Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plantar Wart

You learn the word when the doc is searing flesh on your foot

http://www.wartabater.com/

we got one of these years ago, it works great. Hurts for 2-3 minutes. When the pain stops, you are finished. If the wart is especially large, it may require a couple treatments. Work the outside toward the center.

I recommend soaking the wart in hot water for a bit before treatment, it works better on moist skin vs. dry.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post

we got one of these years ago, it works great. Hurts for 2-3 minutes. When the pain stops, you are finished. If the wart is especially large, it may require a couple treatments. Work the outside toward the center.

I recommend soaking the wart in hot water for a bit before treatment, it works better on moist skin vs. dry.
    Uhm, maybe a group buy is in order ?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Just FYI
    “Plantar” is specific to your foot
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Look out. Dr Portland is here.
    He's right...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Just FYI
    “Plantar” is specific to your foot

I you wartabate too much, you might go blind.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Post a picture. But if it is truly a wart and you've been trying home treatment that long without success, seeing a professional would seem to be the obvious answer.

Sidebar, docs: I had a wart on my fuck-you finger, second joint, back in 1987. It got cut by accident, and went away. It came back in the mid 90’s; I got rid of it with duct tape. A year ago it came back, 25 years later. Do these fucking things ever go away?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Sidebar, docs: I had a wart on my fuck-you finger, second joint, back in 1987. It got cut by accident, and went away. It came back in the mid 90’s; I got rid of it with duct tape. A year ago it came back, 25 years later. Do these fucking things ever go away?
    Stop messing around with dirty chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

^^^Oh, it’s way too late for that advice...

Very tempting...
    I had one more round of the freeze away can left, so picked some of dead skin off the top, applied freeze, then got a bit too much into it and proceeded to hack away again with a razor, applied freeze, repeat one more time. Bled like hell. If this doesn't work Dr. trip is in order this week!

Shaving as much away as you can without pain or bleeding taking very think slices with a single edge razor blade before applying whatever you're going to apply is a good idea. Wouldn't be a bad idea to paint the wart and the razor blade with a little iodine first. I don't do it myself but I'm a professional.

I found that using a pumice stone after showering helps get the dead skin off. Then sometimes i'd use a clippers and do my own surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Very tempting...
    I had one more round of the freeze away can left, so picked some of dead skin off the top, applied freeze, then got a bit too much into it and proceeded to hack away again with a razor, applied freeze, repeat one more time. Bled like hell. If this doesn't work Dr. trip is in order this week!
    Update...a few weeks later and it's all gone! I guess my advice hack away until it's raining blood, freeze until you lose all feeling, and only then will it go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I don't know the medical answer as to whether or not the virus always stays in the body waiting to make another wart. I do know that I've a had few and never had one come back.