Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting Paid in Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Tesla
    Wasn't that a Newport Beach Lamborghini dealership who "allegedly" sold a (used) Tesla?

Well they blogged they had. What more proof is there, or indeed could be needed..

Virgin
    Virgin Galactic.

So your client can buy a ticket to space.

But sitting next to Richard Branson costs extra..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I advise B2B manufacturing and technology businesses on finance and biz dev matters.

Commonlaw - read again. My Client sells to the Customer, which Customer regularly transacts in bitcoin. My Client transacts payments in USD but the basic rule is "make it easy for customer to do business with you". With a lot of large companies (Tesla, Overstock and Virgin come to mind) accepting Btc, seems like the risks can be managed.

BitPay claims they convert bitcoins to USD on same day as transaction with no backsies, so it doesn't seem much different from getting paid in renminbi, Mexican pesos or S African Rand. It's all a matter of volatility between payment and settlement - I think. That's why I inquired of the padded room crew for practical guidance - figured a bunch of outlaws like y'all would know the inner workings

Char - yep, there's a IRS notice (2014-21) on topic. It applies to anyone that keeps an inventory in bitcoin- gain/loss recorded when converted to USD. Same principles apply when someone holds any currency other than USD or does any sort of barter xaction.
    oh so you dont do shit and operate with no overhead, neat.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Hugh Conway Guest
    With a lot of large companies (Tesla, Overstock and Virgin come to mind) accepting Btc, seems like the risks can be managed.
    are you going to be getting the free publicity that they did for the publicity stunt?

what customer "regularly" transacts in btc? edit: mmj scammers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    are you going to be getting the free publicity that they did for the publicity stunt?

what customer "regularly" transacts in btc?
    Butterfly labs?

Sounds fucking sketchballz
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

mmj scammers?
    FTW!

But hey If they do get scammed then they'll probably just sue their former B2B advisor who insisted on being paid in real money for advice garnered on a ski forum.

Jesus…Telebob. Hey the turnip truck is just ahead of you. Jump back on.

Thus far pnwbrit >>>> boobski.

Hey why is this post created in serif font but posted sans? Kinda distracting

Why all the hate? Telebob is surely billing by the hour in real money. I'd imagine that he couldn't care any less about this customer's deal. He just want to provide counsel since he is being (highly?) compensated to do so. At what point in this conversation did he mention that HIS compensation was going to come in the form of bitcoin, magic beans, or a turbo diesel wagon with all wheel drive and a manual transmission?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canwilf View Post
    The value of bitcoin is it's less stable than most currencies on a day-to-day basis.
    fixed it for you. unless you are in Zimbabwe.

the hates because - as shown here and most everywhere save a reddit fapzone or the like nobody uses bitcoin. bitcoin's a bullshit media circle jerk.

Or should I ask - what rate'd you give me converting my bitcoin into beer?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    FTW!

But hey If they do get scammed then they'll probably just sue their former B2B advisor who insisted on being paid in real money for advice garnered on a ski forum.
    its possible telliebob works (or volunteers with) for one of those small business/economic development non-profits that promote/assist small business owners just starting up, especially those without a lot of business sense, and thus, is not being paid directly by the guy thinking of accepting bitcoins as payment.

Makes since the shady guy not wanting record of his purchase would go to the guy just starting up, and thus eager to make a sale...

Ahh - at least two people have some clue on this.

Client will use the BitPay https://bitpay.com/ service to exchange the currencies and lay off the exchange risk. Transaction fees of 1% (vs 4% for Visa/MC) and daily settlement (vs 3-5 on the exchanges) make it reasonable. We've also worked out the payment terms so that my client is out at most the cost of freight if payment goes sideways.

And I totally agree, bitcoin won't survive - mostly because widespread use obviates the power of nations to print money, so govts will find a way to shut it down. But if somebody wants to pay in bitcoin now, and the magic beans can be quickly turned to USD, what's not to like? Really, why is it any riskier than taking payment in krugerands?

Thanks for the amusing responses though - was hoping for practical experience, but will settle for entertainment.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I love the transition in your posts from "I'm a dumbshit" to "I'm an expert" in the span of an afternoon. Guess that's why yer a consultant.

krugerands are gold, fucktard. which has it's own irrational buggery, but has, over a long time, proved itself a much more stable and portable repository of wealth than bitcoin. and hence have a far larger market than the bitcoin "magic beans" that mostly appeal to faptastic e-tards, particularly those with a libertardian bent.

Hugh, what is this fap you speak of. Surely urban dictionary would shed some light but I'd rather get the correct info the first time. Been looking some new ways to deride folks and your use of fap in such colourful ways might be just the ticket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I love the transition in your posts from "I'm a dumbshit" to "I'm an expert" in the span of an afternoon. Guess that's why yer a consultant.
    Well Hugh, I performed this activity called "research". You know, read, talk with others, etc. Knew it was a long shot to find relevant experience here, but figured what the hell, I might get some laughs out of the effort.

Still by no means an expert like you, but learned enough while you bloviated to come up with a deal structure that obviates the risks on a one-off transaction.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Well Hugh, I performed this activity called "research". You know, read, talk with others, etc. Knew it was a long shot to find relevant experience here, but figured what the hell, I might get some laughs out of the effort.

Still by no means an expert like you, but learned enough while you bloviated to come up with a deal structure that obviates the risks on a one-off transaction.
    so, you are superior because you google shit and charge stupid people money?

this thread is so WEAK OP

what are you even trying to figure out? if we would accept BTC? if you should or shouldnt?

the problem is cashing out you fucking idiot, you had to do "research" to figure that out.

i hope you are terminated
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Really, why is it any riskier than taking payment in krugerands?
    You'd probably want to make sure Krugerrand is spelt correctly before accepting that payment?

spook Guest
    i'd offer him a 20% discount if he pays in bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    this thread is so WEAK OP....

i hope you are terminated
    Page dascunt to the white courtesy phone?

spook Guest
    ouchie! looks like somebody's between traumas!

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Page dascunt to the white courtesy phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    ouchie! looks like somebody's between traumas!
    Bringing the lolz as always Spook.

Ah Bitcoin, the amazing idea for a illegal drug currency that turned into internet tax haven money, hilarious shit. I like how Bob playfully mentions how the tax laws are being followed…LOL.

I would raher take the % hit on USD if I had to hold the risk.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

so, you are superior because you google shit and charge stupid people money?
    Nope.

Do you feel superior because your life consists of telling everybody on TGR how stupid they are?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Nope.

Do you feel superior because your life consists of telling everybody on TGR how stupid they are?
    only if the superior person gets in a retarded pissing match.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You'd probably want to make sure Krugerrand is spelt correctly before accepting that payment?
    crosspost from the gluten thread?