Don't upgrade to Mavericks if you use quick look for files a lot

So IT wanted to update all our computers to Mavericks. I refused and thankfully I did. Apple is fucking people again when it comes to quick look playback. My teammates machine will no long quick look play ANY video file regardless of codec and I can simply hit spacebar and scrub through any video file I have the codec for. And I can quickly scroll through the video files by the up/down arrows in any folder. This may not be a workflow people use a lot but I use it ALL THE TIME. When I get a doc in an email, I just hit spacebar to preview it. That shit doesn't work for him either. No more quick look for PPTs and word docs. It's bullshit.

So just fair warning to people that use this function. Oh, and the new labels blow dog in Mavericks. They are just a colored dot instead of highlighting the whole text in a certain color. Fuckers.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

To add to that, rumor is it doesn't play nice with pro apps like Logic, a large part of that is interface support.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

I'm still on 10.7.5 on my edit systems. Editors don't upgrade when everything works for stupid finder upgrades(downgrades). My new laptop has Mavericks but I haven't had to use it for anything pro so I won't comment on that. But I have heard of issues with things like DaVinci, but I haven't run into them yet.

Apple is about consumers now, no longer about pros.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

i'm on 10.9.3 on an intel core i5 imac
    but i'm not doing video
    i did have to wait for autodesk to upgrade autocad to work under mavericks, but i've been good since then

spacebar works for me on:
    - word file in email or on desktop
    - files on desktop, incl .pdf, tif, .jpg & .mov
    - files in email, incl .pdf, .tif, .jpg
    pretty typical stuff, but that's all i've got on my machine to test

edit to add: arrow keys work for me in the finder windows