Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

***** Filson Help ***** Need bag

So my large outfitter bag has finally seen it's last days, after almost 15yrs. Thing is part of the family. Filson will credit me (Awesome warranty etc) but they won't fix it and i can't get the same bag as it's discontinued...therefore, fck that. I'll try to find a good cobbler to patch it up. However, i think it may be time to accept the inevitable retirement and understand i'll need to get something new.

What i'm asking of the collective, since many of you are somehow wise and also somehow rather well off, beyond your years...what should i get, what has worked? I'll take other suggestions or even arm chair shit.

Anyone have an Outfitter they'd like to part with? And don't mention the ebay shit, well covered. Would rather help an inmate here.

Padded Room vs tech talk...tough call on this, so no douchery please. The goal ( as always for this special place) is good info for all to learn and share from...right

Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    So my large outfitter bag has finally seen it's last days, after almost 15yrs. Thing is part of the family. Filson will credit me (Awesome warranty etc) but they won't fix it and i can't get the same bag as it's discontinued...therefore, fck that. I'll try to find a good cobbler to patch it up. However, i think it may be time to accept the inevitable retirement and understand i'll need to get something new.

What i'm asking of the collective, since many of you are somehow wise and also somehow rather well off, beyond your years...what should i get, what has worked? I'll take other suggestions or even arm chair shit.

Anyone have an Outfitter they'd like to part with? And don't mention the ebay shit, well covered. Would rather help an inmate here.

Padded Room vs tech talk...tough call on this, so no douchery please. The goal ( as always for this special place) is good info for all to learn and share from...right
    Euro spec audi rs 6. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

some things never change eh....

nice fckn ride. Missing the connection?

I don't know much about Filson but at least take a look at LL Bean, their bags are bomber, their warranty is unsurpassed and they're a hell of a lot cheaper than Filson.

Otherwise I'm a big Tumi fan but I have no idea if they have a bag that fits your needs.

i don't know that bag item thing, but their jackets are second to none. Like comparing a Mercedes to some POS Audi.
    lemme know if you end up with some Filson credit you need to farm out...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

ice, filson bags in jeans kills it.

Tye, "Oh it looks good on you though" Probably won't farm any credit, will end up sorting it out but Filson ftw, imo, so I'm sorta stuck with that.

I did however, to keep it real, consider Saddleback instead, but Filson based on family experience is hard to top. Of course Saddleback and filson are both money but different.
    Last edited by Blatant; 05-26-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: historic accuracy

heh....

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Those Filson bags are pretty slick. But the Saddleback stuff is mighty hard to beat. If I ever thought I could justify one of their larger bags then the waterbag or the utility duffel would be on my radar for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Lotuff

PM Rontele
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    PM Rontele
    for real or the standard ongoing and never old routine???

come on man.

Rontele is the font of all knowledge. Kinda like Zardoz.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Rontele is the font of all knowledge. Kinda like Helvetica.
    fify5678
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I'll spend the cash on their clothes but I'd rather get several of the cheap Stoic waterproof duffels over a nice Filson, (when I care what my bag looks like, I bring luggage). I've had mine for 5 years now, pack it and unpack it 20-30 times a year and it looks almost brand new. I've carried 80+ lbs in it for extended periods, throw it down in the mud, etc. I think I paid $30.

Why not use the credit and get whatever bag Filson replaced it with? They still make shitloads of luggage.

I have a wheeled duffle from Orvis that is awesome. Have had it for ~10 years, they replaced it for free last year because I bent the handle being an idiot.

I have a bunch of their travel stuff. Second to none. Im a fanboi but I don't think you should even consider anything else. I still have one of my dad's bags and it has decades in it. Use your credit and try the Pullman.

yeah the pullman is the way I'm leaning, heavily. The old bag is tits though. The bottom pouch is gold. Would rather the old one. Good looking out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    yeah the pullman is the way I'm leaning, heavily. The outfitter is tits though. The bottom pouch is gold.
    I have the sportsman too and it's great for a few day trip. What type of stuff will you be packing? If nicer garments, the full middle zipper is nice on the Pullman.

I was in there this weekend and I fondled a sportsman on steroids. Don't remember the name, but it was an awesome huge duffle.

Nice job being vague as fuck about the bag and the supposed issue.

Nice job posting about a bag you fucking fool.

Get some new shit you rich scumbag
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

PM Rontele
    Filson-too butch for Rontele.

Never could justify a bag worth more than what I put in it. They look pretty though.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Get something in pink
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I want their bridle leather briefcase for my laptop bag. Not spending 900 bucks on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I want their bridle leather briefcase for my laptop bag. Not spending 900 bucks on it though.
    I know I'm all over this thread, and Hugh is sure to jump in on this one, but I've had this as a work bag for years and its tits. Barely looks used, and when it does start to wear, it will be just as good. 900 is a lot of money, but you will have it for a lifetime. My daughter may not care about it in 25 years, but if she does, she will be able to use it. There is a Filson outlet up north (Mt. Vernon area I think?). If ever in the Seattle/Bellingham area, stop in and you may score one for half price.