Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NFL = Not for Long!

I dont know what to make of the whole Michael Sam ordeal. How much more publicity can the NFL stand? All thats needed now is some kind of idiot owner to pop off about race relations and we would have the thing covered. Just waiting for the massive implosion at this point. I'll stick with Baseball thanks!

NFL is for shitheads

however, its only getting bigger

i won 300 off superbowl!
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

NFL aint going anywhere, hate to burst your bubble.

Is Michael Sam suffering dementia from head injuries? No? then the NFL will take the publicity.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

spook Guest
    i would be interested to know how many sec defensive players of the year or whatever drop to the 7th or 8th round.

The NFL and NBA are both so classless that I can't even watch.

Any sport where athletes celebrate routine plays (especially when they are getting killed on the scoreboard) like they just won the lottery is complete BS.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i would be interested to know how many sec defensive players of the year or whatever drop to the 7th or 8th round.
    a little background reading

http://grantland.com/features/nfl-dr...am-gay-trades/
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-three-rounds/
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdump View Post
    . . . the whole Michael Sam ordeal.
    The what?

Ones with bad 40 times. 4.91. He also only did 17 reps on the bench and he weighs about 260. Mizzou D was designed for him. Not so the Rams at this point. But if he can play he's now got the chance to prove it. I'm not one who thinks stats and measurables are everything. Lots of guys get their foot in the door thru spc teams and then get coached up. Good luck to him.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

spook Guest
    yeah, but aren't they looking for the best athlete possible by the time they're into the 200s? i have no idea, but it would be interesting to do a year by year comparison. so how many sec dpoy have shitty combine performance? What would be the reaction if he was white, if his boyfriend was white or black?

i would be interested to know...
    It'll will be interesting to see the news media reaction when this faggot's cut. Obama will hold a presser and say something like: "If I had a son who happens to like it up the ass, he'd look just like Michael Sam."
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

^^^ thats a very bigoted statement, even for this shithole
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

How the fuck was this guy even drafted?! He doesn't just suck dick, he sucks as a pro prospect:

Analysis
    Strengths

Good arm length. Anticipates the snap and has a very good initial first step. Plays hard -- gives great effort and competes every down. Good on-field intensity and demeanor. Attacks the edges aggressively and motor runs hot. Outstanding weight-room strength -- can squat a small house. Very durable.

Weaknesses

Lacks burst and acceleration off the edge to get a step on blockers and finish. Sack production results from effort and production flushed to him and is not creatively produced with savvy pass-rush moves, speed, power or bend. Average hip flexibility and snap -- struggles clearing his hips at the top of his rush and trimming the corner. Adequate anchor vs. the run. Is late to disengage from blocks. Does not strike with authority. Inconsistent tackler. Late bloomer who could require time to adapt to the pro game.

Bottom Line

A productive, 4-3 weakside rusher who came on as a senior and it made his last season his best. Could fit most ideally as a 3-4 outside linebacker in a zone-blitzing scheme like the Steelers or Ravens. Compares favorably to Chargers 2009 first-round pick Larry English, an overhyped, overdrafted, marginal producer in the pros.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

yeah, but aren't they looking for the best athlete possible by the time they're into the 200s? i have no idea, but it would be interesting to do a year by year comparison. so how many sec dpoy have shitty combine performance?
    If you read the article I posted, the Big 12 POY this year, and Sam's bookend on the All American team at DE, went undrafted.

As for what they're looking for by the time they're in the 200s, I'm not sure it changes. Some draft on potential, some draft on need, some draft on whatever. While his sexual orientation may have played some small role here, his combine performance ensured that he was not going to get drafted until the late rounds.

There's this other sport called Hockey. It totally keeps you from paying attention to all this off-season NFL bullshit. Just tell me who's on my team the week before the season starts and I'm good.

Its always the ones that decry homosexuality the loudest that end up being on the down-low.

NTTAWWT, Viva.
    In with the 9.

^^^ Yeah, come blow me, sexy.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    It'll will be interesting to see the news media reaction when this faggot's cut. Obama will hold a presser and say something like: "If I had a son who happens to like it up the ass, he'd look just like Michael Sam."
    Going hard in the paint...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Yeah Viva, you might as well come right out and call Sam a nigger too, while you're at it

I can do more bench press reps than he put up and I weigh 60 pounds less than him, even with my beer gut. I might still be faster than him in a dead sprint, even on a knee that is not what it once was. And I'm a 32 year old guy who was never NCAA DI scholarship material. I would get absolutely destroyed in the NFL. Everyone there is some combination of much bigger, much stronger, or much faster than me.

That's why he fell in the draft.

Best of luck to him, though: there have been plenty of low draft picks who have had nice careers.

It's just sublime when a guy catches a foul ball ,jumps up & down, does the MC Hammer dance
    while grabbing his balls & twerking.It's just so.......Vogue.
    Calmer than you dude

I though NFL = No Fucking Lapse [in headlines]

Oprah is going to make a movie on him, so he could easily end up being the best paid rookie; by a significant margin.

Guy is a genius. Being gay is the only reason he had national media attention. Otherwise he was just another player who had a standout senior year, followed by a shit combine result. Now he is a late round pick with enough national media attention to almost insure he gets a spot on the team.
    No one wants to piss off Oprah.

Like the StL FO gives a flying fuck about what the hell Oprah thinks.

Like any late-round pick, gay or straight, it'd be good to see him succeed just for the underdog story, like Brady or Dwight Clark. If he replicates his success at Mizzou on the Big Stage, then more power to him. The NFL is a merciless arbiter of talent, think of all the lauded-in-college high-round draft picks who have slinked off to obscurity once faced with guys who were bigger faster meaner and smarter than anybody they'd ever encountered in Div I.

If he does well, he does well, doesn't matter where he sticks his dick. If not, well c'est la vie, eh.

PS for Shredsalot: I can bench more 225# reps than Jadaveon Clowney, where's my #1 pick? BFD.

I have no doubt the Rams picked him up for the publicity, it makes them seem avant-garde or whatever. And with a 7th round selection, that's almost a throwaway pick - there's obviously no guarantees on making a team in the NFL, but the investment by the teams in the late rounds...it seems to me that a 7th rounder's chances aren't much better than undrafted free agents.

So anyway...Sam signed for a reality TV show yesterday. At a time when every NFL coach is doing anything and everything they can do to keep the league's HBO documentary Hard Knocks out of their locker rooms and training camps, a 7th round draftee who hasn't yet earned the right to be there will have cameras from Oprah's network filming his own reality show? Right. This is going to be a total fucking circus.

It's all about the football, right Sam?