Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Can you fit me in your suitcase and put a hologram of me in my house so my family doesn't notice ?

Hi to the boys! Looking forward to late summer again.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I'll be in Boca Grande on June 8th with this guy:

http://reelintenseinshore.com

and hopefully not with 100 of my good friends. Going on a Wed., so hoping the shit show is at a minimum.
    June is the new May.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    tell them cats highs n hopes ya hook up phats
    the dodge finally gave it up and some banks gettin all my possible salt fundages 4 a whiles in return for a new ride
    but anytime they wanna get there trouts weenies on again lemme knows
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Can you fit me in your suitcase and put a hologram of me in my house so my family doesn't notice ?

Hi to the boys! Looking forward to late summer again.
    The suitcase part I can do! The hologram though I am still madly working on.

I will give everyone your love, and you too Dibs. I will definitely be ready to fish for some trout when I get back. You know, to get the taste of getting my ass kicked out of my mouth.

Snapt it does seem like June is the new May down there. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather Gods cooperate this year.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Lee- you are due for some calm breezes.

We had a pretty weird May this year. Not sure if it affected the Tarpon run, but I know for sure they will be in Boca. Really hoping for a Hammerhead sighting though. Why catch Tarpon, when I can catch what EATS Tarpon.

We had a pretty weird May this year. Not sure if it affected the Tarpon run
    It's my understanding that it did. Wasn't hot enough. And the grass die-off and water releases probably didn't help.

Lee- you are due for some calm breezes.

We had a pretty weird May this year. Not sure if it affected the Tarpon run, but I know for sure they will be in Boca. Really hoping for a Hammerhead sighting though. Why catch Tarpon, when I can catch what EATS Tarpon.
    Knocking on wood but so far the forecast looks really pretty decent. Don't want to jinx it though. It's so fucking weather dependent.
    I have heard the early at her definitely affected the migration but it sounds like they are still moving through. Or at least that's what I am hoping.
    Seeing a big hammerhead or bull attack the fish you have on the line is pretty awesome.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Man, after hearing how tough of a time Roo's had, it is discouraging for me. After seeing Roo's post over the years I can confidently say I am a much worse angler (and photo documenter).

I have a trip with this guy in apalachicola...
    http://www.flaredfish.com/captains.cfm?id=83

I have heard that the elnino year is messing with the poons. I am trying to have a measured approach and not expect too much.

as always thank you guys for your content.
    believe me its real.

Hey Dan, goood luck tomorrow.....if you're still going!

Hopefully Colin hasn't put a complete kibosh on your trip.

I'm still around and kickin' , going to Rays and getting out in the Gulf whenever possible.

Buddy of mine just caught a 10' (no shit!) hammerhead off Bean Point fishing for poons. They are out there.

Peace.
    Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
    and my head in the cool blue North
    - Jimmy Buffet (Nothin' but a breeze)

No go for tomorrow. Postponed to next Wednesday.
    Going out on my boat on Thursday to drop some dead meat overboard under the Skyway, and see what we get. 10' Hammer would be sweet. Not sure my gear will hold up, but the short fight will be fun.

No go for tomorrow. Postponed to next Wednesday.
    Going out on my boat on Thursday to drop some dead meat overboard under the Skyway, and see what we get. 10' Hammer would be sweet. Not sure my gear will hold up, but the short fight will be fun.
    Probably a good call it looks less than stellar out there. Just sitting back at my desk recovering from my most recent tarpon ass kicking.
    As previously stated this shit is so fucking hard, and I too love it.

The boys had the local mermaids meet my at my digs.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465486592.198774.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  320.8 KB

We immediately set out for a little evening run
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465486674.628080.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  312.9 KB

The forecast had gone from awesome to straight up shit in the matter of a few days so we knew our time was limited. So dawn patrol was key
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465486762.498468.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  345.8 KB

One thing about getting my ass kicked down here for the last several years is that my double haul while not dialed is vastly improved
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465486805.121640.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  297.6 KB

Saturday morning was our best run. Jumped 2 tarpon, operator error and a bad knot resulted in neither one getting to the boat. But what a fucking rush.
    Did manage to get this guy in though. Cuda on a fly is a kick in the ass
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465486991.715155.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  424.5 KB

Then this happened
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465487020.047394.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  467.4 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465487046.843689.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  274.8 KB

Which led to 2 days of this
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465487087.137063.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  361.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465487102.571056.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  377.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465487156.431683.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  274.2 KB

Good thing I wasn't there, those last pictures would have been, ummm, different.

Actually, there would be no pictures.

Good thing I wasn't there, those last pictures would have been, ummm, different.

Actually, there would be no pictures.
    There may be a few of those non pictures involved in this trip report.

KW Flu????

KW Flu????
    I'm happy to report there was no self chumming on this trip.

I am not sure if this is appropriate place.. but since were talking Tarpon, I wanted to post an update from my day fishing with Capt. Dave Heinke in Apalachicola, FL for anyone looking to get a tarpon on the forgotten Cost. Dave knows what he is doing, he has dedicated the last 15 years of his life to fly fishing for resident tarpon in this area and if he can get a 5wt slinger like me to land a 90lb tarpon, he is a expert.

we went in the back of the bay where 3 different rivers are dumping into the bay. Just after we got there at about 6:50am the tarpon start rolling, everywhere, hundreds if not thousands of tarpon (and sail cat and gar). my take was on a blind cast , across the river drift. 5 jumps and 35 mins later Dave leadered the fish, then it went for another run and landed on the leader and broke off.

it was the best 35 of my fishing life. I would not hesitate to go back out with this guy, I learned a lot.
    believe me its real.

Bumping this up for another season. Just booked my tickets for a run to the Keys. Warthog I would plan on land locked activities from June 17th to the 24th as the W is sure to howl for a solid week. Underoos you headed down this year?

Yep. Middle of May. Rental car is paid for if anyone wants to sleep in it. Alas, our boat is full.

Hmmm dont tempt me, I am fairly certain I could scrounge up a boat.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Yep. Middle of May. Rental car is paid for if anyone wants to sleep in it. Alas, our boat is full.
    so youre sayin i gots a bed
    any chance theyll tow me and the sup out n back to the fishin?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno