Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A couple of pics

Not surfing but summertime. Trying out sharing on my Google drive.

This is Shelter Island at dawn the other day. Sometimes can't believe I live here.

And these are two of the rescue dogs. Don't you just want to take one home?!

Are they showing up?
    You guys have any cool pics to share?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I got nothing (might be work firewall?)

Hmmm I'm still not so good with this phone. How to post pics?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Are they showing up?
    Nope... fify

I'll play. All these have been posted some where before, but what ever. To bad I am lagging so much in the pic department. I still have a bunch from a good swell in March that I have yet to process for posting. Some day.

Small surf sucks. This one is for the King.

The Lane at low tide and with micro surf.

Nat surfs

Found this girl learning with her dad last summer. Killing it, she was. Wells Beach, Maine.

Low tide is for the birds. Ogunquit River, Maine.

Swell from last july. Totally OOF, but what a day it was.

Swell from last June.

And finally, a nice top turn.

Thanks for the fix Yetiman. I see you copied the pics to photobucket. I'm gonna figure out how to share from the Google drive.

Your pics are awesome Ottime! I shouldve looked for a non surf pic thread jeez. Sorry. Hey I remember the pic of your little guy in the wetsuit, so cool.

I really like the bird pic.
    Last edited by SheRa; 07-04-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'd be drooling for waves like in that last pic!!!

^^^Yeah. I was sitting on the beach with my son that day just watching. It is kind of easy when the line up has 40-50 sitting shoulder to shoulder. That spot can light up on a south swell, but everyone goes there. Kooks, newbs, groms, pros, grumps, gramps, grannnies, trannies, locals, valleys, rippers, long boards, short boards, weirdo boarders, knee boarders, sup boarders, whom ever.

SheRa, thanks. The bird pic is my fav too. I got a few other decent ones that trip, but things came together that morning.

I'm not sure if those are posted here or not. How about this becomes the surf related non real surf pic thread. Just life style, line ups, and okay, maybe a few surf pics.

btw, you must be stoked TN. I have to admit I was routing for the Ticos.

does river sdurfing count in this thread ???

sadly neither wave set up this year, and it was a big snow year but a late slow melt ...

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4988ea63.jpg
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    btw, you must be stoked TN. I have to admit I was routing for the Ticos.
    LOL, don't get me started about football (or soccer in your speak). I'm too much of a rebel to enjoy stuff that society (and the media) force feed me. Irritates the hell out of me that the Netherlands goes completely nuts/ bonkers, everything orange (cars, houses, streets, neighbourhoods,) etc. It's all that's spoken about at the moment.

Nah, I'm not so much into these big main media sports events; happy for the dutch team that they're through to the semi finals though.

I hear you on the big media events. I don't follow soccer, or any sport for that matter, in league play. I enjoy tournaments a bit. Olympic hockey is something else I enjoy. Not having a television of our own, I think we rely on huge media events to get involved with watching. I also grew up playing in a soccer town, so it is kind of nice seeing my fellow country men show a little interest. But I am getting tired of hearing about how the rules of the game are stupid when compared to hockey, basketball or even American football.

Anyway. Post some pics. Come on Alpy, I'm sure you've got something to post.

Well shootsky, I am having many technical difficulties these days, from internet access to malwared laptop and things in between. It's hard to want to sit on the computer and work in the middle of summer. Must...buckle...down.

Here's a pic from Sunset Cliffs when you head down the stairs at Ladera Street.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1069199_10151479577371881_914330025_n (1).jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	156687  
    Henry David Thoreau

OMG soccer!!!!!!!!!!! That game yesterday. Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My peoples!!!!!!
    Henry David Thoreau

Yeah. That was a slaughter. After I realized I was not going to be watching a really good game, I just started to enjoy watching Deutschhland as if they were on replay.

Those cliffs look cool.

Your peoples. Again. Nice win. But I was rooting for the guys in blue. Before our chicken came on the scene, my wife and I were thinking we would sell our shit, head the Brasil for a few games, and then over to Argentina to ski for the rest of te season. I was imagining us shuttered in by a blizzard while we drank and watched the game.

Keeping this thread alive going.

The reef life.

Afternoon beverage.

Floating

more new stuff up at the blogworldplace

help is on the way...

help is on the way...

Hahah, never seen those guys looking nerdy before - they are so snobby at the beach when you try to ask them a question, way worse than most ski patrollers, imo.

I'm still on a running binge, it's all I can think about, all I want to do. Can't believe I'm saying that but I feel so freaking powerful right now. Like a superhero. SheRa, princess of running! Well that doesn't sound right.

I did give the Gosey an open invitation to the shores, will get him set up over there whenever he likes.

I don't have a new pic, but I saw this awesome clip on facebook this morning. Pink Floyd soundtrack, so cool. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...ages_video_set
    Henry David Thoreau

Keeping this thread alive going.

The reef life.

What is that bird? Heron?

Never mind, just checked out the blog- reef heron. Good surf stoke there too

I'm not sure what kind of heron, but that guy spent the afternoon stalking seafood on the reef. Plenty entertaining. Hence the 'reef' part. I assume it is a blue heron. And thanks. Its a hobby i picked up for hanging with my son.

SheRa, they had a huge training going on, including the use of jetskis. They pretty much were running drills all morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1393770_10151939998954350_1060523293_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	157466,,,mirissa sri lanka Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0853.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	157467,,, china town bangkok thailand Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo1273.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	157468,, sunrise kodiak alaska

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1931052_32752724349_7069_n.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	157471,, blue hole dahab egypt Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1931151_32403234349_7066_n.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	157472,,, milos island greece Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1931151_32761749349_8370_n.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	157473,, milos island greece