Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Recent (February) New Yorker article on premonitions, very apropos: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ell-the-future
    How do you "cure a man of an extramarital affair" ???

It says they did it...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Supernatural Dreams

Haven’t had any dreams, that I’ve remembered anyway, in what feels like forever.

Shit, I need to go back to eating a bowl of ice cream before bed.

It's bad enough this awful show is still on. No need to dream about it too

Let me tell you about sleepwalking.

It's a hallucinogenic trip.

Lots of people have had the experience of falling asleep with the TV or radio on, then your brain incorporates the auditory stimulus into a dream. Sleepwalking, for me, is just a full-sensory experience of that same process. I'm up, I'm moving, I'm looking around, but what I see is being incorporated into a dream.

On my first wildland fire, in 1996, my crew and I were sleeping in camp. The weather was nice so there were some who pitched tents, others who slept out.

I sat up, dreaming, looked around at the darkness and saw fire shelters and burned bodies. I went around seeing if any of them were still breathing. My whole crew was dead.
    It was so real that I carried that feeling with me my whole career...it made me a better firefighter, the terror of that outcome having been seared into my brain.

Years later I saw the orange glow of the street lights in my neighborhood in Salt Lake City on a hot foggy summer night....and in my dream it was the orange glow of running fire through thick smoke. I gained realization of wtf was going on as I ran down the sidewalk in my underwear. I thought about that last summer when the urban interface wildland stuff was going on in California, that feeling of a wildfire running through your neighborhood.

One night I sat up, feeling the presence of God. I said "OK, if you're real, go ahead and bend time". I watched the digits on my clock radio start scrambling back and forth. I just sat there paralyzed...agape.

I had a "dream" about a bunch of commandos in my back yard. Then the next day the US Marshals came walking up my driveway surrounding the neighbor's house....turned out that was both a dream and there were actually a bunch of armed guys in my back yard. That eventually led to this SWAT standoff across the street: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...SR)?highlight=

I feel bad for my wife. I'm always waking her up insisting she look at some incredible hallucination I'm having. I'm really insistent too. There's a power plant with lots of lights right outside my window, lights on the smoke stacks, lights all over the factory, etc....so those lights are always messing with me.

That sounds wild. Never experienced it. My brother once in a while used to be sound asleep and then he'd let out a scream, jump up and just start running full blast, he got pretty hurt a couple times. I don't know what he was running from but it scared the piss out of him.

I bet I do that at least monthly.

It’s actually one of the more problematic things about trying to heal injuries

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I bet I do that at least monthly.

It’s actually one of the more problematic things about trying to heal injuries
    Jesus I bet.

I think the most supernatural dreams are ones you wake up from sore as fuck with bruises.

Other than that, I'm sure plenty of chicks dream about Sam, Dean, and Castiel.

Ugh. The dreams I had last night. I don't know if I can even put them into words but suffice to say they involved Donald Trump, several friends I haven't seen in half a lifetime, smelly socks, horses, whooping & hollering and when I woke up I had that damn Lee Greenwood song, "Proud to be an American" stuck in my head AND IT'S STILL THERE PLAYING OVER AND OVER AND OVER! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

That is a great song.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That is a great song.
    I dunno about that. As it was on permanent auto rewind in my brain I started to think about the words and this sounds stupid to me:

And I'm proud to be an American
    Where at least I know I'm free

At least? Free of what?

The lyrics also go on to say:

I thank my lucky stars
    To be living here today
    'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
    And they can't take that away

Wanna bet?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Its more important now than ever.

If you give up your freedoms you are done. Many sacrificed all so we can live in it.

Its some peoples DREAM to be HERE and live in freedom. Many places are far worse.

Why do so many still want to come here?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Its more important now than ever.

If you give up your freedoms you are done. Many sacrificed all so we can live in it.

Its some peoples DREAM to be HERE and live in freedom. Many places are far worse.

Why do so many still want to come here?
    I was just thinking that the lyrics didn't do it for me not the existential aspect of it all.

Forgot about this thread, I had a good one last week.

Taking off from an unknown coastal airport in Italy, still on the ascent, and the right turbine blows up. I remember thinking to myself in the dream, “huh, bet we just sucked in a seagull or something.” Alarms start going off, shits flashing, people are screaming as we bank hard right. For a few moments I thought the pilots still had it under control and were attempting to turn it back around for an emergency landing. As we pass the 180° mark I realize we are in an uncontrolled spin. We are over water through the whole ordeal and I’m sitting in the window seat watching the Mediterranean come closer and closer... Then I woke up right before we hit. The weirdest part was how calm I was throughout the whole dream. Never panicked, not sweating or anything when I woke up. Was just thinking, damn that was bizarre.

I was running down a ridge for many miles with my black grandmother who is over 800 years old. She is a good runner and we had a wonderful time.

watch out for snakes

Omg. I woke up after crazy dreams w that damn song stuck in my head this morning. Serious

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Dreamed that I came across a witch, who gave me a powerful magical witch totem that allowed me to control things and people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I had one a couple night ago where I was sleeping and awoken by someone in my bedroom who was trying to bore into my ear or something like that. I quickly realized that it was a lithe and beautiful woman with a pixie haircut, but I knew she wasn't a human. She was clearly there to steal my precious bodily fluids. When I saw her I went from terror to having sex with her in about ten seconds. Ain't dreams great?

Any other month, I'd post ... 115th Dream, but in the spirit of the season, I bring you instead:
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

watch out for snakes

I've been having a lot of weird dreams of late. Last night, among other things, Mary Tyler Moore was featured.

I had a good one a few days ago - came home from work to find my place absolutely ransacked, like most of my stuff gone. After clearing the house I found myself in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Woke up 5 minutes before my alarm which never happens

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I had a good one a few days ago - came home from work to find my place absolutely ransacked, like most of my stuff gone. After clearing the house I found myself in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Woke up 5 minutes before my alarm which never happens
    Had the same dream last night only it eas my barn. Animals gone. Tack gone. Feed gone. No zombies.

i've recently gotten off vyvanse which has allowed for some dream recall. i fell asleep early tonight and had my first nightmare i can remember in years. i was in a shop in slc, which somehow carried 2022 Hojis and Ravens (the graphics look sick btw), that was being robbed by a disfigured midget. he started shooting the place up and i ran. i was then a test subject in what i assume was some sort of psychological experiment to study fear. there was a shipping container in a dark warehouse and a voice calling my name from the inside. i noped the fuck out of that dream pretty quickly.
    swing your fucking sword.