Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I need a new mattress

What's good? Traditional Sealy or whatever, or is there a new type of mattress I haven't tried?
    I could spend 1500+. Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's good? Traditional Sealy or whatever, or is there a new type of mattress I haven't tried?
    I could spend 1500+. Queen.

somewhere on this board is a very large thread dedicated to this very subject. If I recall correctly there is a maggot here who sells (or did sell) mattresses. His recommendation, and mine, is a Beautyrest. I got the Camille year before last and love it.
    Last edited by KQ; 05-02-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Search............................................ ...........I also heard there is a great mattress shop in West Rutland VT, they are waiting for ewe with needles ready.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

TempurPedic.
    You'll just need to put extra pillows under her butt or stomach to really hit it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Here you go - 2nd page towards the top. Poster with the knowledge is Montanaskier but there is a lot of good advice from everyone

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...light=mattress

Awesome.....

$1500 for a mattress is one-percenter territory Benny. will you be able to sleep knowing that the masses have less comfort?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Have you thought about shredding your cash (for security - you can always tape them together again later to recover the $) and stuffing it in a sack to sleep on? Much safer than investing you know.

paging montanaskier to the white courtesy phone.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

1500? are you that much of a princess ?

I supose YMMV but I spent the money on skis/bikes kayaks and continued to sleep on the futon from the family room that I was thrown out with for many years
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bought a cloud supreme 4 years ago. Love it. Wish i could bring it back and forth to the fire station...Shit beds here...
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I supose YMMV but I spent the money on skis/bikes kayaks and continued to sleep on the futon from the family room that I was thrown out with for many years
    I use my mattress for 8 hours a day every day. Even if you ski bell-to-bell 100 days a year you're never going to rack up the same hours. Fuck yeah a good mattress is worth every bit as much as a good pair of skis w/binders, and will last you longer... and works for 2 people.

$1500 is cheap by comparison.

We also went with a firm beauty rest thanks to that thread. I love my bed. Pro-tip: invest in good pillows & sheets too.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

You Sir have a back of steel. I know ppl like you - they can sleep on anything. Me, I'm not so lucky. Slept on a crap mattress for years. It wasn't so much a mattress as a cruel joke. Got to the point that I dreaded going to bed at night and woke up with a backache every day so after reading through the above linked thread I spent the better part of a week trying out mattresses at the local store (in Oregon - no tax baby!) and finally decided on the Beautyrest. In the end I spent $1200 and I'm glad I did. As I said.. I'm not as lucky as you.

Futon, double thick straight cotton on the floor is the way to go for us.

Yeah it's totally prol, but it gives excellent back support.

When I have to do hotels, that's when I wake with ache.

I force the 10s of ski zealots that stay with us every year to follow suit.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Futon, double thick straight cotton on the floor is the way to go for us.

Yeah it's totally prol, but it gives excellent back support.

When I have to do hotels, that's when I wake with ache.

I force the 10s of ski zealots that stay with us every year to follow suit.
    I slept on futons for 2 decades before I got married... then the wife said "NEIN." I insisted on as firm as possible mattress - no pillow top BS. We found our commonality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I slept on futons for 2 decades before I got married... then the wife said "NEIN." I insisted on as firm as possible mattress - no pillow top BS. We found our commonality.
    [slow pitch] obvious she doesn't insist on as firm as possible [/slowpitch]
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm in your camp, XXX-er. If it wasn't for the ladies in my life, I'd still be on a thin sleeping mat on the floor. My wife has been longing for a more plush mattress than our current futon; we'll easily spend 1500+ to make her and I both happy. Probably end up with two twins on a single frame/boxspring so that we each get the mattress we prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    I'm in your camp, XXX-er. If it wasn't for the ladies in my life, I'd still be on a thin sleeping mat on the floor. My wife has been longing for a more plush mattress than our current futon; we'll easily spend 1500+ to make her and I both happy. Probably end up with two twins on a single frame/boxspring so that we each get the mattress we prefer.
    Sleep number! Just ask Lindsay Wagner.

I now have a real mattress cuz when junior moved out to get married he wanted a new bed, I inherited his cast-off and I donated the futon to the research center
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    TempurPedic.
    You'll just need to put extra pillows under her butt or stomach to really hit it.
    This. Be warned, it is much much harder to sleep anywhere else once you own a tempurdic. Nothing feels quite like it.

And if you need to sneak out or stumble in during the night, you wont wake anyone else in there.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I was in this position a few months ago and I've been really happy with my latex mattress so far. The beautyrest was my other choice, but opted for the latex mostly for durability - no sag. Good mix of comfort and support without getting the sinking/molding feel of memory foam.

I once worked with this Korean nurse and her husband bought her a Duxiana mattress set, it was like $10,000. She was probably worth it though.

Paging rontele to the courtesy phone.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I use my mattress for 8 hours a day every day. Even if you ski bell-to-bell 100 days a year you're never going to rack up the same hours. Fuck yeah a good mattress is worth every bit as much as a good pair of skis w/binders, and will last you longer... and works for 2 people.

$1500 is cheap by comparison.

We also went with a firm beauty rest thanks to that thread. I love my bed. Pro-tip: invest in good pillows & sheets too.
    This. It's one third of your life, and it's your fun platform, too.

Just watched a video on the cloud supreme. Sounds interesting, but even more than my princess budget, and I don't like the heavy and unwieldy "box", or platform underneath. I'll try it anyway.

Try a sleep number, i luv mine.
    Soft or firm when i need it plus there is trampoline sex mode.

Not really but it sounds kewl.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes