Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    which one of you bitch boys is suing dkny? All the wading and twisting must inflict pain and suffering.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    An American couple are suing British Airways claiming the airline ruined their holiday by booking them tickets to Grenada in the Caribbean instead of Granada, Spain.

Edward Gamson and Lowell Canaday, from Washington DC, say they wanted to travel from the US capital to London and then to Granada. The lawsuit details how the couple received an e-ticket that referred to Grenada but didn't list the country, airport code or flight duration.

The couple made it to London and didn't realise the mistake until they were already airborne, the lawsuit said.

Gamson said the penny dropped when they looked at a back-of-the-seat TV map showing the plane heading west. They then asked a member of the airline's crew what was going on

Gamson, a dentist*, said he......

*Own up. Who was it?
    I'd have thought lobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    I got a leg problem...I can't stand going to work.
    and I've got an eye problem.... I just can't see myself coming in to work.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    An American couple are suing British Airways claiming the airline ruined their holiday by booking them tickets to Grenada in the Caribbean instead of Granada, Spain.

Edward Gamson and Lowell Canaday, from Washington DC, say they wanted to travel from the US capital to London and then to Granada. The lawsuit details how the couple received an e-ticket that referred to Grenada but didn't list the country, airport code or flight duration.

The couple made it to London and didn't realise the mistake until they were already airborne, the lawsuit said.

Gamson said the penny dropped when they looked at a back-of-the-seat TV map showing the plane heading west. They then asked a member of the airline's crew what was going on

Gamson, a dentist*, said he......

*Own up. Who was it?
    I hear the same thing happens with Paris, Kentucky a few times a year.

Why sue and broadcast to the world you're an idiot? I mean a truly, abject, idiot.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    and I've got an eye problem.... I just can't see myself coming in to work.
    I have a dick problem... fuck working.

/dumbing it down.
    Life is not lift served.

I was gonna say you should sue the guys who put in your sprinklers, no good deed/job goes unpunished.
    watch out for snakes

A Yankees fan caught snoozing in the stands is suing ESPN for $10 million for making fun of him on TV.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-espn.cnn.html

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    If the Yankee's started being picky about those things they wouldn't have any fans left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    If the Yankee's started being picky about those things they wouldn't have any fans left.

That will cost you 10 million dollars.

On a serious note for the courtroom-jock TGR aTTTorneys: Do you not have to sufficiently allege damages in a defamation suit in NY anymore or is the threshold just, (as Jer put it) "My feelings are hurt, someone should do something about this great injustice!"?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    worked for churchill and ruth
    holy fucking shitballs

Hugh Conway Guest
    http://www.10news.com/news/eric-and-...-at-sea-070914
    "couldn't be bothered to have a healthy kid, a sane wife, do the needed work on the boat, decided fuck it lets sail across the Pacific - and it's the sat phone makers fault shit went tits up"

Family faces $1M suit after their beagle is attacked, killed

TEXAS CITY, Texas — A woman whose four dogs killed a neighbor's beagle is suing the owners of the dead dog for $1 million.

Emerald White's three pit bulldogs and a pit-bull mix broke through the families' common fence Oct. 27 to attack the 10-year-old beagle named Bailey. White, who has since moved from the home and could not be reached for comment, said in her lawsuit that she was seriously injured trying to stop the attack and retrieve her dogs.

The horrifying images are still fresh in Tiffany Baker's mind.

"When I looked out the window, I saw my dog on her back, whimpering, and I saw two pit bulls attacking her," Baker said.

Bailey eventually was able to walk over to the side of the Bakers' house, where she died.

White's dogs were not hurt, but her lawyer said the beagle attacked White.

"The dog at that house attacked her, bit her, scratched her, injured her," said lawyer Paul Houston Lavelle, who filed the suit Nov. 10. "Her dogs attacked the beagle, when the dog started attacking her."

Lavelle said White should not be responsible for her medical bills and also said he has received threatening e-mails from people since taking on this case.

The suit contends that Bailey first tried to enter White's property through a hole in their fence, and her dogs chased the beagle back home.

Not long before the incident, Steve Baker said he had worked to replace parts of the current fence to make it more secure and safe for his dog and family.

Steve Baker thinks that his dog never went on the offense and that she was only trying to stay alive. He also believes that the lawsuit is retaliation for 16 citations that Galveston County Animal Control issued to White after the attack.

Police have declared each of White's dogs, which have been returned to her, dangerous. The animals must be registered annually with Texas City, a sign must be posted in White's yard alerting residents of the danger, she must have at least a $100,000 liability insurance policy on the animals and have a 6-foot-high fence, city police said.

The Bakers decided not to sue White though Steve Baker said several people have encouraged him to do so.

"It wasn't going to bring Bailey back," he said.

What should it be? Come on now.... be creative. Just look at this fine example:

Woman sues employer over commute anxiety

CHERRY HILL, N.J. — A woman who says busy roads worsen her anxiety has sued a former employer who refused to change her schedule to avoid rush-hour traffic.

Andrea DeGerolamo also contends Fulton Financial Corp. fired her in May 2013 in retaliation for her efforts to address alleged workplace bias.

Her lawsuit, which seeks unspecified financial damages, asserts Fulton Financial's actions violated the state's Law Against Discrimination.
    An attorney for Fulton Financial, based in Lancaster, Pa., could not be reached for comment Monday.

In her lawsuit, DeGerolamo says she joined Fulton Financial as a marketing consultant in 2007 and took a medical leave in August 2012.
    Around that time, DeGerolamo "began to feel great anxiety and depression, which was especially aggravated by crowded roadways experienced during the heavy traffic of rush hour," the suit says.

"Her medical condition qualified her as being disabled," it asserts.

When DeGerolamo returned from leave in November 2012, she requested a work shift "by which she could come in after morning rush hour and leave prior to evening rush hour."

The lawsuit asserts that change, requested "at the mandate" of DeGerolamo's doctor, would have been a reasonable accommodation for the woman's disability.

According to the lawsuit, Fulton Financial changed DeGerolamo's schedule for a short period, then made no effort to accommodate her. The suit also says DeGerolamo returned from leave to find her duties were downgraded improperly to "clerical-type work."

DeGerolamo objected through her firm's ethics review board in May 2013 but never heard back about the complaint; instead, she was terminated on May 17, the lawsuit says.

The suit, initially filed in Superior Court in Camden County in May, was moved last week to federal court in Camden at Fulton Financial's request.

Ben Friedman, a Marlton attorney representing DeGerolamo, could not be reached.
    That poor women.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I knew this would be good from the title.

Once upon a time I defended __________ in a lawsuit brought by a woman who was a freelance graphic artist, in the era of cut-and-paste paper mockup rather than computer-based. She claimed multiple chemical sensitivity, and broad-brush claimed against everyone who made anything she used in her graphics activity. If you made glue sticks, craft paper, spray adhesive, rubber cement, adhesive tape -- you were in that suit. No legitimate scientists supported her claims, but a mail-order-degree-holding Industrial Hygienist concocted a quasi-scientific-sounding theory that they tried to pitch at the judge. Kookery was everywhere.

One of my parchment-interpretation school classmates tired of working after 1 year and fabricated a yuppie flu claim that got her a fat annuity on partial disability grounds. It helped that she was a nurse before she went to law school, her claim was pretty airtight on its face given her dual training areas. But if you knew her you knew it was a Joseph Weil gig.

I love the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    The mass media/social network echo chamber love to report these cases when the complaint is filed, but virtually never report when these cases are dismissed.

cf. the real story behind the insurance lobby fraudulent propaganda re McDonalds hot coffee case
    That fucking movie. She was still an idiot who spilled a beverage, that is supposed to be hot, on herself, because she held it like a dumb fuck.
    Live Free or Die

Can you say "nut-job?" Sure.... sure you can......

Woman says Disney stole my 'Frozen' life

A $250 million lawsuit has been filed against Walt Disney (DIS), claiming that its mega-hit "Frozen" stole directly from someone's real life story.
    Isabella Tanikumi -- who also goes by L. Amy Gonzalez -- has filed a lawsuit claiming that Disney's animated film about Princess Anna, her magical sister Elsa, and their talking snowman Olaf took elements from her 2010 autobiography "Living My Truth."

Court documents obtained by E! News includes a list of 18 "Frozen" elements that Tanikumi's claims were plagiarized directly from her book.
    These include both stories having two sisters, a village, betrayal, open doors/gates, and a "moon setting."

The documents also note that the author not only seeks damages to the tune of the $250 million, but also that Disney "cease and desist from any and all sales, distribution and marketing of 'Frozen' in any media format."

That would include a lot of products -- considering that "Frozen" is one of Disney's biggest franchises.

The 2013 film was incredibly popular at the box office, taking in about $1 billion. It has also made millions from merchandise, and stands to make millions more from an upcoming Broadway show, spin-offs, and soon even a Disney World theme park ride.

"Ms. Tanikumi is a very private individual and does not wish to be interviewed at this time," Tanikumi's attorney, William T. Anastasio told E! News. "As the case moves through the courts, I am sure more information will become available concerning her claims."

Another of Tanikumi's works, "Yearnings of the Heart" was also mentioned in the suit.

The animated blockbuster is loosely based on Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Snow Queen," according to Disney.

When asked for comment, a Disney spokeswoman evoked the film's most famous tune in this e-mail response: "This is beyond ridiculous, she needs to let it go."

Lawsuit on the rocks: Starbucks sued for $5 million over ice

CHICAGO -- If someone is suing over coffee -- as has happened before -- you would think it would be because it's too hot. But, an Illinois woman is suing Starbucks, saying their coffee is too icy.

The woman filed a federal lawsuit against Starbucks last week, seeking $5 million in damages, because of the amount of ice it uses in its coffee drinks.

Stacy Pincus says because of all the ice used in the drinks, Starbucks customers often get half the amount of drink shown on menus in fluid ounces. She argues the word "beverage" is defined as a drinkable liquid, and ice does not qualify as a beverage.

Pincus' lawsuit claims Starbucks under-fills its cold drinks to boost its revenue, and misleads customers.

She wants to force the company to use larger cups so people can get the advertised amount of liquid -- along with the ice.

Starbucks told TMZ, customers understand ice is an essential component of "iced" beverages, and if they're not happy, they can always ask for the drink to be remade.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

We, as a species, are doomed.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

RCI resorts.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Just made myself an iced mocha. Accidentally put too much ice in it because the ice dispenser on my fridge didn't stop when it should have. Someone should have to pay for this. Can I sue Sub-zero?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Just made myself an iced mocha. Accidentally put too much ice in it because the ice dispenser on my fridge didn't stop when it should have. Someone should have to pay for this. Can I sue Sub-zero?
    Go right ahead.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I don't have the dispenser on my Sub-Zero but the ice maker is tits.