Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I mostly read the forums on the app these days.. I guess I'm gonna have to go old school and get on a computer to see what you old men are all bitching about.
    This - tapatalk is ur friend
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

TapaTalk lets PolAss through in the new posts lists. No big deal except it dominates the list, crowding out better stuff.

Anyway, this new white theme really is not that bad. Took a while for my eyes to adjust to something different, there are some definite tweaks needed. But it just is not nearly as bad as the footstomping tantrums.
    Life is not lift served.

Thanks for coming in 24 hours late after they changed half the shit we bitched about.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Thanks for coming in 24 hours late after they changed half the shit we bitched about.
    Hi there friend. I saw it before you did given my time zone, and it wasn't that bad from the get-go, though I did agree with your formatting suggestions and tweaks.
    Life is not lift served.

K2 Ski Chatter was better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    MUST. FOLLOW. BASIC...RRRRRR...STANDARDS.....FFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT... ..HUMAN DECENCY....GRRRR

We tend to think of it as supporting user feedback, which we expected to come in. Of course it is tricky to weed through stuff depending on how it comes in, but thanks to everyone for the input. We will continue to monitor for bugs and user feedback.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Hi there friend. I saw it before you did given my time zone, and it wasn't that bad from the get-go, though I did agree with your formatting suggestions and tweaks.
    It was back online around 8PM last night and I was right here. How does your time zone have to do with when they relaunch their servers?

Ok, I saw it at pretty much the same time you did. whatever.
    Life is not lift served.

The subtle color tweaks on the white theme done tonight with better contrast between sections of posts/topics/etc. make it MUCH better. And post formatting options are working again in Chrome. Thanks.

I'm not paying for this shit.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Regarding the blue color scheme, the posts within threads could use some changes in borders IMO. The header with the timestamp looks like it never finished loading and looks too much like quoted text.

I second the horizontal dividing lines in the forum view. It looks like a blob of words as is.

I would rather look at the blue version than strain my eyes with the white.

Honestly this is hard for me to read to the point that I've barely been reading it. That's the fact jack.

A couple people have said your eyes get used to it. I must have slow eye adjustment or something. But yeah, no.

edit: I'm talking about the blue version, I didn't even know there was a white version until just now, I'll try that.
    editedit: well the white doesn't hurt my eyes at least.

doughboyshredder Guest
    The new update looks like shit.

I tried, but really, it looks like shit.

White sucks. Hard to look at.

The blue is pretty unusable.

Overall each skin just looks like shit.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the new search bar doesn't seem to do anything
    not that the old one did much
    can't really tell them jongs to search if all it does is blue highlight notifications
    can we now?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Then you've been doing it wrong. It won't show up in new posts until you verify you are OK with the content via clicking yes. Once you do that, it will show up in the new posts searches. When I purge my browser of cookies and shit, I have to redo that, but I normally leave stuff on and haven't had to manually do it until today in quite a long time.
    Yeah - nah - signing in used to give me access to the padded but they never showed in new posts for me - they do now

can polyass be set up so it only shows if you're subscribed to it ?

and skifishbum is saying some fine words

edit: so when I posted this it crashed to a fail screen but refreshed/resend form and it said I'd already posted
    Last edited by spar; 05-22-2014 at 12:25 AM.

I assume they will block Polass from new posts. That was a change everyone enjoyed.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    still beats the fuck out of me
    why an action sports film based company would want anything to do with the pathetic non action sport of arguing politics
    but like pud chokin or shovin dildos or gerbils in your ass i don't give a fuck what you do in your dungeons closets or cribs
    as long as it stays there and aint drivin good people away or replacing the things that made this place special.
    which is what that lame shit does
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I like the white theme. Looks way better than the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    still beats the fuck out of me
    why an action sports film based company would want anything to do with the pathetic non action sport of arguing politics
    but like pud chokin or shovin dildos or gerbils in your ass i don't give a fuck what you do in your dungeons closets or cribs
    as long as it stays there and aint drivin good people away or replacing the things that made this place special.
    which is what that lame shit does
    Well the idea here is as little moderation as possible on the site. Politics was clogging the padded room and other areas so we moved them into their own space and let the community members who wanted to go off on politics. it should be filtered out of the new posts feed.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

maybe i missed the sheer terror of the first few hours [maybe folks should go outside and take a break from the internets?],
    but it seems just fine to me

i like the white and am done with the blue
    most of the fun assholes are back

so, keep up the good work and thanks for the site!

I will say, for all the navel gazing that occurs in times of transition, I appreciate the web dorks' attention to the issues I highlighted yesterday.

Eh mags,

Seems like some of the tweaks we've made in the 36 hours since launch have appeased some concerns you all had. We have a long list of continuing tweaks we'll be making according to your input. Please if you could keep your criticisms/complaints/positive reactions/points of outrage on this thread specifically, it'll help us act on them more quickly. I'll be logging :

-BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE FORUMS. This has been made glaringly obvious, and was unfortunately neglected as we focused our web team on building the new site. We really will make an effort to improve our efforts on this front going forward, though. We're logging overdue issues with Tapatalk and other areas where people have had issues and getting to work on them.

-People hate the Panjo gear swap. We've made sure both Panjo and List View gear swaps are available in all the menus.

-Strong reaction to idea of moderation. The slippery slope worry is definitely something that's been on our minds and while I don't apologize for editing DD's homophobic remark, I shouldn't start doing that shit until we have the ground rules out in the open. Rest assured that we absolutely realize that the near-total lack of moderation here is indeed a huge strength. I promise not to do any more selective moderation until we've had a discussion with everyone about what might work for the greatest number of people. Just rest assured that won't be an immediate or hasty process.

-Interest in a live feed of new posts like the Forum Spy on Mac Rumors (http://spy.macrumors.com/). We'll look into it.

-Visual separation (thin line or something) between forum threads for easier reading

-Tapatalk: remove PolyAss posts from New Posts feed

-Make search bar more obvious and omnipresent throughout forums
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Ryan - could you please try out some different font for the forum? (i.e. something more legible, easy-on-the-eyes)

Whatever the current font is, it's painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Ryan - could you please try out some different font for the forum? (i.e. something more legible, easy-on-the-eyes)

Whatever the current font is, it's painful.
    The new font is called Proxima Nova and we chose to use it for all of TetonGravity.com specifically for its readability as a webfont. We encourage everyone to try out both the white and blue versions of the Forums to see which reads better for you. The selector to switch back and forth is in the Forum footer. If you're still having trouble reading it, post a screenshot and your browser/OS info and we'll see if you might have a system-specific issue we can help you fix.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Yup - everyone who's complaining about the new font has a problem with their machine. it's the default that blows most right now. It blows in Chrome and Firefox. (the white has it's own issues - seas of dead empty space burning wholes, pictures look weird, whatever, this whole exercise is pointless, like everything else.).