Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Hey all, bumping this back to the top.

My gf and I are looking to get a queen mattress. She sleeps cold, I sleep hot. Looking to keep it under $1,000, possibly under $500.

Browsing the last few pages of this thread it looks like Novaform Serafina - especially from Costco - is the leading contender. Also saw solid feedback on Avocado, Loom & Leaf, and Tuft & Needle. Anything else to consider? Any thoughts on the Zinus Memory foam from AMZ (https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Memory-...p/B00Q7EPSHI)? I've had a few friends say they love it.

Appreciate all the wisdom in this thread!
    I bought this about 1.5 years ago and its been great!! cheap enough to where if it only last 5-10 years im not out much.. I haven't noticed any sagging or permanent dents in it and I'm a fat fuck (240#) so its held up pretty well...

We tried a Zinus and hated it. My wife's friends all raved about it. I'm fatter than you. I'm a side sleeper and it hurt my hips.

anybody rock a traditional old school 8" (or thicker) cotton/fabric futon? I loved mine when I was younger. Provided support and no springs so lasted.

Cmon....tell me someone loves these still? I hate my memory foam.

I got a Helix two weeks ago. So far, so good.

Love my purple 4. Took a while to get used to the way it sleeps, cuz it's really dead and likes you to not move around too much, but once I did I noticed a significant increase in the quality and quantity of sleep.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Would anyone ditch a mattress just because it's old? We have this tempurpedic, it's still comfortable as shit and doesn't seem worn at all but the fucker is at least 15 years old, maybe more like 17-18 and that's starting to seem a little sketchy and gross. what say yez?

cruiser I don't see a model 4 for purple, are you talking about the Hybrid Premier with the 4" purple layer? https://purple.com/mattresses/hybrid-premier

Why get rid of a mattress that's still comfy? What's gross or sketchy about sleeping on a 17 year old mattress that's somehow not gross or sketchy when it's 10 years old?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Why get rid of a mattress that's still comfy? What's gross or sketchy about sleeping on a 17 year old mattress that's somehow not gross or sketchy when it's 10 years old?
    Well said, counselor.

The aggregation over time of various dried bits and juices from the humans that keep using it. Human detritus accumulation is inevitable.....

Iceman, yup that's the one. Talk about a heavy mattress. It's gotta be like 200#. The guy that carried it into the house looked like the battle axe wielding bearded dwarf in the Lord of the rings. Dude was stout. But I digress...

And surely you've been using a mattress protector on your old tempurpedic, right? I mean, what kind of person leaves their master bedroom mattress unprotected? Celibate people, perhaps. Don't mean to get too personal, ice, but you're not celibate. Are you?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Ice, baby, ice, you won the lottery. If it wigs you out that much get a new mattress protector. I can't find a comfortable mattress. You have one that works. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    The aggregation over time of various dried bits and juices from the humans that keep using it. Human detritus accumulation is inevitable.....
    This is where i was coming from, but we do have a cover thing on it that's not that old...well it's not new. I guess I'll just get another one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is where i was coming from, but we do have a cover thing on it that's not that old...well it's not new. I guess I'll just get another one of those.
    Ding ding ding. We have a weiner.

Or just wash it on a regular basis if it too looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

If you want to keep your mattress clean use a mattress protector (you can get either one that stretches over the corners or a full encasement) and a mattress pad. Wash the mattress pad weekly when you wash your sheets and you'll be golden. If you want to make it easier on yourself get two mattress pads so you can rotate them and not have to worry about getting it dry in time to make your bed.

Another option is to use a sheepskin cover - those are oh so nice and will keep your mattress clean though they are hard to clean. The only issue I ever had with the sheepskin was the backing rubbing off on the mattress. Probably should have had a mattress protector under the sheepskin but they weren't really a thing back in those days.

FYI: Your fitted sheet isn't keeping that much junk from reaching your mattress pad.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I need a new mattress

Of course Benny started this thread, anyone who posted anything about mattresses, yep go ahead.
    Dick Punches all around!
    The fuck is this shit?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If you want to keep your mattress clean use a mattress protector (you can get either one that stretches over the corners or a full encasement) and a mattress pad. Wash the mattress pad weekly when you wash your sheets and you'll be golden. If you want to make it easier on yourself get two mattress pads so you can rotate them and not have to worry about getting it dry in time to make your bed.

Another option is to use a sheepskin cover - those are oh so nice and will keep your mattress clean though they are hard to clean. The only issue I ever had with the sheepskin was the backing rubbing off on the mattress. Probably should have had a mattress protector under the sheepskin but they weren't really a thing back in those days.

FYI: Your fitted sheet isn't keeping that much junk from reaching your mattress pad.
    Heh. You said golden and sheets in the same sentence.

Just watched a show about people being addicted to being furniture. Chick got turned into a mattress. Literally

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Just watched a show about people being addicted to being furniture. Chick got turned into a mattress. Literally
    I sometimes fantasize about making love to a nice recliner. Is that weird?

I've always found love seats attractive myself.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Of course Benny started this thread, anyone who posted anything about mattresses, yep go ahead.
    Dick Punches all around!
    The fuck is this shit?
    Agreed, and for once, DON'T BUY THE RED ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Don't mean to get too personal, ice, but you're not celibate. Are you?

Ice creams in jeans?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    I bought this about 1.5 years ago and its been great!! cheap enough to where if it only last 5-10 years im not out much.. I haven't noticed any sagging or permanent dents in it and I'm a fat fuck (240#) so its held up pretty well...
    Though we didn’t buy a Zinus, I’m concerned that we would have the same frustrations: the memory foam in it will probably be too hot. I can’t stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Iceman, yup that's the one. Talk about a heavy mattress. It's gotta be like 200#. The guy that carried it into the house looked like the battle axe wielding bearded dwarf in the Lord of the rings. Dude was stout. But I digress...
    Cruiser, how did you decide on the Purple 4" vs. the other Purples? How is the temp on the Purple 4? Would love to be closer to the Purple Mattress ($650) pricepoint but am concerned it will be a bit too warm and I assume that's the selling point on the Purple 4.

Hey all, bumping this back to the top.

My gf and I are looking to get a queen mattress. She sleeps cold, I sleep hot. Looking to keep it under $1,000, possibly under $500.

Browsing the last few pages of this thread it looks like Novaform Serafina - especially from Costco - is the leading contender. Also saw solid feedback on Avocado, Loom & Leaf, and Tuft & Needle. Anything else to consider? Any thoughts on the Zinus Memory foam from AMZ (https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Memory-...p/B00Q7EPSHI)? I've had a few friends say they love it.

Appreciate all the wisdom in this thread!
    Welp, bump. My gf and I bought a Allswell Luxe Hybrid for Black Friday and…it’s not our favorite. The the memory foam in it makes us both pretty hot. We'll probably be returning it in the next two weeks.

Anyone recommend a more "normal" mattress? Possibly a spring mattress without memory foam? The Purple 4” that Cruiser has sounds great but is probably too expensive. Any other more ‘basic’ mattresses I should be investigating? Maybe something in a local store?

Though we didn’t buy a Zinus, I’m concerned that we would have the same frustrations: the memory foam in it will probably be too hot. I can’t stand it.

How is the temp on the Purple 4?

The the memory foam in it makes us both pretty hot.

Maybe try changing to these sheets? Sheex Cooling & Moisture Wicking Sheets
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism