WTB: Used MTN Bike 26-29" Full Suspension or Hardtail for Missoula Riding; <$800

Looking for a bike to climb the Missoula area trails, if you're familiar with this area you know you don't NEED a full suspension for our average rides, but it sure makes things nice. Let me know what you got, could go higher than 800 for the right deal but that's my price point right now. Older bike is fine, doesn't have to be superlight, probably won't be for my price point, but lighter is better. Thanks fellas,

that is probably the most vague description of what you could want... ever. lol

might as well relabel the title "WTB: USED MTN BIKE OF ANY KIND FOR 800"

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post

might as well relabel the title "WTB: USED MTN BIKE OF ANY KIND FOR 800"
    I had a red one for sale recently. Sounds like it would have been perfect for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post

might as well relabel the title "WTB: USED MTN BIKE OF ANY KIND FOR 800, NEGOTIABLE"
    FIFY

Aside from ball busting: OP it would be helpful if you gave some measurements. While most types of bike might work for you, you still want to get the right size.

I have what you need, and I am in Montana. (I also agree from 30 years of living in Missoula that a hardtail is just fine for the Rattlesnake.)

Rocky Mountain Blizzard 20" (steel hardtail)(2007)
    XTR components (2x9)
    Marzoochi 120 fork with lockout.
    Carbon fiber bars & seat post. (Easton)
    Race Face 180 cranks & bash guard
    Sun Singletrack rims, XT hubs, 2.2 WTB Timberwolfs

It was built up by Don at the Bike Doctor in Missoula back around 2007. I have about $2,800 into it. Great condition, perfect for the Rattlesnake.

Send me a PM with your digits and we can talk. I am over in Big Sky these days.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Reroute all your Montana MTB questions here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Ask-a-Stuckie!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

2009 Giant Reign 2. Its a little bit outside your budget at $900, but it sure is mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I have what you need, and I am in Montana. (I also agree from 30 years of living in Missoula that a hardtail is just fine for the Rattlesnake.)

Rocky Mountain Blizzard 20" (steel hardtail)(2007)
    XTR components (2x9)
    Marzoochi 120 fork with lockout.
    Purple Hayes disc brakes with 8" rotor up front
    Carbon fiber bars & seat post. (Easton)
    Race Face 180 cranks & bash guard
    Sun Singletrack rims, XT hubs, 2.2 WTB Timberwolfs

It was built up by Don at the Bike Doctor in Missoula back around 2007. I have about $2,800 into it. Great condition, perfect for the Rattlesnake.

Send me a PM with your digits and we can talk. I am over in Big Sky these days.
    Edit: I would be willing to sell it for $800.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Attachment 155842

Reign 2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Attachment 155842

Reign 2 2009
    What size is this?
    Sent via care package with protective strafe run

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Reroute all your Montana MTB questions here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Ask-a-Stuckie!
    I don't have any bikes for sale.
    $800 also won't get you the tight spandex and carbon race 29er you need to bomb around making braking bumps everywhere. Good start, though.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Thanks for all the help folks, glad some folks realized my description was not actually that bad. I'm 5'10" looking for a med- large frame. Peace, I'll be in touch

Quote Originally Posted by stizzmt View Post
    Thanks for all the help folks, glad some folks realized my description was not actually that bad. I'm 5'10" looking for a med- large frame. Peace, I'll be in touch
    I think mine is a large. It is too small for me and I am 6'2". I know they make a larger size than mine, 22" so I assume that is the XL and mine is the L.

I have a large 2007 Santa Cruz Blur xc which sounds like something that would fit your needs perfect. Fox shocks and mixed components and could use a tune up but it's a solid bike that was never ridden hard at all. Probably couldn't go as low as 800 but pm me if you're interested and we can go from there.

I've got a really nicely spec'd 29er hardtail on sale for $700 ($750 shipped). Nearly new condition and ready to ride.. Check it out:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ignol-Scimitar

EDIT: frame size is listed as small, but it has a 23" top tube which is solidly in the medium to large category.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.