Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hot Sauces.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I'm currently using Hell Fire Fear This and The Hot Ones The Last Dab. So yeah, with the first ingredient pineapple it will be a sweet sauce, but I'm sure it brings the heat on the back side
    Pm me your address ill send you some so you can try it....

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    this is one of the funniest hot ones i've seen. didn't know where else to put it....

I was completely unaware of this show until I saw this yesterday. I think I’ve watched about twelve episodes already

Hot Ones is so good. GR acts like a giant pussy compared to lots of other guests

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Hot Ones is so good. GR acts like a giant pussy compared to lots of other guests
    I agree. Adam Corolla actually impressed me the most so far- barely broke a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I agree. Adam Corolla actually impressed me the most so far- barely broke a sweat.
    Trevor Noah was bad ass. He told Sean Evans that he handles spice pretty well “for a white guy.” Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

Thank you PM sent!

Awesome, just got it, thank you!

Delicious!!! I usually don't care for sweet hot sauces, but this one punches you with enough heat to drown out the sweet right away. Not too hot so it can be used straight.

As soon as Mellow Habanero goes back on sale I'll return the favor.

http://mellowhabanero.com/english/home.html

Tommy Chong was awesome on Hot Ones.

No one else thinks the host is annoying in some nonspecific way? I can’t tell exactly why he bugs me. Maybe it’s the monotone. Maybe it’s what I perceive to be false interest or over gushing on people. He eats hot sauce like a champ and he certainly found a winning combination though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah I don't love the host either but the guests can be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I don't love the host either but the guests can be pretty good.
    I think the guests are great and the format allows them to let down their guard a bit so the discussions are actually a lot of fun. I think his questions are pretty great too. I just don't dig the guy asking them for whatever reason and it ruins it for me.

He has a great list of questions and his team has done a boatload of research for him to get those questions, but he doesn't dig in or act interested in what they have to say. I think that's the issue. He just doesn't come across as genuine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    He has a great list of questions and his team has done a boatload of research for him to get those questions, but he doesn't dig in or act interested in what they have to say. I think that's the issue. He just doesn't come across as genuine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think that's just his personality. Maybe he's trying to play it low key, he seems good for the job to me

In other news, Mellow Habanero is shipping orders for they season finally. But dayum, $50 to ship 7 bottles from Japan

While all of the Marie Sharps variations are great, this one is the perfect mix between heat and taste IMO. Super cheap in Belize so load up if you are down there. Killer stuff.
    Name:  MS.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  14.7 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_180841.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	955.6 KB 
ID:	296823
    Yummy

Agree about the host of Hot Ones. Probably not a lot of options for people that can continue to ask questions unfazed while eating really hot wings.

Probably already been mentioned, but I'm loving Valentina hot sauce. Like Cholula but spicier and a lot cheaper. I've seen it around for years, but have never tried it. Really good.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yep, several mentions on the first page. Louisiana Crystal was my go-to cheap sauce, never even noticed Valentina. Looks like I need to branch out.

Several of the Mexican made hot sauces have been known to contain high concentrations of lead

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Several of the Mexican made hot sauces have been known to contain high concentrations of lead

Damn, lead? I'm a big fan of Valentina too. It's not as good as Cholula, but it costs something like 20% as much as Cholula - for that price I love it. Note that they also have the "black label" version, which is a little spicier.

As far as high concentrations of lead...shiiit. I looked into it a bit and found this video, which summarizes academic lead testing of some Central / South American hot sauces: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lea...in-hot-sauces/. Money shot is at 2:01 - Valentina does have some lead (0.056 ppm), but it's below the FDA limit for candy (0.1 ppm), so we're probably OK to continue pigging out on this stuff.

Note that four of the sauces did test above the FDA limit, see crappy screengrab from video for the offenders Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot_sauce.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	296889

El yucateco is the one of my favorites... I still eat it knowing that it's a little heavier than it should be

Whole Foods is selling Taco Deli’s Dona sauce, but I think it may be only in certain States. But here is a recipe that looks pretty close to the original.

https://www.delishknowledge.com/creamy-jalapeno-salsa/

Hot Sauces.

Store was out of black label so I got Valentina regular. Tasty but not enough heat. I’ve been dousing stuff so heavily in the stuff that I’m starting to dislike the flavor.

Costco started carrying handles (not really but they’re huge bottles) of Cholula for relatively cheap. I turned my back on it a while ago and I can’t think of a good reason why cause it’s so damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Don't know if it counts as a hot sauce, but Laoganma Chili Crisp is the single greatest condiment in the history of the world.

Attachment 233647
    I bought this recently but haven't put it on a dish yet. It is tasty with all that fat/spice/crunch in it.

Someone here recommended the green aardvark sauce. I saw it for 50% off and bought it. It has no flavor, why bother?

yeah the green aardvark isn’t really even a hot sauce

also not a hot sauce, but related: these shits are the bomb https://www.flatironpepper.com/ , the 4 pepper blend is awesome. the sweet heat is nice (not hot enough imho), the smokey is great too. hatch valley green doesn't do much for me, but for things that go better with flakes, I have been really liking them

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Store was out of black label so I got Valentina regular. Tasty but not enough heat. I’ve been dousing stuff so heavily in the stuff that I’m starting to dislike the flavor.

Costco started carrying handles (not really but they’re huge bottles) of Cholula for relatively cheap. I turned my back on it a while ago and I can’t think of a good reason why cause it’s so damn good.
    You turned your back on Cholula because it's a lot more expensive than other hot sauce if you buy it anywhere other than Costco. That and it's so mild so you end up using a lot of it.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.