Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Alrighty then, I'm sold - Saatva it is.

May be rolling over to the whine about your wife thread, however.

Fingers crossed.

I am the picky one, but when I saw the girls(Wife, daughter) just curl up into the mattress, I figured it was good.
    Also, Zero smell, ZERO. I like that they set everything up for you too, nice touch.
    The wife is supposed to be out of town tonight, but she is trying to cancel, so she can sleep it up

I need a new mattress

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I must say that I am sleeping great on the new latex/spring hybrid Saavta mattress. For years I have bitched here about my insomnia. I finally dialed in the correct dosage of THC/sleepy time tinctures and combined with the new mattress, I am out for 7-8 hours a night. Hallelujah! I honestly hate getting out of bed, it is so damn comfortable. Firm support, but still forgiving when you lie on it. I am a side sleeper and could not more highly recommend it.
    Glad to hear, liv2ski! FYI, I’m just starting to learn about glycine as a sleep assist from Dantheman. I haven’t tried yet, but in case it’s helpful.

BP, or others, I will likely be selling my Saatva split king - two twin XLs - soon due to a relationship change. (They’re still very comfy). If anyone in the Front Range is interested, lmk. Less than 6 months use.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$2000 Saatva vs $550 Lucid both hybrid latex, very similar construction. What’s the benefit of going with the Saatva? Slightly higher quality latex (although the Saatva site doesn’t out and call it Talalay latex).

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    $2000 Saatva vs $550 Lucid both hybrid latex, very similar construction. What’s the benefit of going with the Saatva? Slightly higher quality latex (although the Saatva site doesn’t out and call it Talalay latex).
    A Saatva is a real mattress, not a thick slab of foam. They’re basically the same as premium mattresses from Sealy, Simmons etc. They’re not folded up and compressed in a box. They have pocket coils, foam and cotton on top. I can’t tell the difference from a Beautyrest Black, in comfort or quality of construction.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    A Saatva is a real mattress, not a thick slab of foam. They’re basically the same as premium mattresses from Sealy, Simmons etc. They’re not folded up and compressed in a box. They have pocket coils, foam and cotton on top. I can’t tell the difference from a Beautyrest Black, in comfort or quality of construction.
    ]
    The Lucid is a 12” (vs 13” Saatva) hybrid coil mattress with 2” latex layer (3” on Saatva) not an all-foam bed in a box.

Name:  IMG_2926.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  53.5 KB

Saatva
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Saatva
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Saatva
    Saatva
    Saatva
    In general I prefer a nice Indica before bedtime, but looks like you guys are getting good results from Sativa.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I would of paid more for 5" rather than 3" of latex, as I think that component is very important in the mattress. Only 2" seems pretty thin to me, but 3" works, so who knows. If your light, try it. I am heavy, so more is good. Look at Avocado also, as I think they look similar to the Saavta latex hybrid on paper for a few bucks less, last time I looked.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My daughter needs a "bed in a box" on short notice in Fredericton. What internet brands are available in Canada and have quick shipping? It needs to be inexpensive.

Go to Costco or look on Amazon
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Go to Costco or look on Amazon
    Ya, I'm looking for brand reccs.

I need a new mattress

The Lucid is a 12” (vs 13” Saatva) hybrid coil mattress with 2” latex layer (3” on Saatva) not an all-foam bed in a box.

Name:  IMG_2926.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  53.5 KB
    My bad, I just read on the website how it’s compressed and rolled up for delivery. Maybe it’s because Saatva is US made?
    The higher price I mean

Last edited by MagnificentUnicorn; 08-01-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Hard for me to imagine spring coils compressed and rolled up for delivery, but I am no expert on this for surz

I need a new mattress

I finally received my mattress today that I ordered at the end of May. Hallelujah!
    to be fair the mattress arrived in the shop 2 wks ago or so but we were still waiting on the box springs and I didn’t want to pay for 2 deliveries.
    I can’t wait for my unadulterated star fishing!
    One peculiar thing is that I picked up some new King sized sheets and I didn’t realize they came with King size pillow cases, which seem to be the double length of regular pillows. Is that typical?
    ….they were from TJMaxx though so maybe that was it
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I finally received my mattress today that I ordered at the end of May. Hallelujah!
    to be fair the mattress arrived in the shop 2 wks ago or so but we were still waiting on the box springs and I didn’t want to pay for 2 deliveries.
    I can’t wait for my unadulterated star fishing!
    One peculiar thing is that I picked up some new King sized sheets and I didn’t realize they came with King size pillow cases, which seem to be the double length of regular pillows. Is that typical?
    ….they were from TJMaxx though so maybe that was it
    king pillows are longer, but not double

word.
    …..maybe I should get more pillows?

(triggers everyone in the “I love my wife, but” thread)
    skid luxury

word.

Don't ever change.

I haven't read this thread much. But for those of you mattress shopping, the wife and I tried them all. Purple, Saatva, etc., 5 different mattresses in a year and a half. It sucked but all the companies had easy return/refund policies and other than losing some sleep we got refunded 100%. Most of the mattresses were great right out of the box. It usually started to suck 3 to 4 months in, most were ready for the garbage by 6 months. We ended up with a pimp ass Stearns and Foster that I will sleep on the rest of my life.

word.

perfect

but yes, the king sets come with king size pillow sheets. Pretty annoying if you use regular size pillows. I have cut them and made them shorter. But not always
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

I need a new mattress

someone likes the new mattress
    but it’s a bit higher than the old bed and he totally whiffed on his first attempt to jump up
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3364.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	384330

thanks for the info about the king pillows too. kind of a bummer that all king sets some that way but I guess I have plenty of extra normal size cases
    skid luxury

It took us a couple years to break down and buy a couple king sized pillows but it’s worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I haven't read this thread much. But for those of you mattress shopping, the wife and I tried them all. Purple, Saatva, etc., 5 different mattresses in a year and a half. It sucked but all the companies had easy return/refund policies and other than losing some sleep we got refunded 100%. Most of the mattresses were great right out of the box. It usually started to suck 3 to 4 months in, most were ready for the garbage by 6 months. We ended up with a pimp ass Stearns and Foster that I will sleep on the rest of my life.
    I've had a Simmons Exceptionale Pillow Top for a while. Tried lots of others and nothing close for me. Similar to the S&F

https://www.mattressfirm.com/beautyr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

So many people think. New bed is a magic pill that is going to cure all issues, that’s unrealistic. Beds aren’t perfect but new beds are pretty incredible at putting you in a better position to sleep better. I also see all the time people getting support and comfort mixed up. They are different things, get the bed that is most comfortable and keep your expectations in check.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

the decision to get separate twin duvets when we got a king mattress was huge for us
    (only downside is that you have to separately purchase the king matching pillow cases separately from the duvet covers)

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Damn, I hope our Saavta doesn't break down as fast as you experienced. Our previous mattress was a Sterns & Foster that we had for about 17 years. I thought it was pretty good still until I slept on the new one. I should have got rid of it after 10 years.