Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Besniwod View Post
    As I said in my earlier post, I was told they were continuing the Zenoxides with all of them having the same layup as the 105 for next season. That was a while ago though so maybe it's worth shooting them an email to check.
    Thanks according to the rep the new all carbon c88 will be 3 oz ligther per ski in the 177 length. So should come in around 2700 grams for the set. Picked up a pair of last year's hybrids in 170 and 177, going to weigh them, figure out which size I want and mount them up with low tech race bindings and rear plates, pomoca mixed skins.

Good choice on skins. Can make up the 3 oz with them.

Just heard back on the new Synapse line, all carbon construction as well. Based off pre-production demo skis. They also have a 101 in the lineup, weight is between the 92 and 109.

Synapse 092 Carbon 175 2700g /pair
    Synapse 092 Carbon 180 2770g /pair
    Synapse 109 Carbon 180 3085g /pair
    Synapse 109 Carbon 185 3250g /pair

Just to chime in a vote for the Movement Bond X. I got some in the spring sales and have mounted them up with Dyanfit Superlite (great binding btw). I got the 177s and I'm 180cm, 75kgs. On the up, it's just ridiculous, I'd never broken 1,000m vert/hr till these. Even w/ a ski w/ 'real' dimensions it's only 250g/ski heavier than the twiddly skimo race sticks. On the way down I can't believe how stable they feel given their weight. On hard snow they have great bite (not that much rocker, just a touch really) and release, in soft they are predictable and at 177cm w/ 84mm underfoot can do the job without having to jump up and down too much. I'm impressed.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy View Post
    Just to chime in a vote for the Movement Bond X. I got some in the spring sales and have mounted them up with Dyanfit Superlite (great binding btw). I got the 177s and I'm 180cm, 75kgs. On the up, it's just ridiculous, I'd never broken 1,000m vert/hr till these. Even w/ a ski w/ 'real' dimensions it's only 250g/ski heavier than the twiddly skimo race sticks. On the way down I can't believe how stable they feel given their weight. On hard snow they have great bite (not that much rocker, just a touch really) and release, in soft they are predictable and at 177cm w/ 84mm underfoot can do the job without having to jump up and down too much. I'm impressed.
    Quoted for truth. I toured quite a bit last season on a pair of 183 cm Bond Xs and was very impressed, especially given the weight of the ski. They are strong performers in any type of consistent conditions, and a dream on the up. A very impressive ski overall.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Hey all - So I'm also looking for a lightweight mountaineering ski, to complete a backcountry quiver of 3: 188 Carbon MW for deep days, 184 Cham HM 97s for daily drivers, and... something 80 - 90 mm underfoot for ski mountaineering, long tours, and dipping my feet into racing. I'm 6', 185 lb.

I'm used to skiing something with a bit of camber but a healthy dose of rocker up front, and seem to like that style of ski though possibly just because I know how to ski it better than anything else. So, the Cho Oyu and Response-X both look great to me. But I get a great prodeal on G3, so I'm looking at the Zenoxide 88 or Synapse 92. The Zen is a pretty traditionally cambered ski with little rocker, and the Synapse has almost no camber. Wish they made something in the middle. Thoughts, for the application I described? Thanks all!