Hugh's just parking cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Hugh's just parking cars.
    well duh, the parking lot's where I glaze tuco's mom.

Try not to leave any grill marks this time.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Is that what you're calling lil' hugh these days?
    Sicko

Tamari, lemon, a drizzle of maple, crack S&P. That's it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

For the less motivated crowd, costco has a pineapple habanero marinade that fits the sweet-hot profiles well, if that's your thang.

Sorry to have wasted everyone's effort. The couple turned up with the fish, but they were not impressed with my glaze suggestion, so they's already slathered the thing in mayo, dill, and lemon and wrapped it in newspaper and aluminum foil. I left the cooking up to them.. It came out okay... Pretty blah though for GENUINE ALASKA SALMON. My famous bbq chicken bites saved the day.
    Hugh Conway sucks

That is about the worst thing to put on salmon. what a waste. My condolences to the deceased & your taste buds.

my go to is a ground ginger/soy sauce mix for the filet, then I like to whip up a topper:
    mango
    avocado
    strawberry
    cilantro
    honey
    simbal olek chili paste
    salt and pepper
    lime juice
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Sorry to have wasted everyone's effort. The couple turned up with the fish, but they were not impressed with my glaze suggestion, so they's already slathered the thing in mayo, dill, and lemon and wrapped it in newspaper and aluminum foil. I left the cooking up to them.. It came out okay... Pretty blah though for GENUINE ALASKA SALMON. My famous bbq chicken bites saved the day.
    That fucking sucks. Ruined it, they did.

mayo, dill, and lemon and wrapped it in newspaper and aluminum.
    They may be your friends but they are morons.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I don't disagree.. And they overcooked it. A lot of build up for nothing. Ended up tasting something you'd get in a cafeteria.
    Hugh Conway sucks

You'll need to have them back and show them how it's really done. That's just plain sad. <vibes>

Maybe pick them up this for a birthday/holiday/anniversary present so they can begin to understand the level of their sin.

While my Latin-spice rubbed flank steak might have been on the grill a few minutes longer than it should have (could it have been all the margs we were drinking? LOL!) the Mexican grilled corn was FAB and a huge hit (first time making it). Note - this is messy corn - big sturdy corn holders are a must.

MEXICAN-STYLE CHARCOAL-GRILLED CORN

Published September 1, 2009. From Cook's Illustrated.

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:

To achieve maximum charring without drying out the corn, we grilled husked corn directly on the grates over a very hot fire. Coating the corn with oil and chili powder gave it spice and prevented it from sticking to the grill. A mixture of sour cream and mayonnaise proved a good substitute for hard-to-find crema in the sauce used to coat the cooked corn in this authentic-tasting grilled corn recipe.

SERVES 6

If you can find queso fresco or Cotija, use either in place of the Pecorino Romano.

INGREDIENTS

Vegetable oil for cooking grate
    1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons sour cream
    3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
    1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
    3/4 teaspoon chili powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
    4 teaspoons juice from 1 lime
    1 ounce Pecorino Romano, grated (about 1/2 cup) (see note)
    4 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
    6 large ears corn, husks and silk removed

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Light large chimney starter filled with charcoal (6 quarts, about 100 briquettes) and allow to burn until coals are fully ignited and partially covered with thin layer of ash, about 20 minutes. Arrange all coals in even layer over half of grill, leaving other half empty. Position cooking grate over coals, cover grill, and heat grate until hot, about 5 minutes; scrape grate clean with grill brush. Dip wad of paper towels in vegetable oil; holding wad with tongs, wipe cooking grate.

2. While grill is heating, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, black pepper, cayenne (if using), lime juice, and cheese in large bowl; set aside. In second large bowl, combine oil, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder; add corn and toss until coated evenly.

3. Grill corn over coals, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, 7 to 12 minutes total. Remove from grill and place in bowl with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.

I know people like their grills. . Unless you are a proficient griller I find it easier to bake trhe fish not as easy to overcook. Am thawing some fish for a batch of poke for weekend barbeque. simple and easy
    off your knees Louie

Douchebags
    FWIW, I don't think Hugh could have done any better........ with the fish or the parking

for a fillet of salmon, I usually do this:

• 1-2 tablespoons honey
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
    • 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo
    • 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
    • clove or 2 of garlic

double triple or quad it as necessary. Mix it all together and put it on the salmon, let it marinade if you like. I usually put it on dirty old previously frozen Pink Salmon.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    While my Latin-spice rubbed flank steak might have been on the grill a few minutes longer than it should have (could it have been all the margs we were drinking? LOL!) the Mexican grilled corn was FAB and a huge hit (first time making it). Note - this is messy corn - big sturdy corn holders are a must.

MEXICAN-STYLE CHARCOAL-GRILLED CORN

Published September 1, 2009. From Cook's Illustrated.

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:

To achieve maximum charring without drying out the corn, we grilled husked corn directly on the grates over a very hot fire. Coating the corn with oil and chili powder gave it spice and prevented it from sticking to the grill. A mixture of sour cream and mayonnaise proved a good substitute for hard-to-find crema in the sauce used to coat the cooked corn in this authentic-tasting grilled corn recipe.

SERVES 6

If you can find queso fresco or Cotija, use either in place of the Pecorino Romano.

INGREDIENTS

Vegetable oil for cooking grate
    1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons sour cream
    3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
    1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
    3/4 teaspoon chili powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
    4 teaspoons juice from 1 lime
    1 ounce Pecorino Romano, grated (about 1/2 cup) (see note)
    4 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
    6 large ears corn, husks and silk removed

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Light large chimney starter filled with charcoal (6 quarts, about 100 briquettes) and allow to burn until coals are fully ignited and partially covered with thin layer of ash, about 20 minutes. Arrange all coals in even layer over half of grill, leaving other half empty. Position cooking grate over coals, cover grill, and heat grate until hot, about 5 minutes; scrape grate clean with grill brush. Dip wad of paper towels in vegetable oil; holding wad with tongs, wipe cooking grate.

2. While grill is heating, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, black pepper, cayenne (if using), lime juice, and cheese in large bowl; set aside. In second large bowl, combine oil, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder; add corn and toss until coated evenly.

3. Grill corn over coals, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, 7 to 12 minutes total. Remove from grill and place in bowl with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
    Ms TBS made this a week ago, except she didn't mayo and used cojita instead of romano. She said it was a Mexican street delicacy. It was good but it's a bad idea to eat it standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Ms TBS made this a week ago, except she didn't mayo and used cojita instead of romano. She said it was a Mexican street delicacy. It was good but it's a bad idea to eat it standing up.
    Yes - very messy but good! I used Queso Fresco.

These corn holders worked great as they are big and have good sturdy prongs:

Zyliss Corn Holders

We've cooked a cherry chutney the past couple times we've done salmon. A little onion, a bunch of fresh cherries (pitted) quarter cup apple cider vinegar, a splash of lemon juice at the end.

Served on top of or on the side of nice pnw king filets which we've just done under the broiler with a little salt and pepper.

We've had no complaints about either the fish or the dressing.

Slathered in mayo? Ugh. What a waste.

If it's super fresh, or if it's Copper River salmon, I'll usually just do olive oil, kosher salt, cracked pepper. Perfect on its own. If I need something else, maple glaze is always tasty, and I'd really like to get my hands on my friends' raw sugar/citrus rub recipe. Delicious.

My favorite marinade, all really strong flavors, so it's good for previously frozen or off season:

Firecracker Salmon:
    4 salmon steaks
    1/4 cup peanut oil
    2 tbs soy sauce
    2 tbs balsamic vinegar
    2 tbs chopped green onions
    1.5 tsp brown sugar
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 tsp fresh grated ginger
    1/2 tsp red chili flakes
    1/2 tsp sesame oil
    1/8 tsp salt

Whisk together and let marinate for 4-6 hours

I've always been a fan of just doctoring up some honey mustard with whatever I'm feeling like - brown sugar, dill, soy once in a while. Just honey mustard or dijon mustard work pretty dang well if you want to be lazy.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

they's already slathered the thing in mayo, dill, and lemon and wrapped it in newspaper and aluminum foil..
    What did they do with the newspaper?

Oh I thought maybe it was for something to read while they ruined the salmon.

Newspaper salmon mayo
    As timeless as a pb&j.

I bet this is their oven.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	156625