Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    The record high temp in bc was higher than the record high temp in Las Vegas? 121 degrees or so. That’s crazy.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    everyone always claims if they brought back the mars water bomber the fire would be out right away which is dumb
    The only two remaining Mars(es) are destined for museums at this point. Coulson's been trying to sell them for years.

The public likes them for the same reason people like old cars, but there are lots of newer large aircraft that are better suited to the job.

Another day... more of the same..... could really use a break from all this heat but I've a bad feeling it will be a very long 9 weeks until September and any hope of cooling.

Was just out running errands and "Here comes the Sun" came on the radio. I turned that shit off. F-you George.

Feels like end times...................
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

One bonus in feeling a week of temps >40C - temps in the mid 30's which would normally cause system collapse with the family now feel reasonable!

Many of the local lake that are favoured for swimming are having issues with swimmers itch. We've been mostly visiting our favourite river eddies, no itch there! But the daughter loves the social public beach, so extra shower rinsing after playing in that sewage lagoon. On the biting bug front, no flies or mossies during the day at all, even in the areas known for their swarms. Very civilized until the sun goes down, but then look out! What a crazy June!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The only two remaining Mars(es) are destined for museums at this point. Coulson's been trying to sell them for years.

The public likes them for the same reason people like old cars, but there are lots of newer large aircraft that are better suited to the job.
    there was a 1hr PBS on fighting a fire in Mexico with the Mars, it took a crew of 17 including 2 pilots & 3 engineers to fly that archaic POS

The Mars keeps breaking every time they fly it so they got trailers full of spares they gota work on them after every flight so they are working on them while floating in aluminum boats in the dark dropping shit in the water

in Comparison the whole Air Tractor crew for 4 airplanes is in the bar by 7:30 every night and they fit at 2 tables shoved togetehr
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I knew someone who stayed behind to water his roof and property. Knew being the correct tense since he’s dead now. I know others who did the same and it worked out. Was it worth it?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

we have one day at 91 then it pops back up to 105 and they call that "a cool down."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Driving thru Phoenix. It's 4am and 99 degrees. Can't even stop to nap without cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Driving thru Phoenix. It's 4am and 99 degrees. Can't even stop to nap without cooking.
    When you are going through hell, keep going.

I actually like Phoenix, but fuck is it hot.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    When you are going through hell, keep going.

I
    I’ve never heard that saying. But it’s inspirational

Thx

Just checking in to say that this shit is wearing me down something fierce. Too hot to ride much, just uncomfortable and hot and not enough exercise/adrenaline rush. Also, add in sleep deprivation from said lack of riding/exercise and sleeping next to someone new. It's really fucking with my entire being physically and mentally.
    Do I just move to the North Pole? Patagonia for a couple months?

God damn.

At least it makes the garden go nuts, but the relentless heat, dryness, and sun is starting to be pretty harsh for veggies too.
    Fuck.
    And for some reason, even though there's a drought, the mosquitoes are plentiful. What's up with that?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just checking in to say that this shit is wearing me down something fierce. Too hot to ride much, just uncomfortable and hot and not enough exercise/adrenaline rush. Also, add in sleep deprivation from said lack of riding/exercise and sleeping next to someone new. It's really fucking with my entire being physically and mentally.

God damn.

At least it makes the garden go nuts, but the relentless heat, dryness, and sun is starting to be pretty harsh for veggies too.
    Fuck.
    And for some reason, even though there's a drought, the mosquitoes are plentiful. What's up with that?
    I've come to accept that I now live in AZ.

God damn.

Fuck.
    Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

God damn.

Fuck.
    You'll sleep cooler at night if you don't spoon your teddy bear in the summa time.

God damn.

Fuck.
    It's been highs in the mid 90's here and lows about 55. We get out for a 90 minute ride pretty much daily - push off from the trailhead at about 0700 when temp is in 50s and finish when its about 70.

And as far as sleeping next to someone, the same approach applies when it's hot out

Get used to it. The 6-10 day, 8-14 day, 3-4 week, one month, and three month all show hotter and drier than normal for pretty much the entire Western US.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Get used to it. The 6-10 day, 8-14 day, 3-4 week, one month, and three month all show hotter and drier than normal for pretty much the entire Western US.

So gotta go to Tejas for relief? Crazy world.

I can’t like that map
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

All the Texans will claim global cooling!

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    So gotta go to Tejas for relief? Crazy world.
    Even if the temp is "below normal" in TX, it's gonna suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I can’t like that map
    OTOH, I think it’s sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Even if the temp is "below normal" in TX, it's gonna suck.
    Yea. 88 and 90% humidity instead of 94 and 80% humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’ve never heard that saying. But it’s inspirational

Thx
    Sigh......

If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going - Winston Churchill

Churchill’s first speech to the British people as PM laid out his program bluntly, “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” He followed that with another speech shortly thereafter: “. . . we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

In other words, his plan for success: Complete and total defiance.

“We shall never surrender.” When you have nothing left but defiance, commit to it with everything you have. Like Prince Hal in Shakespeare’s Henry V, Churchill used language to rouse the fighting spirit he believed was still alive in the British people, saying, “If you're going through hell, keep going.” And the line that summed up his personal career and the spirit that led the British people to victory: “Never, never, never give up.”

Well, shiiiit I always thought that was a country song

Well you know those times when you feel like there's a sign there on your back
    That says I don't mind if you kick me, seems like everybody has
    Things go from bad to worse you think they can't get worse than that and then they do

You step off the straight and narrow and you don't know where you are
    Used the needle of your compass to sew up your broken heart
    Ask directions from a genie in a bottle of Jim Beam
    And she lies to you
    That's when you'll learn the truth

[Chorus]
    If you're goin' through hell keep on going
    Don't slow down if you're scared don't show it
    You might get out before the devil even knows you're there

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Well, shiiiit I always thought that was a country song

Well you know those times when you feel like there's a sign there on your back
    That says I don't mind if you kick me, seems like everybody has
    Things go from bad to worse you think they can't get worse than that and then they do

You step off the straight and narrow and you don't know where you are
    Used the needle of your compass to sew up your broken heart
    Ask directions from a genie in a bottle of Jim Beam
    And she lies to you
    That's when you'll learn the truth

[Chorus]
    If you're goin' through hell keep on going
    Don't slow down if you're scared don't show it
    You might get out before the devil even knows you're there
    and I had someone argue with me that the 1820s folk song "Turkey in the Straw" was actually:

Do your ears hang low?
    Do they wobble to and fro?
    Can you tie 'em in a knot?
    Can you tie 'em in a bow?
    Can you throw 'em o'er your shoulder
    Like a Continental soldier?
    Do your ears hang low?

Our education system is failing us.