Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LeBron- WTF?!?!

LeBron- WTF?!?!

I don't watch b-ball, don't like it and generally consider it rubbish. But can someone tell me what the fuck is going on with this? After "the decision" where he shat on Cleveland I thought his dream was to play for Orlando or whoever he went to. Now, a few years later, he opts out of his contract to go somewhere else (presumably for more $$$)? How is this even possible? And how big of a shitbag must one be to pull these stunts?

This is sumptin new to you?

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    Now, a few years later, he opts out of his contract to go somewhere else (presumably for more $$$)? How is this even possible?
    Dude you're the lawyer but I would suggest he probably had an option to opt out in his contract.

The bigger question is, who cares?

And how big of a shitbag must one be to pull these stunts?
    You just have to be someone who realizes that a career as a professional athlete is a fleeting thing, and you've got to grab every last cent they're offering you while the offers are still coming in. His priorities are in order: he's looking out for #1 first and foremost.

If he was a random guy in middle management who job hopped every few years for substantial gains in pay, you would be applauding him.

I don't watch b-ball... After "the decision" where he shat on Cleveland I thought his dream was to play for Orlando or whoever he went to. Now, a few years later, he opts out of his contract to go somewhere else (presumably for more $$$)? How is this even possible? And how big of a shitbag must one be to pull these stunts?
    His "dream" all along was to win as many titles as possible, guy has already made all the money he will ever need in life...Uncle Phil has taken care of that for him.
    He is at the point now (with a questionable coach, two aging sidekicks, and no point guard) that he is starting to put feelers out for alternate options to win more rings...cant fault him for that.
    He was smart enough (his agent was) to add that opt out clause into his contract with Miami for this exact reason.

Fuck, imagine what Pop could do with LeBron and all the young talent the Spurs have.

Idiot.

edit: ice beat me to it re: opt out clause

He would look good in Celtics green, I'll say that.

I don't fault the guy for moving around. Just hope it doesn't turn into "The Decision" part two.

You know LeBron and Carmello are going to end up together.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Dude you're the lawyer but I would suggest he probably had an option to opt out in his contract.
    I guess I'm more amazed that a team signed the contract. Does Aaron Rodgers have this clause? David Ortiz? It's crazy to me a team would allow a franchise player to just leave whenever he wants...

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I don't fault the guy for moving around. Just hope it doesn't turn into "The Decision" part two.
    TMZSPN has already termed it that.

Looks like it was a 4-year deal with an option for the team to renew or him to opt out. Fairly standard stuff. Apparently Bosh and Wade have the same deal.

Jesus I hate sports fans like the OP.

If this was your career, are you going to stay with a company so the shareholders can "win", take less money, etc.

No you wouldnt so STFU.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Jesus I hate sports fans like the OP.

If this was your career, are you going to stay with a company so the shareholders can "win", take less money, etc.

No you wouldnt so STFU.
    Well, Tony Gwynn is a guy I looked upto in professional sports. I am a fan of Phillip Rivers and Ladanian Tomlinson as well, so yeah, I'd stay w/ a team until they thought I couldn't play anymore. I guess we know where you stand, it's all about the $$$, fuck the fans and the franchise that just paid you a shit-ton of $$$... I tend to hate sports fans like you. You're favorite teams must be the Yankee's and the Lakers.

I guess I'm more amazed that a team signed the contract. Does Aaron Rodgers have this clause? David Ortiz? It's crazy to me a team would allow a franchise player to just leave whenever he wants...
    wow.

It can go both ways...for example Duncan is opting out of his final contract yr that was supposed pay him out $10 million...the reason? He wants to re-structure in a way that would allow the Spurs to keep/sign some talent around him while still making a respectable rate.

Youre fucked in the head.

I thought it was already proven that the NBA is fixed.... Oh, that was last year, or the year before that or.....zzzzzz

He's a quitter
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Well, Tony Gwynn is a guy I looked upto in professional sports. I am a fan of Phillip Rivers and Ladanian Tomlinson as well, so yeah, I'd stay w/ a team until they thought I couldn't play anymore. I guess we know where you stand, it's all about the $$$, fuck the fans and the franchise that just paid you a shit-ton of $$$... I tend to hate sports fans like you. You're favorite teams must be the Yankee's and the Lakers.
    LT didnt play with San Diego his entire career. So whats your point?
    Live Free or Die

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    He's a quitter

he's a cramper.

He opted out, yes, and such clauses (and actions) are commonplace. Still, one possible outcome is that he, bosh, and wade all opt out and re-sign for less money so that Miami can reload with other players. Not to mention that 4 years ago, he took less than max money to sign with them. There is nothing even slightly lame about him opting out today, regardless of what he decides (and I ripped him for "the decision").

And to the person who said he had a questionable coach, Spo is one of the best 4 or 5 coaches in the league, coaching wasn't Miami's problem.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

But I do agree with ice, he'd look great in Celtic green.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    He opted out, yes, and such clauses (and actions) are commonplace. Still, one possible outcome is that he, bosh, and wade all opt out and re-sign for less money so that Miami can reload with other players. Not to mention that 4 years ago, he took less than max money to sign with them. There is nothing even slightly lame about him opting out today, regardless of what he decides (and I ripped him for "the decision").

And to the person who said he had a questionable coach, Spo is one of the best 4 or 5 coaches in the league, coaching wasn't Miami's problem.
    Spoelstra is Pat Riley's puppet...not that its a bad thing but Im certainly not putting him in that elite class of NBA coaches.

You mean the Yankees who won 4 world championships with a class of home grown talent that stayed together for their entire careers?

Moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    You mean the Yankees who won 4 world championships with a class of home grown talent that stayed together for their entire careers?

Moron.
    Ha, ha, yeah, A-roid was home grown. You understand that the yankees have had the highest payroll since 2000 (aside from the dodgers this year) and that people tend to frown on their tactics of trying to buy the world series. I don't need to argue w/ you cause I don't give a shit about the yankees. Just pointing out why they are the butt of jokes.

Should be interesting. He's got the money, although it is always a scorecard but it is about where an who he can win with next.
    Click. Point. Chute.

spook Guest
    it won't matter. jordan did it all in chicago.

I guess we will find out how good a coach Spoelstra is . Not sure where he will end up. Does he go with a young up and coming team like the GSWarriors or the Rockets. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Mavs. He & Carmelo could pull a decision 2 and take pay cuts but where?
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations