Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I never minded Sex in the City shows.. at least they were short. The first movie was meh... then the second one, that was epic fail.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    The Time Traveler's Wife

With a decent run of non rod-cringing netflix movies the past few weeks, this one shows up AGAIN. Opt out clause in effect due to previous viewing precedent? Nope, trial de novo.

On to the pre-showing review, which I am sure mirrors my sentiments last time I watched this. Some creepy dude meets a little girl and thinks she is hot and wants to have sex with her. So, in order to avoid statutory rape charges, he travels to the future, a magical time where age of consent is no longer an issue, and he nails her. They actually get married in order for the creepy dude to legitimize his perversion, but rather than hanging out with her in the future, he travels back in time to stalk her as a little girl some more.

This movie was probably supposed to be about the timelessness of love - an oft-used romantic movie concept that usually sees the main characters devoted to each other as they get OLDER. Some genius thought that turning the clock back was a fresh take but apparently failed to see how rapey this all seems.
    This was more how I was thinking this thread would go. Bravo. Great writing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I never minded Sex in the City shows.. at least they were short. The first movie was meh... then the second one, that was epic fail.
    The second one? Dude, no wonder we didn't see you in the feeling manly thread.

Just fuckin' with ya. Seriously, vibes.

Not a movie, but this qualifies.

Project Runway: Season 436

Wife wants me to get into this show with her so I choked down a few episodes. Apparently, it's where entitled kids go to act special because their backwoods town never quite understood their penchant for neon and feathers. What better career choice for self-indulgent millennials than the warm blanket of fashion's subjectivity, shielding them from any sort of objective criticism or rational thought requirements. For instance, one particular plum sniffer seemed desperate for the approval of the experts, that is until he was challenged for cutting a hole in an umbrella and calling it a skirt, at which point he retreated back to his feigned integrity. Anyway, the bulk of the cast is probably an all too deep well for the topic-starved at Taylor & Francis' Journal of Mental Health.

Enough about the people, and I didn't even touch on the hosts. They seem to be sharing brain cells. One of the guys looks like he couldn't even manage a Radio Shack into bankruptcy.

EVERY EPISODE IS A BASICALLY A TOOTHPASTE LUBE HAND JOB FOR CORPORATE SPONSORS. I mean, it doesn't even make sense. Transitions makes glasses that transition from dark to light depending on the weather, they gave us a shedload of money, so lets shine a black light on your neoprene dirndl skirt.

Anyway, the entire cast presents a "look" on the runway, someone gets voted off the show and then they all hug and tell the person they've known for 8 days that they love them. I barely love my wife after a decade of shitty TV, but these people are all in love after a week of sharing a sewing machine.

Ruling: will continue to watch hoping that poor craftsmanship leads to exposed warlocks.

Make her watch Forged in Fire after, you'll be even.

It is the same premise, but with D&D playing hermits that have their own home forges.
    It will cut.

My wife has a hard time finishing 45 minutes of whatever favourite show she has, let alone a movie.

What I do have to watch every now and then, though, is White Collar. I realize it's finished, but it's still shitty. The other one is Suits. Suits is arguably as bad, but I think it's worse, as it still has a storyline going.

Empire Of The Sun and Dangerous Liaisons stand out as really terrible viewing experiences that my previous wife imposed on me. But I have to be honest and note that I tend to choose movies that most people would consider much worse than those. True fact: The last movie we ever saw together was (my choice) Shakes The Clown.

Current wife? We respect each others' boundaries. She watches When Calls The Heart without me, and I watch a lot of stuff without her (recent picks that she, and nearly everyone on earth, would have hated: Meet The Feebles, Lifeforce, Bloodrayne - The Third Reich, Dangerous Men). And we watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend together; that, and Sam Bee.

Shakes is great but I've always had a thing for Florence Henderson and Bobcat

Happened to thrown in city slickers during a recent weekend wife and I were fighting. I had forgotten how absolutely awkward a movie involving cheating spouses, divorce and other dead end relationship topics can be !

Reviews of movies my wife makes me watch

GF on classic movie kick.

My Fair Lady with Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn on dvd last night. It’s my favorite musical that I have seen several times live but hadn’t seen the movie in ages. It’s great! Rex Harrison is perfect as Henry Higgins. Five stars for sure.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Meh. Never did like that movie. One star.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by 4matic; 06-30-2019 at 05:39 PM.