Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I love my tempurpedic as I said earlier but their prices are pretty insane. You can spend $7500 on a Queen mattress! (which probably contains like $1.29 worth of foam). come on man.
    I'm with you on that one, but, you guys seem to be telling me it's worth it.

I love my tempurpedic as I said earlier but their prices are pretty insane. You can spend $7500 on a Queen mattress! (which probably contains like $1.29 worth of foam). come on man.

Did you get the adjustable frame? That seems like a must - I have to admit I came *this close* to buying one. When I replace the mattress I have now I will get a Tempurpedic of course I'll be 102 by then so I def. be needing it.

That adjustable thing was a little over the top. Maybe when I'm 72. Walker at the ready.

Anybody hear of this: http://saatvamattress.com ?

Online only. Very fair price.

Yeah but do they ship it to you in a box?

KQ: Ha, that's why I love it actually - the whole keeping you still part. I'm a VERY restless sleeper, one girl put it "do you fight demons in your sleep?".

I still shift around just fine but can hunker down once I'm comfortable and that's where I feel I get the best sleep. I guess part of it is being used to it but away from home I sleep like shit and can't wait to get back to it.

Oh and to the price point, my friend just bought a brand new one on ebay from some bankruptcy liquidation guy who goes around and buys up shit at auction. Full warranty and all, not that you need it. Said he got it at about a 30% discount which is pretty damn nice.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be combined with the "old fucks need to go to sleep" thread?
    For sure. These tired old fucks can't even make their own decisions anymore.

Find a mattress enthusiast forum you bums.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Didn't read the thread but my $0.02 is DO NOT get a SelectComfort bed. $4000 of wasted nonsense; that thing blows. Replaced it with a much much cheaper firm Sealy and couldn't be happier.
    I still call it The Jake.

I rock the Tempur-pedic knock off. Pimp shit!! www.bergad.com

https://www.tuftandneedle.com

Made in AZ, no flame retardants or off gassing chemicals. The lady looked online for months and this was the greenest mattress we could afford. Put one on a simple frame and love it. Bought another for our day bed in the living room and it is going swell.

Yeah but do they ship it to you in a box?
    Nope, delivery and setup and 35 bucks to take the old mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Anybody hear of this: http://saatvamattress.com ?

Online only. Very fair price.
    I want to hear from anyone who has tried these. Very tempting. Except I am in the market for a King sized. $1930 when all is said and done. The queen is $1462 including everything.

btw - I mentioned this in some other thread but whatever - my buddy who is an exterminator says never get a mattress delivered - just go get it - but if there's no way around it make sure that it's in a plastic bag with no holes in it. A main reason that people get rid of mattresses is bedbugs. The delivery guys take the old, infested mattress out of the house and put it in the truck with all the brand-new mattresses and then drive around for hours with them together in the back of the truck. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post

Made in AZ, no flame retardants or off gassing chemicals. The lady looked online for months and this was the greenest mattress we could afford. Put one on a simple frame and love it. Bought another for our day bed in the living room and it is going swell.
    This is tempting. Anyone else tried these?

Yeah, I'm very interested in the 10 as well.

I dunno, I think I'd hold out for the 15, maybe 20.

I couldn't exactly figure out what it is, is it memory foam?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I slept on uncomfortable mattresses for years. I would wake up with a sore back and found myself popping Advil on a regular basis. A couple years ago I had enough and finally decided to gen a good mattress. After looking a bunch of mattresses from memory foam to box spring to laytex to air I ended up getting the Tempurpedic Allura and love it. It is worth the money.

I dunno, I think I'd hold out for the 15, maybe 20.
    Wouldn't want to feel the pea, eh?

no I just figured five more must be better.

We have a Tempurpedic, love it. We went with one of the firmer models, if I have a twang in my lower back from overdoing it, it's usually gone in the AM after a good night's sleep. One minor downside: we turn the thermostat in our house down to 50' when we head to VT. Upon return, the mattress is feels like clay until it warms up.
    Silent....but shredly.

Bump for holiday mattress sales. Was thinking bout putting a bed in the spare bedroom now vacated. Happened to be doing laundry to attempt to remove stains from ex on the regular mattress cover. Walked down to the Sleepys and ended up with an all natural hypo allergenic Carolina Airgel model. Very nice and a good price with free delivery and metal bed frame.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post

Indee , interesting And inexpensive. Anyone ante up for this?

I need a mattress for a guest room with access only by a tight winding staircase, been wondering how the fuck I was gonna get one up there, the way they "compress ship" those looks like it might be just the ticket. report back when you get it please. thanks for the heads up.
    My Casper should be delivered today. UPS tried to deliver yesterday but nobody was home to sign for it. Looking forward to spending the long weekend testing it out.

I went ahead and ordered one, should get it within a few days.