Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flag Football anyone?

Joined a team last night way more serious and competitive then I had anticipated. And im stuck with with number 18.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Joined a team last night way more serious and competitive then I had anticipated. And im stuck with with number 18.
    So wait?... Your daughter plays tackle and you play touch?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Not touch flag. Thats right.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I played for 15 years. Mostly co-ed... Great game. I miss it a lot. The higher the competitive level the more running plays there are.

Not touch flag. Thats right.
    Sorry... My bad.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Signed my 5-year old up for Fall league. Unfortunatly no tackle football available at his age.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

You're not to concerned about that disc anymore? While it isn't rough touch or tackle, the blocking puts a serious load on the spine. Unless you're laying down chop blocks. I played competitively into my 40's. Paying for it now.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

No I don't worry about disks anymore. I know they blow out and I also know what meds to take to fix them. My Dr said on my last visit something like, good news the older you get the less likely you are to blow out a disk.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Our team sux. Next year im starting my own team. But I can talk some shit, so much in fact I just got an email telling me to maybe stop talking to the other team so much (I think the word word was chirping). I play D and every time after I catch an interception I yell at the QB to keep passing me the ball or that Ill be open all night. Or if I get a sack I spike the flag which apparently is offensive to some. Im going to keep doing it, Im the only one who scored last week and I play only D.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

You make it sound so fun.

Maybe your team phones it in because you're such an obnoxious cunt.

Yeah, I do my best.

How does this sound.

"Hey you with the stupid gloves, run the ball my way." or should I use stupid socks instead?
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Dude, you might go pro!

Just tackle them. That'll show them you mean business!

I think this is the OP:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_ln29mx9qbc1qgfngno1_500.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	156885  
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Our team sux. Next year im starting my own team. But I can talk some shit, so much in fact I just got an email telling me to maybe stop talking to the other team so much (I think the word word was chirping). I play D and every time after I catch an interception I yell at the QB to keep passing me the ball or that Ill be open all night. Or if I get a sack I spike the flag which apparently is offensive to some. Im going to keep doing it, Im the only one who scored last week and I play only D.
    So you play with a bunch of touchy-feely millenials who all grew up with participation trophies? Awesome.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So you play with a bunch of touchy-feely millenials who all grew up with participation trophies? Awesome.
    I have some shocking news for you, the touchy feely types of my generation dont play football- they blog about how dangerous it is.

catch an interception
    I'm unsure of how to begin but I think I know why you're next team might not have enough players and this team ignores you.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 07-21-2014 at 06:32 PM.

How does this sound.

"Hey you with the stupid gloves, run the ball my way." or should I use stupid socks instead?
    It'll take a little extra effort but I say you go with "stupid gloves and socks".

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    I have some shocking news for you, the touchy feely types of my generation dont play football- they blog about how dangerous it is.
    How brave of them.
    I still call it The Jake.

No they do play football, they just play it ironically.

OMG you play flag football. Can you teach me to be as rad as you?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    OMG you play flag football. Can you teach me to be as rad as you?
    IDK lets start with a report on

--Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I could not say anything last night because I was getting smoked.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You say it like the kids were buying the trophies for themselves and organizing things.