Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    that's a bummer, that's my go to show when I can't brain.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Parts Unknown leaving Netflix middle of June.
    thnx for the heads up. will binge watch on the rainy days until then
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    thnx for the heads up. will binge watch on the rainy days until then
    Go to the Lyon episode first. The best.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

ooh I saw that one- so good.
    I was just in France and leading up to the trip was watching/ reading everything I could find

We were in Lyon too briefly. In fact I took the train away saying fuck Lyon (due to a ridiculous rental car return situation) but I'm already plotting my return to the area
    skid luxury

ooh I saw that one- so good.
    I was just in France and leading up to the trip was watching/ reading everything I could find

We were in Lyon too briefly. In fact I took the train away saying fuck Lyon (due to a ridiculous rental car return situation) but I'm already plotting my return to the area
    There's a really cool printing museum there, not quite on the level of the one in Antwerp but still really interesting.

I've had great food and miserable food in Lyon, it seems to be one or the other but nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    There's a really cool printing museum there, not quite on the level of the one in Antwerp but still really interesting.
    I've had great food and miserable food in Lyon, it seems to be one or the other but nothing in between.
    i haven't seen the one in antwerp- which sounds interesting but curious if you are in printing for your vocation or something to have visited 2 printing locations at your age??

I read the Kurlansky book "Paper" which intro'd me to printing etc and was excellent and I'm sure touched on Lyon as I just googled Lyon printing- pretty rich history there.
    My mind is always blown by the early stages of what we take for granted- I am a magazine whore.
    but also crazy how I now almost exclusively consume what would prior be printed, on a tablet.
    skid luxury

i haven't seen the one in antwerp- which sounds interesting but curious if you are in printing for your vocation or something to have visited 2 printing locations at your age??

I read the Kurlansky book "Paper" which intro'd me to printing etc and was excellent and I'm sure touched on Lyon as I just googled Lyon printing- pretty rich history there.
    My mind is always blown by the early stages of what we take for granted- I am a magazine whore.
    but also crazy how I now almost exclusively consume what would prior be printed, on a tablet.
    Nope, no involvement in printing here. Just read a lot and inherited a book accumulation problem from my parents.

I spent a lot of time as a kid wandering around museums in Europe because my parents were there for work. But these two were in the last five years or so while on work trips with my Dad. We had a meeting in Antwerp and wandered by the museum there. It was worth going in to see more than one Gutenberg Bible. And last year (?) we were driving to a meeting in Turin and spent the night and a half day in Lyon. I think a family friend recommended that museum?

https://www.museumplantinmoretus.be/nl/bezoek?mobile

http://www.imprimerie.lyon.fr/imprimerie

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    His (non-fiction) books are out of this world good. Kitchen Confidential and Medium Raw. Amazing. Especially the intro to Medium Raw.
    I no longer eat "Eggs Benedict" nor do I partake of the "specials" offered at the end of he week when I go out to eat because of Kitchen Confidential.

His fiction novels are pretty solid, too.
    I read Gone Bamboo earlier this summer. It's a food-noir, for lack of a better term. If you dig the works of Elmore Leonard or Carl Hiassen, then you know what you are getting into (except with mnore foodie references).

I read Bone in the Throat, but that was a few years ago, so my memory of it is kind of blurry. I do wish he'd written more fiction, though...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    the final episodes getting a lot of publicity
    The few I’ve seen so far are excellent

I wanted to avoid the new season, too sad to watch, but had to tune into tonight's Asturias episode, because I just watched the Vuelta do a few stages through the region, and, man, is it pretty there. Mountains into the sea.

He left some good friends behind. Wonder what Zack is going to do? Excellent photography tonight, as always.

Started reading Nasty Bits yesterday.
    It's a bit disconcerting that in the first two essays Bourdain mentions a French chef who supposedly committed suicide because an order of fish to his restaurant was late; Bourdain kind of seems to be making light of such extremes (i.e. who would kill themselves over a late shipment of fish)...

I find this thread title disturbingly ironic
    . . .

Man, what would he say about the current state of things and the general asshattery. Would be worth the listen.

All seasons of Parts Unknown on HBO Max.

It hard to believe one can cook no swearing but I been liking Jaques Pepin for the cooking, its all super easy, no recipes, some of this, some of that if you like... super chill
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ghost writer?
    . . .

I just finished The Bobby Gold Stories, one of 3 fiction novels Bourdain wrote (though at a lean 165 pages it's really more of a novella).
    It's really a shame that he didn't write more fiction. This was a great modern noir/mob story. Highly recommended if you like hardboiled crime fiction with a wee bit of foodie/gourmet ambiance tossed in for good measure.
    Both of his other novels, Gone Bamboo and Bone in the Throat, are also worth reading.

I just read the book that has a lot of his voiceovers from the shows, it's like a travel companion... meh, someone else filled in the blanks and it's just his voice over notes.

I'll need to add his novel(la)s to my list.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I watched RoadRunner last night (new Bourdain documentary).

It's really fucking good. Worth the $15 on Amazon or Youtube or wherever you watch movies. God damn I miss Bourdain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I watched RoadRunner last night (new Bourdain documentary).

It's really fucking good. Worth the $15 on Amazon or Youtube or wherever you watch movies. God damn I miss Bourdain.
    100x yes. A powerful movie. Miss that guy a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums