Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    There are 800 mattress mfgs in America and another 150 online “mfgs” (they don’t actually make beds). You can find one you like from virtually all of them and you’ll find ones you hate too. Too many folks think a new bed is a magic elixir.....they aren’t. Keep your expectations in check and lay on a bunch of beds. Shop local and ask about their “comfort return” policy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

beauty rest silver 900 series extra firm is the front runner right now. stopped in at a NW chain at the strip mall on my way home from the Englander dealer. Englander would do the job but the beautyrest was obviously superior. even the next beauty rest down seemed firmer and more consistent throughout. did not get a good vibe from the shop high pressure and I suspect the price was totally high too. gonna check out more beautyrest dealers today

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    beauty rest silver 900 series extra firm is the front runner right now. stopped in at a NW chain at the strip mall on my way home from the Englander dealer. Englander would do the job but the beautyrest was obviously superior. even the next beauty rest down seemed firmer and more consistent throughout. did not get a good vibe from the shop high pressure and I suspect the price was totally high too. gonna check out more beautyrest dealers today
    You are not going to find the same mattress. Or more accurately, you are not going to find the same model name, probably not even one that is the same color. Mattress companies make it hard to comparison shop, so they sell each store the same mattress but with different model names and different color fabric. That's why the mattress stores can all offer deals like "we'll give you all your money back if you find the same mattress at a lower price elsewhere." Because you never will. Fucking assholes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yeah I am certain they do not want me to do any comparison shop at least the strip mall chains for sure. hopefully I'll find something comparable at least and from someone that seems a little less sketch than the strip mall guy. Enlander dealer was this independent shop Woodry's furniture and he was totally no pressure in contrast and the price was good. I will keep that shop in mind if I need a chair or something down the line
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You are not going to find the same mattress. Or more accurately, you are not going to find the same model name, probably not even one that is the same color. Mattress companies make it hard to comparison shop, so they sell each store the same mattress but with different model names and different color fabric. That's why the mattress stores can all offer deals like "we'll give you all your money back if you find the same mattress at a lower price elsewhere." Because you never will. Fucking assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Mattress companies make it hard to comparison shop, so they sell each store the same mattress but with different model names and different color fabric.
    This. The mattress industry is a near total scam.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...attress-stores
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    You could never pay me to buy a mattress at...Costco.....
    Interesting, because: 1) I still absolutely love the Novaform we bought 4-5 years ago; and 2) If I were going to trust anyone to take back a mattress that I had slept on for weeks before deciding that I didn't like it, it's Costco.

You just got to go lay on 'em and like Montanaskier said try to buy from a local furniture store.

That said I did get a killer queen sized Sealey mattress off Craigslist for $300 (with box spring). It was some clearance of the prior year's models being sold out of a rented strip mall store front. Place was a mess of mattresses shoved in every which way but I needed one for a vacation house so I went, layed on a couple and made the purchase. Still have it and it's still a great mattress. Granted it isn't slept on a ton. Who knows how it would have held up to everyday use by a couple but after 12 years it's still going strong.

Here's a site with a lot of information, maybe too much. There's some good food for thought but take it with a grain of salt. I've found my experience with some of the mattresses reviewed does not match (i.e. the mattress I LOVE gets a bad overall rating).

I'm 5'9" 140lbs., sleep single and like to sleep warm which I'm sure makes a difference re: wear & tear and heat retention.

Sleep Like The Dead
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Mattress is ordered. Still need a bed. Probably just a frame and headboard set up. Something minimal without any pointy corners or jagged edges. Thinking risk mitigation from the get go

In conclusion regarding the mattress search nothing beats the long 100 year old plus stores for low low pressure and solid prices. Also despite what the mattress chain guy tried pull it was surprisingly easy to actually comparison shop. Everyone but the mattress chain guy fully disclosed the model names and numbers from the factory and the one guy actually had the exact same beautyrest with the same fabric and everything as the chain guy for way less.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Mattress is ordered. Still need a bed. Probably just a frame and headboard set up. Something minimal without any pointy corners or jagged edges. Thinking risk mitigation from the get go

In conclusion regarding the mattress search nothing beats the long 100 year old plus stores for low low pressure and solid prices. Also despite what the mattress chain guy tried pull it was surprisingly easy to actually comparison shop. Everyone but the mattress chain guy fully disclosed the model names and numbers from the factory and the one guy actually had the exact same beautyrest with the same fabric and everything as the chain guy for way less.
    Got one of these platform beds in a vacation home (and a couple friends also bought the same). Solid wood. Very sturdy. Can use with a box spring or not. Several different bedsteads/colors to choose. Weight cap. 500lbs.

https://www.wayfair.com/brand/bnd/gr...re-b36861.html
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Got one of these platform beds in a vacation home. Solid wood. Very sturdy. Can use with a box spring or not. Several different bedsteads/colors to choose. Weight cap. 500lbs.

https://www.wayfair.com/brand/bnd/gr...re-b36861.html
    Is that static or 'in motion'?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Is that static or 'in motion'?
    Get out of my head. But I used the word 'dynamic' in my thought.

Ol Mike needs to know if it's a good platform for sex. Thats gotta be one of my favorite reviews of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RWS..._=glimp_1rv_cl

"I really like the mattress and I like the way these guys do business. Can't bitch about the price either! On top of that, as it were, it makes for a great sex platform too...and at my age I need a slow comfortable screw!

Mike Sheehan"
    Bummer. The link is busted.

I worked in a mountain gear store for a while. One of the other guys that worked there called on his day off, disguising his voice and got one of the new people on the phone. He asked about inflatable camping mattresses and started going on about how he needed one “that could take a really hard pounding.” And he kept going, raising his voice and telling the poor new woman that “IT HAS TO STAND UP TO A REALLY HARD POUNDING!! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?? IT HAS TO BE ABLE TO TAKE A REAL POUNDING!!” The woman put her hand over the phone and asked the other people working which mattress could take a hard pounding. Incredulous laughing resulted.

I like mattress on a metal frame with a nice headboard. I don't like mattresses surrounded by wood because I'm always banging my shins on them. But I bang my toes, shins, and head on just about everything. So unless you're as clumsy as I am I guess there's nothing wrong with a wood frame.

Must have a foundation or platform type bed with proper support.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

what's up guys,
    I kinda dont wanna make a new thread about it, but I'm in search of a mattress rn. My budget is around $500-600, and I'm looking for a queen size one.
    Bumped into this article but I don't know any brand from the list. Anyway it's probably some amazon bullshit which im not gonna purchase online. Still, I'd like to look for a good one first, and then go to the store and try it, so I save my time at the store.
    Any good options for a Q-mattress $500-600 in 2021? Or should I look for those mentioned before?

Also, is it a good idea to look for a second-hand mattress?

Quote Originally Posted by LiamW View Post
    what's up guys,
    I kinda dont wanna make a new thread about it, but I'm in search of a mattress rn. My budget is around $500-600, and I'm looking for a queen size one.
    Bumped into this article but I don't know any brand from the list. Anyway it's probably some amazon bullshit which im not gonna purchase online. Still, I'd like to look for a good one first, and then go to the store and try it, so I save my time at the store.
    Any good options for a Q-mattress $500-600 in 2021? Or should I look for those mentioned before?

Try the outlet stores if you have a truck. Last time bought a new mattress I went in the big stores figured out what I wanted. Then kept searching the Sears outlet stores. After about a week the one I wanted showed up. Out the door for 1/3 the cheapest price for retail. I got a pretty new 1100 dollar mattress for 410.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by LiamW View Post
    what's up guys,

Look for sales and skip th3 box spring that will save you $100. I got a Sealey mattress for a platform bed for $400 that wasn't too bad (guest bed).

Also if you live in a big city check Craig's list. I purchased a Simmons mattress & box spring for $300 in Seattle. It was new and there were many to choose from. Some store was dumping old models or maybe someone had bought the lot to turn a quick buck (mattresses were being sold out of a strip mall and it seemed apparent they had rented the space just to move the mattresses as they were pilled every which way).

In any case it's a great mattress.

Probably unobtainable objective: locate a queen split adjustable frame. Can't fit a king into our current sleeping room, nor will two adjustable twins squeeze in. Custom made doesn't appeal.

Do not recommend a second hand mattress.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Look for sales and skip th3 box spring that will save you $100. I got a Sealey mattress for a platform bed for $400 that wasn't too bad (guest bed).

Also if you live in a big city check Craig's list. I purchased a Simmons mattress & box spring for $300 in Seattle. It was new and there were many to choose from. Some store was dumping old models or maybe someone had bought the lot to turn a quick buck (mattresses were being sold out of a strip mall and it seemed apparent they had rented the space just to move the mattresses as they were pilled every which way).

In any case it's a great mattress.
    If you live in a larger metro area look on Craigslist for agents that sell used memory foam mattresses for $3-600. Most of the better on-line mfg's offer money back guarantee and rather than ship them back have agents resell them heavily discounted. If you can get over buying a used mattress you can save quite a bit on a decent memory foam.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Do not recommend a second hand mattress.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    If you can get over buying a used mattress you can save quite a bit...
    That didn't take long

Has anyone tried this brand? https://www.dreamcloudsleep.com Price seems great if the reviews are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Has anyone tried this brand? https://www.dreamcloudsleep.com Price seems great if the reviews are correct.
    Been considering this. 365 day return I believe so hard to resist. Gets good "reviews"

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app