Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Been considering a sleep number. Followed this thread on and off but am totally not digging through. Any new sleep number testimonials? They ain't cheap. Feel good though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Saatva is a good call for a traditional mattress. Not Uber cheap, but not expensive

Used to have temperpedic. Good for sleep but sucks for fucking.

Gimme some spring rebound
    . . .

I need a new mattress

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Though we didn’t buy a Zinus, I’m concerned that we would have the same frustrations: the memory foam in it will probably be too hot. I can’t stand it.

Cruiser, how did you decide on the Purple 4" vs. the other Purples? How is the temp on the Purple 4? Would love to be closer to the Purple Mattress ($650) pricepoint but am concerned it will be a bit too warm and I assume that's the selling point on the Purple 4.

Welp, bump. My gf and I bought a Allswell Luxe Hybrid for Black Friday and…it’s not our favorite. The the memory foam in it makes us both pretty hot. We'll probably be returning it in the next two weeks.

Anyone recommend a more "normal" mattress? Possibly a spring mattress without memory foam? The Purple 4” that Cruiser has sounds great but is probably too expensive. Any other more ‘basic’ mattresses I should be investigating? Maybe something in a local store?
    I have a beauty rest black memory foam and a beauty rest black plush pillow top. I prefer the pillow top. It’s cooler and I like the support over the long haul. I like the memory foam for a change up.

You can’t can’t cheap out on a pillow top though.

Something like this

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/s...tegoryID=25956

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I have a beauty rest black memory foam and a beauty rest black plush pillow top. I prefer the pillow top. It’s cooler and I like the support over the long haul. I like the memory foam for a change up.

You can’t can’t cheap out on a pillow top though.

Something like this

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/s...tegoryID=25956
    8 years in and I still love my Beautyrest Black. It was called a "luxury firm" when I bought it - middle mattress out of 5 styles. At the time in 2012 I paid $1200. So comfy!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

When we moved to our new house, we got a king size bed since we finally had a bedroom big enough for something more than a queen. Went with a Purple to start (I think it was the 2?), and didn't even get through the 60 Night Sleep Guarantee. Way too warm, and as someone mentioned before, it doesn't want you to move. Traded it in on a Serta iComfort Blue Max Plush. LOVED it...at first. Now we both have low back issues. Just bought a Kingsdown coil mattress , which I REALLY hope is our answer now. Between the two mattresses, we're in almost $5K, and that doesn't count the medical and PT bills. Meanwhile, I've been sleeping on our 15 year old Beautyrest Silver coil mattress, and my back feels better than it has in a while - not GOOD, but better. Go figure...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Meanwhile, I've been sleeping on our 15 year old Beautyrest Silver coil mattress, and my back feels better than it has in a while - not GOOD, but better. Go figure...
    At this point you may need to add some yoga to your life if you aren't already. I'm guessing you're not in your 20s anymore so there is the getting older thing to add into the mix. New mattress and yoga fixed my back right up.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I sleep on my side and if I don't keep a small pillow between my knees I end up with my legs/hip on their side and my upper body twisted to lie flat. Instant f$$ked up back, but if I use the little pillow, its all good as I stay on my side. Maybe try it if your a side sleeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    When we moved to our new house, we got a king size bed since we finally had a bedroom big enough for something more than a queen. Went with a Purple to start (I think it was the 2?), and didn't even get through the 60 Night Sleep Guarantee. Way too warm, and as someone mentioned before, it doesn't want you to move. Traded it in on a Serta iComfort Blue Max Plush. LOVED it...at first. Now we both have low back issues. Just bought a Kingsdown coil mattress , which I REALLY hope is our answer now. Between the two mattresses, we're in almost $5K, and that doesn't count the medical and PT bills. Meanwhile, I've been sleeping on our 15 year old Beautyrest Silver coil mattress, and my back feels better than it has in a while - not GOOD, but better. Go figure...
    have an icomfort, loved at first too, now same, lower back issues and shit sleep.

Ugh...worst things to purchase ever...

We picked up a Nora foam mattress from Wayfair for the spare bedroom, around $500 I think. I've moved it to my room and have been sleeping on it for a few months, I'm not a super picky mattress guy but it seems pretty good.

4th year on our Loom & Leaf (by Saatva) and we love it. But, hey, mattress preference is a subjective thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    But, hey, mattress preference is a subjective thing.
    Definitely, but honestly, mattress comfort/type is probably ranked somewhere in the bottom 20 percent of shit that effects my sleep.

I think buying a mattress is worse than buying a car. At least with a car you know what motor you get.

Everything is a secret, they should tell you what's in it. Exactly whats in it?
    Core foam or coils. What kind are they?
    What kind of foam, how think what density?
    How many layers are there?

Sleep number sucks, its overpriced junk.

We tried a zinus. Hated it. Ive slept on concrete that was softer.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I think buying a mattress is worse than buying a car. At least with a car you know what motor you get.

Everything is a secret, they should tell you what's in it. Exactly whats in it?
    Core foam or coils. What kind are they?
    What kind of foam, how think what density?
    How many layers are there?
    You can't handle the truth.

"cooling" is the new hotness in mattress sales. yes I did do that
    but in all seriousness that is where the higher end sales have been- in cooling models. so don't be cheap MF'ers with all these crap amazon brands and throw down if that's what you are looking for. you spend what % of your time on this thing?? yep that much
    I think Tempur-pedic's cooling model is the "breeze" line
    no idea how well it works but I learned all about mattresses doing some research for work in the past yr

I would have thought Purple's mattresses wd have been less heat trapping though given the open grid structure of how they manufacture the mattress but sounds like not
    skid luxury

Again:

Sleep Like The Dead

some good information on the above site but .... I've not experienced the issues listed for the Beautyrest Black (Simmons). I've had the bed for 8 years and have not experience any sag. There is just me sleeping in the bed and I'm 145lbs. Also, I like to sleep warm so I can't say if there is a heat retention issue only that I'm comfortable temp wise.
    Last edited by KQ; 01-29-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    At this point you may need to add some yoga to your life if you aren't already. I'm guessing you're not in your 20s anymore so there is the getting older thing to add into the mix. New mattress and yoga fixed my back right up.
    Barely in my 40’s any more... Yeah, making some life changes in a few areas, and just trying to live a bit healthier, exercise regularly and all that. Flexibility is a part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I sleep on my side and if I don't keep a small pillow between my knees I end up with my legs/hip on their side and my upper body twisted to lie flat. Instant f$$ked up back, but if I use the little pillow, its all good as I stay on my side. Maybe try it if your a side sleeper.
    My PT recommended that too. I’m gonna need to get on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    have an icomfort, loved at first too, now same, lower back issues and shit sleep.

Ugh...worst things to purchase ever...
    Yeah, not one of my better investments. Maybe if I was 50# lighter and 20 years younger I guess. We were really oversold on this thing though. Super disappointed. Feels like a put a match to a $2000 check...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Something I did when I bought my last mattress was to try the mattress several times over the period of a week or so. I brought my own pillow and settled in rolling around and really getting a feel for the mattress. After I found myself gravitating to the same mattress time and time again I knew it was the one for me.

One thing, the salesman told me when I got my new mattress to walk on it to help break it in as what I was getting would not be as broken in as the one I had been trying. Sure enough, the first night was a big disappointment. The mattress was much firmer and because of that it was cold. I hadn't heeded the salesman's advice because I worried about encouraging sagging. After the first night I gave it a good walk. That and time have turned it into a comfortable mattress like the one I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I've always found love seats attractive myself.
    Got a couple of couches, sleep on the loveseat.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Someone keeps saying
    I'm insane to complain
    About a shotgun wedding
    And a stain on my shirt

I approve.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Something I did when I bought my last mattress was to try the mattress several times over the period of a week or so. I brought my own pillow and settled in rolling around and really getting a feel for the mattress. After I found myself gravitating to the same mattress time and time again I knew it was the one for me.

One thing, the salesman told me when I got my new mattress to walk on it to help break it in as what I was getting would not be as broken in as the one I had been trying. Sure enough, the first night was a big disappointment. The mattress was much firmer and because of that it was cold. I hadn't heeded the salesman's advice because I worried about encouraging sagging. After the first night I gave it a good walk. That and time have turned it into a comfortable mattress like the one I tried.
    If walking on a mattress for 5 minutes changes the feel, its most likely crappy urethane foam and won't hold me up after a year or two.

Loveseat needs three or four pillows
    Short sonofabitch

Only thing worse is a short couch. Three ass pads, but not long enough to sleep on
    . . .

Our coach is super comfy to sleep on. Maya is passed out beside me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171210_181809_001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	313157
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Maybe try changing to these sheets? Sheex Cooling & Moisture Wicking Sheets
    Thanks, KQ! We might look at those anyway, but we definitely need a cooler mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Saatva is a good call for a traditional mattress. Not Uber cheap, but not expensive

Used to have temperpedic. Good for sleep but sucks for fucking.

Gimme some spring rebound
    Thanks, Core Shot - will definitely check out Saatva.

Also, the WSJ has a great podcast on the Casper IPO and the mattress industry, especially all of these direct to consumer brands (Purple, Zinus, Tuft and Needle, etc.): https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/the-jou...3-74d8615a2de2