Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    And to have a posted reply drop straight to an ad is annoying. Too many ads. Are you trying to make us go away? An ad in a forum (or web page) will NEVER make me use the link and go shop. Never
    That's why God created adblock plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

For my phone app?

Also Participated thread replies don't always show up in the stupid Timeline. Gotta go back to Participated?

Dumbfee

Originally after the switch I wouldn't get email notifications for PM's or subscribed threads. It changed a couple weeks ago, but now I am not receiving any again.

Guys - first of all, want to apologize for not commenting in here sooner this week. Have been keeping on eye on the thread and moving tech issues & complaints higher up into our list of priorities, but haven't been on here much to let you guys know so.

Telemike - I've logged your issues with Participated threads not showing up in the Timeline. I'm also looking into seeing if we can work with the developer to permit an option to change your default screen once you open the app - i.e. going to Participated threads instead of Timeline. We've also changed up the ad program so you shouldn't see as many oversized TGR social media ads. BUT DON'T YOU WANT TO BE OUR FACEBOOK FRIEND??

Shroom - the pagination is a problem on both the app & the desktop forum, and is something I'd really like to see fixed. This is our highest bug priority right now for the desktop forum, with improved search being the biggest medium-term one.

Buster, are you still having this issue: "IE9, Win7 Sp2 Amd64, back button doesn't work consistently. For some posts, it does not respond.
    Seems to wok OK on other websites?"

System, thanks for sharing the hack for being able to ignore PolyAss and any other thread. Am going to put that info together with the links to the custom forum google search and make a sticky'ed post about it for everyone else. Thanks for sharing. And we won't be closing access to the general tapatalk app right now. But no, we're not ignoring you.

Mypetpowdergoat - are you still not seeing quote boxes at all in the app??

Again, safe to say none of this is happening at the pace you all would like to see, for which I apologize. With all the materials/marketing/etc. for two films needing to get done in the immediate future, the tech team is slammed and working overtime on that as well as forum issues. Working with them as best I can to understand what's going on and how to fix/improve things. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Ryan thanks I was being a whiney little bitch.

But wait there's more!

How do I delete PMs in the iThingy app?

Also nothing to show you've got a PM without checking messages or notifications.

Too busy.

Timeline is a stupid default. I want to open to Participated without having to find it.

And you should give a heads up when shit changes and maybe describe some of them so folks don't have to go through a bunch of trial and error.

Seems like you fixed what wasn't broke and actually made it worse.

Again.

Very interested in knowing how much this cost TGR and if it's worth it.
    So we just found out we have the option to change the default forum scroll that opens when you open the app. Do you - and others - think having Participated threads open as the default across the entire app is the best idea? I think so, but just want to poll others' opinions.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Should be a user choice. A "setting" perhaps?

I'm testing here.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly.

I agree, but we're going back and forth with someone in China on tech support slowly about what we can and cannot do, and they've offered us simply that we can adjust the default view for all users of the app and didn't mention individual choice. We asked about that, but I'm just keeping ya updated with any news. Thanks.

I'd rather have it open to unread. I rarely use participated.

Proving that it should be settable by the user.

^I never go to participated personally.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Not being able to change your saved password for login is still annoying. I changed it and now it auto-populates the old one with no way of changing it. Normally when I do this with a site, it prompts me if I want to update my saved password but this site doesn't. Tried with 3 different browsers on 2 different computers running different operating system.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    ^I never go to participated personally.
    ios app: I use participated & timeline -- and neither are synched with what i've read (even in the same session of having the app open). that would seem like a basic function: to understand what's been read or not

Ryan,

app is still not properly "boxing" quotes. Both on iPad, and samsung G5.

I prefer unread as the default.

Thnx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    ios app: I use participated & timeline -- and neither are synched with what i've read (even in the same session of having the app open). that would seem like a basic function: to understand what's been read or not
    You gotta refresh the app pretty regularly to make sure it logs what you've read or not, and when you get in a thread, you can hit the three dots at the upper right of the page and hit "refresh" and it should display correctly. Kind of a PITA but it works for now, will try to figure out an easier hack.

PM delete capability? What if my box gets full?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    You gotta refresh the app pretty regularly to make sure it logs what you've read or not, and when you get in a thread, you can hit the three dots at the upper right of the page and hit "refresh" and it should display correctly. Kind of a PITA but it works for now, will try to figure out an easier hack.
    Nope, doesn't work

^^^correct, it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

PM delete capability? What if my box gets full?
    Assume you're talking about the app? Noticed you can't do that on the phone, so I'll log that as a feature request for the tech team.

Assume you're talking about the app? Noticed you can't do that on the phone, so I'll log that as a feature request for the tech team.
    Yes. iPhone app

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Ryan,

app is still not properly "boxing" quotes. Both on iPad, and samsung G5.

I prefer unread as the default.

Thnx.
    Cool. I've logged it... this is how they display on my iPhone, can you tell me what the difference is on your end?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0076.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	157269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	157270

To be honest, this and the PM delete thing are lower priorities right now; on our end for the app figuring out the pagination logic and getting it to display first unread post is what we're trying to figure out.

Tried hitting "mark as read" in participated but it marks everything as read across the app... just tried a thread in Unread and it showed as having been read in Timeline... are you only seeing with the syncing b/t Participated & Timeline?

Not being able to change your saved password for login is still annoying. I changed it and now it auto-populates the old one with no way of changing it. Normally when I do this with a site, it prompts me if I want to update my saved password but this site doesn't. Tried with 3 different browsers on 2 different computers running different operating system.
    Logging this one too, system... anyone else having this issue?

Tried hitting "mark as read" in participated but it marks everything as read across the app... just tried a thread in Unread and it showed as having been read in Timeline... are you only seeing with the syncing b/t Participated & Timeline?
    [edit]]two issues: not jumping to most recent post when clicking on a thread & lack of acknowledgement for threads as already read

the behavior i'm seeing is:
    (starting in "participated")
    click on a thread
    -say the "monk strap" thread -- it goes to the first post
    -say the "shit that annoys you" thread -- it goes to the top of the second to last page
    tho typically:
    -if it's one page, i get sent to the first post
    -if it's more than one page, i get sent to the top of the page last read
    [edit: just checking it further, the behavior is not this rigorous...it's random as to where i get sent when clicking on a thread]

THEN
    i switch over to "timeline"
    click on same threads just read
    same behavior not acknowledging having just read it (still showing blue dot to left of thread)

It seems to be the same if i start in "unread" and switch to "timeline" or "participated" (and none of this even acknowledges what i've read from the desktop browser [which works just fine via my profile in any web browser])

If i hit the refresh via the three dots, all it seems to do is add any new posts since i've had the thread open...no acknowledgement of having read any more posts

I'll try hitting "mark as read" as a reset.
    Last edited by acinpdx; 08-07-2014 at 05:25 PM.

RE: web colors:
    WTF with the light blue now as part of the B/W scheme?!?!!!!?
    Go back to yesterday's TGR white, please!!!

[EDIT] and now back to black/white/gray --- THX!!!!
    Last edited by acinpdx; 08-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Wish it were... unfortunately not an option on the Tapatalk. So maybe we can poll which homepage people would want to land on...

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    web nerds want me to ask if you use a password manager, and if you're logging in at tetongravity.com/community/login. A PW manager could have plugins across several browsers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    [edit]]two issues: not jumping to most recent post when clicking on a thread & lack of acknowledgement for threads as already read

the behavior i'm seeing is:
    (starting in "participated")
    click on a thread
    -say the "monk strap" thread -- it goes to the first post
    -say the "shit that annoys you" thread -- it goes to the top of the second to last page
    tho typically:
    -if it's one page, i get sent to the first post
    -if it's more than one page, i get sent to the top of the page last read
    [edit: just checking it further, the behavior is not this rigorous...it's random as to where i get sent when clicking on a thread]

THEN
    i switch over to "timeline"
    click on same threads just read
    same behavior not acknowledging having just read it (still showing blue dot to left of thread)

It seems to be the same if i start in "unread" and switch to "timeline" or "participated" (and none of this even acknowledges what i've read from the desktop browser [which works just fine via my profile in any web browser])

If i hit the refresh via the three dots, all it seems to do is add any new posts since i've had the thread open...no acknowledgement of having read any more posts

I'll try hitting "mark as read" as a reset.
    Given that both app & desktop are having pagination errors, the next area we're exploring are the custom mods we've made to our VBulletin platform that may be influencing the pagination to go to the wrong spot. Same thing with how the threads you've read don't get remembered as you pass from Participated to Timeline in the app.

Also System–with regards to the over-notification in your subscribed threads, have you tried resetting your notification settings on the panel in the Subscribed Threads panel?