Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Record low temps last night, today, and tonight. More headed our way tomorrow.

Today was the day to be on the golf course: 81, sunny, fluffy clouds, mild breeze, no rain, and beer.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Just sent guys up to Hells Canyon. They'll be happy to hear that it will only be 98 tomorrow.
    Wow - that is not a place I'd want to be right now.

Here are the new daily records for today:

Station previous new records record/year record began

Pendleton(arpt), or 105 / 1941 105 (tied) 1934

Walla Walla, WA 105 / 1984 105 (tied) 1930

Yakima, WA 101 / 1973 107 1909

Redmond, or 100 / 1960 100 (tied) 1949

Hanford, WA 105 / 1970 110 1945

Hermiston, or 108 / 1941 108 (tied) 1906

Pasco, WA 109 / 1990 109 (tied) 1948

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Record low temps last night, today, and tonight. More headed our way tomorrow.

Today was the day to be on the golf course: 81, sunny, fluffy clouds, mild breeze, no rain, and beer.
    *jealous*

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

*jealous*
    I didn't shoot that well if it helps

FinLly catching a break in the brutal heat wave we've been having here. Mid to high 70's for at least the last 10 days. High of 60 forecasted today. Good thing... My sweatshirts were getting lonely! Almost looked like it wanted to snow a little last night but I guess it was really hail/grapple..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

^^^Now that is my kind of weather. Nothing over 70. No way is the wife living at 9,000 though. I finally broke down and bought one of the AC on wheel units for when it heats up again. My fur kids will thank me in September.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^Now that is my kind of weather. Nothing over 70. No way is the wife living at 9,000 though. I finally broke down and bought one of the AC on wheel units for when it heats up again. My fur kids will thank me in September.
    It's easier than you think... But that being said, there's a reason our neighborhood is referred to in some circles as "Divorce Gulch". I guess if you'd rather put up with 100 degree heat rather than some washboard roads and a little snow plowing, it's probably not for you. For us, it's the other way around.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Redmond, or 100 / 1960 100 (tied) 1949
    Yup, and choking thick with smoke from fires. I live 20 miles west so it was only 99!
    Lot better today though - only 92 and I can see N Sister from seven miles away

It was 104 on my car yesterday in Spokane. Today, it's officially only 88 right now but the smoke is thicker than hell and it's windy. We're getting hammered by the smoke from the Entiat fire. Virtually all of eastern Washington is under a red flag warning right now. Heading to Bend on Saturday for a week so I hope things clear up a bit in the next few days.

Absolutely gorgeous here in DC yesterday and today. Heat's back on for the weekend tho... bummer.

Hot weather makes me even more anxious. I hate it. Yeah, it's some kind of reverse SADD: the sun gives me the blues bad.. No way could I live out in EWA. See Rants.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    It was 104 on my car yesterday in Spokane. Today, it's officially only 88 right now but the smoke is thicker than hell and it's windy. We're getting hammered by the smoke from the Entiat fire. Virtually all of eastern Washington is under a red flag warning right now. Heading to Bend on Saturday for a week so I hope things clear up a bit in the next few days.
    Heard from a GF on the west side who said she can't get hay delivered because the DOT won't let the trucks cross the pass due to high fire danger. I-90 has been closed all day outside of Ellensburg. Multiple car accident due to smoke and ash.

I was in town just now and saw several brush fires burning along the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hot weather makes me even more anxious. I hate it. Yeah, it's some kind of reverse SADD: the sun gives me the blues bad..

My problem with too hit weather is that is hard to enjoy doing things outside for most of the day. Of course in Utah I lived going on 2am runs as it started to get cool and there was a distinct smell as the air cooled down

Heard from a GF on the west side who said she can't get hay delivered because the DOT won't let the trucks cross the pass due to high fire danger. I-90 has been closed all day outside of Ellensburg. Multiple car accident due to smoke and ash.

I was in town just now and saw several brush fires burning along the roads.
    Stevens is closed to Leavenworth due to fires, friends pictures from there are... smoky.

Friends from Crystal are working the Entiat fire rather than getting their usual Alaska fire postings.

Sure be nice to have good hard rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Do they not have garden hoses in Washington? I thought that was the preferred method of fire prevention.

Well, it's official. It was the hottest July in 30 years according to the record keepers. Looking forward to this week when we might actually get below 70 at night.

Somebody check those records against coming El Nino winters.

Well, it's official. It was the hottest July in 30 years according to the record keepers. Looking forward to this week when we might actually get below 70 at night.
    Maybe for up North. The South enjoyed one of the mildest summers in like 30 years. Many times this summer, it was hotter in WA/ID/MT than it was in TX. Certainly odd.

What's the story with people who live in hot places complaining about the heat? You didn't know that's what you were signing up for when you decided to live there? Perhaps the hipsters among you figured the people who named a place "Hell's Canyon" were just being ironic?
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Maybe for up North. The South enjoyed one of the mildest summers in like 30 years. Many times this summer, it was hotter in WA/ID/MT than it was in TX. Certainly odd.
    right - I was only speaking of where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    What's the story with people who live in hot places complaining about the heat? You didn't know that's what you were signing up for when you decided to live there? Perhaps the hipsters among you figured the people who named a place "Hell's Canyon" were just being ironic?
    Of course I knew it was hot which is why I moved here however this being "the hottest July in 30 years" it is outside the norm - get it? Restating for you - it's been 30 years since this happened meaning it's not normally this hot for this long. There is an average and this ain't it.

I've been to Hell's Canyon, which is 150 miles from me, and always believed its name came from the steep and unforgiving terrain as it is the deepest river gorge in the United States. Here is what Wikipedia has to say about it:

The earliest known settlers in Hells Canyon were the Nez Percé tribe. Others tribes visiting the area were the Shoshone-Bannock, northern Paiute and Cayuse Indians. The mild winters, and ample plant and wildlife attracted human habitation. Pictographs and petroglyphs on the walls of the canyon are a record of the Indian settlements.[6]

In 1806, three members of the Lewis and Clark Expedition entered the Hells Canyon region along the Salmon River. They turned back without seeing the deep parts of the canyon. It was not until 1811 that the Wilson Price Hunt expedition explored Hells Canyon while seeking a shortcut to the Columbia River. Hunger and cold forced them to turn back, as did many explorers who were defeated by the canyon's inaccessibility. There remains no evidence in the canyon of their attempts; their expedition journals are the only documentation.[6] Early explorers sometimes called this area Box Canyon or Snake River Canyon.

right - I was only speaking of where I live.

Of course I knew it was hot which is why I moved here however this being "the hottest July in 30 years" it is outside the norm - get it? Restating for you - it's been 30 years since this happened meaning it's not normally this hot for this long. There is an average and this ain't it.

I've been to Hell's Canyon, which is 150 miles from me, and always believed its name came from the steep and unforgiving terrain as it is the deepest river gorge in the United States. Here is what Wikipedia has to say about it:

Hey now, there's no reason that we need to get facts involved in this discussion.

I tell ya what - I'm digging the monsoonal flow here in Central California. A bit of rain here and there and much cooler temps for a few days at least. It'll barely hit 80 at 3800' here today - low 60s at night. Very nice.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

It's kind of weird. I've lived here (E. WA) for the majority of my life and we would occasionally have summers like this when I was growing up but it's been well above average this year, as KQ noted. But I think I'm actually getting used to it. Went mountain biking yesterday afternoon, 102 on my car temp, and I never really got too hot. A week ago, I almost passed out from the heat. This time, no problem. I just make sure I'm hydrated really well and was fine. Bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hot weather makes me even more anxious. I hate it. Yeah, it's some kind of reverse SADD: the sun gives me the blues bad.. No way could I live out in EWA. See Rants.
    I think I have this reverse SADD too.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

WTF kinda statement is this?

The outlook for August and beyond...for the next two weeks the outlook is for below normal precipitation for all of Washington. The monthly outlook for August is calling for equal chances of normal...above...or below normal precipitation for the entire state. The three month outlook from August to October also calls for equal chances of normal...above...or below normal precipitation for the entire state.
    From: West Slopes North Central Cascades and Passes Severe Watches & Warnings (Public Information Statement)

WTF kinda statement is this?
    Recreational marijuana...
    Daniel Ortega eats here.