Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Chill system, I'm just saying that there's some tools that are super useful on the Tapatalk that aren't obvious or present on the desktop version. For me, being able to quickly select between new threads, threads I've subscribed to, and threads I've participated in is pretty awesome. People have been asking for better ways to filter forum threads in more personalized ways, and I find the new Tapatalk offers more on that front. That's all I'm saying.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Don't shoot the messenger yo. Those were all simple to access with a click of a button in the older version. My point was all that shit used to work just fine.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

^^^ whoa, yeah, just noticed that the button to go to all subscribed threads is gone. That sucks. I used that button constantly in the old desktop version of the site whenever I had shit for sale in gear swap. Bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    ^^^ whoa, yeah, just noticed that the button to go to all subscribed threads is gone. That sucks. I used that button constantly in the old desktop version of the site whenever I had shit for sale in gear swap. Bring it back.
    It's still at the top of the forum under Quick Links > Subscribed Threads. Where would you rather have that button? I think it'd be great to have a drop-down that's more customized to the user, i.e. something like:

My TGR Forums (or something):
    -My subscribed threads
    -My participated threads
    -Posts from people I follow

...and?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Okay gang a few updates to clarify here:

1) With regards to the shitty search, right now we're dealing with a 3rd party platform (Vbulletin) that we don't have absolute control over. However, this summer we'll be rolling out an improved site-wide search that will pull up forum threads in addition to homepage content, and should do so in a more accurate way than the current Vbulletin search. However, we realize some of you don't want to leave the forums, so we''ll be looking at us to improve the search experience here, namely by researching other search plugins we can use with Vbulletin. If you use other Vbulletin forums that have a better search experience than TGR, please lemme know what they are and if you can tell, what kind of search widget/function they use. Thanks in advance. That'll come after the improved site-wide search as it'll be a project to integrate that into the forums.

2) There's been slightly more spam getting through into the forums, possibly because new registrations through the main site are bypassing some of the forums' spam filters. If it becomes a larger or more persistent issue, we'll bump it up the list of priorities but for now we'll keep zapping them as quickly as we can.

Thanks mags...

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    I think I had posted my last attachments from Chrome. Hmm...
    < shrug > I think it's more than that, image attachments have been funky and shown up/not shown up for people* for, well, years here without much rhyme or reason to browser type for upload/download. Here's sort of a thread, there was at least one or two more I thought but they didn't show up in the search function:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ht=attachments

*assuming based on complaints/comments they've made that others have had problems but that may be an insane jump.

Okay gang a few updates to clarify here:

1) With regards to the shitty search, right now we're dealing with a 3rd party platform (Vbulletin) that we don't have absolute control over. However, this summer we'll be rolling out an improved site-wide search that will pull up forum threads in addition to homepage content, and should do so in a more accurate way than the current Vbulletin search. However, we realize some of you don't want to leave the forums, so we''ll be looking at us to improve the search experience here, namely by researching other search plugins we can use with Vbulletin. If you use other Vbulletin forums that have a better search experience than TGR, please lemme know what they are and if you can tell, what kind of search widget/function they use. Thanks in advance. That'll come after the improved site-wide search as it'll be a project to integrate that into the forums.

2) There's been slightly more spam getting through into the forums, possibly because new registrations through the main site are bypassing some of the forums' spam filters. If it becomes a larger or more persistent issue, we'll bump it up the list of priorities but for now we'll keep zapping them as quickly as we can.

Thanks mags...
    http://www.benzworld.org has a damn good search, even effectively permits 3 or less character searches.

ya, spam is on the rise, hopefully it doesn't go ballistic and shut the site down like happened a few years back...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Every forum has better search functions. THIS forums search didn't suck until the last 'upgrade' several years ago. It could have been reversed immediately when everyone started complaining, but now who the fuck know what is wrong. Should be 'easy' to figure out what happened if you talk to Jed and Dunn and ask them what the did to fuck it up so many years ago.. Macrumors, Fred Miranda, POTN, Bodybuilding.com, etc, etc. All of their searches work just fine with no stupid frills. It isn't rocket science.

it's a minor thing, but you also fixed the messed up 'views' and 'replies'. Used to be a thread would have like 6 replies and 0 views. [scratches head]. Now the views is always higher. Thanks!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Sweet "ADs" bro...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 11.31.21 AM.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	156426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 11.31.47 AM.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	156427  

Understand SOB's..but fwiw..ads are exactly how I like em'! Great response....everything works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Understand SOB's..but fwiw..ads are exactly how I like em'! Great response....everything works for me.
    Don't worry, we're on a steady campaign to de-commercialize the forums by making sure any ad properties show up as a dead link. FREEDOM!!!!

Padded room is working on the app, good job.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Padded room is working on the app, good job.
    Good to hear. We'll be adding a new app in the near future that should bring your mobile experience into at least the 20th century...

Yo mags,

A few newsy web team items to divulge on the forums:

-Page load time has been quickened from about 2 seconds down to 8/10 of a second
    -A new PM notification section has been added to the site's upper navigation that will pop up anytime you have a PM. This will follow you throughout the site.
    -A new text box search bar has been added to the forums. Actual search results/function haven't changed yet, but now you can do a simple search without having to go through all the settings in the Advanced Search section of the site.

Everything looks and works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Theskishuttle View Post
    Everything looks and works great!
    Your biggest criticisms/changes you'd like to see/etc?

The new login page won't prompt you to save your password or save a new updated one if you changed it. It will either be blank or autofill the previously saved password but no way to update. I tried in Chrome and FF on OS X 10.7.5

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Every forum has better search functions. THIS forums search didn't suck until the last 'upgrade' several years ago. It could have been reversed immediately when everyone started complaining, but now who the fuck know what is wrong. Should be 'easy' to figure out what happened if you talk to Jed and Dunn and ask them what the did to fuck it up so many years ago.. Macrumors, Fred Miranda, POTN, Bodybuilding.com, etc, etc. All of their searches work just fine with no stupid frills. It isn't rocket science.
    Wait, you post on bodybuilders.com!?

You owe me a screen wipe as I just had to clean up some coffee.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

How do you think I found out about the misc? The place is hilarious and super sad at the same time. Think of newschoolers but filled with misogynistic homophobic meatheads. It makes you feel good about yourself everytime you read it.

Besides, I needed routine research. Only thing I get here is OMFG Xfit!!!!

-A new PM notification section has been added to the site's upper navigation that will pop up anytime you have a PM. This will follow you throughout the site.
    I'm not seeing this notification at all.

You can only really see it when you get one and it turns orange, if you are using the blue them. Hover over the upper left corner of the black bar at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    You can only really see it when you get one and it turns orange, if you are using the blue them. Hover over the upper left corner of the black bar at the top.
    huh, go figur. I'm using the white skin and don't see shit. May just be me tho---

Hugh Conway Guest
    So, Tye triple posted at 7:13, 7:13 and 8:55

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    So, Tye triple posted at 7:13, 7:13 and 8:55
    crap, should have been in the 'drunk' thread too...