Amperage or Megawatt for Tahoe Powder board?

So I'm torn between getting Amperages or Megwatt's for my powder ski and can only get a mad deal on BD skis. My current skis are Nordica enforcers, and I'm skiing Tahoe and Shasta area almost exclusively, 50/50 in and out of bounds, and some snow kiting thrown in, and finally ski at about a 7 level.

Plan on throwing some Vipec's or my F12's on whichever I get.

*edit*

Went with the amperages since it seems like it will compliment my current ski, and I won't be able to really take advantage of the megawatts.
    Last edited by NorCalNomad; 07-01-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Two very different skis. Megas are a pure pow ski, great for going fast on big open lines in fresh snow but not as good in the trees or when the snow starts getting packed in. Inbounds (in Tahoe) I love mine on big storm days and the morning after a dump but then usually swap them out for something more versatile (e.g. Billy Goats).

Amps will be more versatile and playful but not (quite) as stable in the fresh. Also a little lighter than the Megas (assuming you're not talking the carbons) though neither is what I'd call a touring ski. I have no idea what makes a good kiting ski so I won't try to comment on that.

There are reviews of each on blistergear.com if you haven't looked. Also probably some here (search).

Had both this season and the megawatts were way too serious in anything but the pow.

Amps are my only ski now and seem to rip in just about any situation. Pow, groomers, volcano corn, whatever.

I haven't been on the Megas, but rode my Amps last season, and they were a BALL to ski on! Pure fun! Another cm of width prolly wouldn't matter much, and the Amps profile is pretty friendly. They do fine on groomers too, understanding that you can't rail them like a all-mt carver - you can over drive them. They're a lot like S7's minus the clown shop flap.
    Gravity. It's the law.