Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Sexy butts!

I’ll be smoking some baby back ribs for Father’s Day and post them up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My colon is going to be ruined for days.

wait.... you pull it in the MIXER?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    wait.... you pull it in the MIXER?
    I saw some cockamamie "recipe" for that once. Blasphemy. However, I will admit to using a knife, but, in my defense I'm not really slicing it, more like pushing it. I find it's faster than a fork.

Smokers, grills, and BBQs. What are you cooking?

Good bump! Fathers Day is always a great time to pick up a nice used grill. Lots of people buying dad the newest fad grill and then their old grills go on Craigslist for like $40.

Often their old grills are really nice Webers and other smokers and pellet grills.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I saw some cockamamie "recipe" for that once. Blasphemy. However, I will admit to using a knife, but, in my defense I'm not really slicing it, more like pushing it. I find it's faster than a fork.
    JFC, Blasphemy is slicing pulled pork with a knife. Try it in the KitchenAid, trust me, you'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Good bump! Fathers Day is always a great time to pick up a nice used grill. Lots of people buying dad the newest fad grill and then their old grills go on Craigslist for like $40.

Often their old grills are really nice Webers and other smokers and pellet grills.
    I did that last week. Who want's my old pellet grill. $50 for mags.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/68173728

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    JFC, Blasphemy is slicing pulled pork with a knife. Try it in the KitchenAid, trust me, you'll never go back.
    Because, you know, it's so much work pulling it with forks!

The KitchenAid mixer left with the ex, but even if it didn't.... A) I make way too much meat to fit in a mixer bowl, and B) way more stuff to clean up, and C) we've decided we like it in bigger chunks, and D) it just seems like a hudge hassle compared to opening the foil and spending 5 minutes with a couple of forks.

I did like 10 pounds recently and it was hardly any effort at all.

Chicken quarters in there currently. Drinking a tasty local and enjoying this very out of the ordinary for here, June rain. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220612_162133.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	418711

Knife? Mixer? Both blasphemy!
    Bear claws are the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Because, you know, it's so much work pulling it with forks!

The KitchenAid mixer left with the ex, but even if it didn't.... A) I make way too much meat to fit in a mixer bowl, and B) way more stuff to clean up, and C) we've decided we like it in bigger chunks, and D) it just seems like a hudge hassle compared to opening the foil and spending 5 minutes with a couple of forks.

I did like 10 pounds recently and it was hardly any effort at all.
    Jesus Christ, that was 7lbs. If rinsing out a bowl is too much work, remind me never to come to your place for dinner. The bathroom probably hasn't been cleaned since Nixon was in office. "It was a huuuuuuuuuge hassle."

Picky picky picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    This seems like a solid life hack.

How does one prepare a Flap Steak? Just grill like a regular steak?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I would assume like a skirt steak, so you'd probably want to marinate then grill

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I would assume like a skirt steak, so you'd probably want to marinate then grill

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah Bobby that’s the common wisdom. Marinate, cooked over high heat quickly to desired doneness (med rare, ofc) cook it as one piece and slice against the grain.

Little tougher than the higher up part which is the sirloin. Not much. Don’t treat it like a tough piece.

So many options. I love fajitas. Marinate. Sear but don’t cook it, slice, throw in the pan with already sautéed onions and peppers for 15 seconds and serve. The first fajita is rare but the warm [cast iron] pan keeps cooking the rest and your second third and forth are more like medium to medium well.

Often I just slice it on a board and eschew the pan presentation. Then it stays rare/med rare.

Good steak do what u want. Enjoy. I’d probably be happy just put it in the pan sear til rare and go. Yum!!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Often I just slice it on a board and eschew the pan presentation. Then it stays rare/med rare.
    Agree on the presentation point. On doneness, this may sound blasphemous, but steaks like skirt, flap and flank have a different muscular structure than steaks cut from the loin and rib primals and are better cooked to 130-135*. They'll still look med-rare at that temp and will have better texture and flavor than if you had pulled them at 120-125* like a traditional steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Agree on the presentation point. On doneness, this may sound blasphemous, but steaks like skirt, flap and flank have a different muscular structure than steaks cut from the loin and rib primals and are better cooked to 130-135*. They'll still look med-rare at that temp and will have better texture and flavor than if you had pulled them at 120-125* like a traditional steak.
    ^this. most of my cuts aren't called out by nomenclature (home processed game). Smoked some random front shoulder cut to 125* internal and pulled, it was....VERY chewy. Did a super thin cut of the flatiron-ish area marinated, pulled that at ~130 and it was amazing.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Local supermarket sold me a cryo once with about 10 pounds of untrimmed flank steak at a significant savings. I froze them in smaller sizes. They were a great thing to have on hand. I need to go get more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    My absolute fave cut. Used to be just used by Mexican and Thai joints, and it was super cheap when a friend who owns restos turned me onto it years ago. I buy it in bulk at the resto supply, trim, and vac seal. It sous vides great, is still super tasty pretty rare as long as you like it across the grain and not too thick. I have found it takes longer to cook than other cuts (density?) but you can't beat the beefy goodness.

Small gas grill recs.
    Wife is a vegetarian, so this is just for the occasional times when I cook a single burger or a couple small chicken breasts. I don't need nine burners, a hot plate, wireless thermometer. I just want it to be nice and have a small footprint.
    I've tried the disposable ones from HD that rust apart in 2 years. Looking for something more betterer.

edit: Because it's 1000x easier to ask than to read through dozens of pages of guys jerking off to smoker pron.
    However many are in a shit ton.

I have the Napoleon Travel Q 285.

It's not small, or cheap, but it's by far the best portable grill I've used.

I've had this grill for over a decade. It lives outside, has been used hundreds and hundreds of times, and it still fires up every time. I used it just this week at a lunch break picnic and then on the river.

If it eventually shits the bed I will turn around and buy it again no questions asked.

https://o-grill.com/portable-gas-gri...ble-gas-grill/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Small gas grill recs.
    Wife is a vegetarian, so this is just for the occasional times when I cook a single burger or a couple small chicken breasts. I don't need nine burners, a hot plate, wireless thermometer. I just want it to be nice and have a small footprint.
    I've tried the disposable ones from HD that rust apart in 2 years. Looking for something more betterer.

edit: Because it's 1000x easier to ask than to read through dozens of pages of guys jerking off to smoker pron.
    You know vegetables can be grilled, right? You also need to eat a lot of them to be full, so a bigger grill comes in handy for that.

I am pretty lazy these days about getting charcoal or propane. Has anyone fucked with one of these?

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/e.../55020001.html
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi