaying the inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We've not dropped below 90 for a daytime high since the end of June when this whole mess started. Highs averaging about 97 popping into the triple digits every couple of days.

Tomorrow is our BIG COOLDOWN with a high of only 90 then we start to climb back up.

We had our first day below 90 today in I don’t know how long. It felt glorious. Windows open and 69 out right now.

June 24th. That was the last one below 90. Average of 95 so far this month.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    We had our first day below 90 today in I don’t know how long. It felt glorious. Windows open and 69 out right now.

Now we have to track surface-level ozone. We had a pocket in my hood yesterday until late into the night <sigh>.

I’m just thinking about the next few months and wildfires. If the air quality in the west plummets like last season, it’s gonna be a lot of work on the grid keeping all those houses cool and locked up.

And still the GOP is not at all keen on tamping down on emissions and dealing with climate changes. What the hell does it take?

Even Santa Cruz has been hot recently. My garden is loving it tho.

I think it is to late for any reductions by man to matter. We need to put sun screens up in space to block sunlight or get the Yellowstone Caldera to blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I think it is to late for any reductions by man to matter. We need to put sun screens up in space to block sunlight or get the Yellowstone Caldera to blow.
    Yeah that’s a real cynical way to look at it. We most definitely could reduce the human impact by doing bold climate action.

He's old.