Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Damn, I hope our Saavta doesn't break down as fast as you experienced. Our previous mattress was a Sterns & Foster that we had for about 17 years. I thought it was pretty good still until I slept on the new one. I should have got rid of it after 10 years.
    Our Saatva is two years old and feels just like new

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So is there a quality medium-firm Full for under $700 that will last 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    So is there a quality medium-firm Full for under $700 that will last 5 years?
    Try Englander
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Any more Sleep Number reviews? I did a search and didn’t find much.

My back can last about 3-4 hours max on a surface before the pain starts. Usually I just switch to the couch around 3-4am because the it’s firmer (or I start on the couch and go to my bed at 3-4am)

Anyway, my thought with the Sleep Number is I could increase the firmness in the middle of the night instead of having to sleep on a different surface.

Anyone try this? Adjusting firmness in the middle of the night?

I gave a review a few posts up.
    I was a sleep number guy for over 20yrs.
    I am now on a Saatva air, with zero regrets
    Try a better bed, and maybe you wont need to adjust
    If you dont like it they charge 99.00 I think, and they will come and get it.
    I kept my old sleep number in the same room for about a week, after that out it went, no turning back for me.
    In all the reviews I read sleep number, didnt even show up in the top 10, which was weird I thought, because before the Saatva, I was pleased

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    I gave a review a few posts up.
    I was a sleep number guy for over 20yrs.
    I am now on a Saatva air, with zero regrets
    Try a better bed, and maybe you wont need to adjust
    If you dont like it they charge 99.00 I think, and they will come and get it.
    I kept my old sleep number in the same room for about a week, after that out it went, no turning back for me.
    In all the reviews I read sleep number, didnt even show up in the top 10, which was weird I thought, because before the Saatva, I was pleased
    You just said you had one for 20 years and just got a new mattress, wouldn’t call that a review.

We’re you able to adjust the firmness when you wanted? If adjusting firmness at night would it wake up your wife? Was it hot like memory foam or does it have some cooling elements that actually work? Does it go up and down like a hospital bed?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Any more Sleep Number reviews? I did a search and didn’t find much.

My back can last about 3-4 hours max on a surface before the pain starts. Usually I just switch to the couch around 3-4am because the it’s firmer (or I start on the couch and go to my bed at 3-4am)

Anyway, my thought with the Sleep Number is I could increase the firmness in the middle of the night instead of having to sleep on a different surface.

Anyone try this? Adjusting firmness in the middle of the night?

Dude, so sorry. Have you considered an adjustable frame?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Dude, so sorry. Have you considered an adjustable frame?
    Hmm, what does an adjustable frame do?

For those mentioning Saatva, they have an adjustable bed that seems similar to Sleep Number.

https://www.saatva.com/mattresses/solaire

Anyone try it?

I used to have a bad lower back and by using a small slim pillow between my knees when I sleep, that has totally gone away, so I'm not sure what your back pain is all about but you may want to try sleeping with a pillow between your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Hmm, what does an adjustable frame do?

For those mentioning Saatva, they have an adjustable bed that seems similar to Sleep Number.

https://www.saatva.com/mattresses/solaire

Anyone try it?

Adjustable so you can raise your feet/knees/back. It may be the answer to your issues. Temperpedic makes one.

Adjustable so you can raise your feet/knees/back. It may be the answer to your issues. Temperpedic makes one.
    Ah, got it. Raising my legs definitely helps. I’ll research this too. Thanks

Anyone try an eight sleep water cooled bed yet? I'm intrigued.

Been on a queen saatva medium firm for 7 years. While it's been great for the 1100ish I paid for it, feels like it's lost some of its softness. I also find myself waking up hot on it now, but that's probably more me than the mattress.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Post-menopause?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Post-menopause?
    You stay classy, San Diego.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

PB does NOT = Pacific Beach.

And I wasn't trying to be cute. I use to be the hot sleeper in our bed, then ,,,wham .... my post-menopausal wife now routinely throws all the covers off the bed due to over-heating. I would very much like to hear about cooler mattresses.

I see my Costco carries Casper. And we're due for a new mattress. The Brooklyn Bedding we bought back in 2015 was good but seems to have broken down enough to make some nights uncomfortable for my back.

Is the Casper any good? Should I be looking at something else through Costco?

I need a new mattress

One again the Mag community did not let me down - never heard of Saatva and started digging in after several recommendations…. All the reviews and YouTube vids had nothing but great remarks on their mattresses…

So far love this thing and service was outstanding…! Stoked I checked in on this thread…! Thanks Mags…!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636729685.883902.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	392439

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    One again the Mag community did not let me down - never heard of Saatva and started digging in after several recommendations…. All the reviews and YouTube vids had nothing but great remarks on their mattresses…

So far love this thing and service was outstanding…! Stoked I checked in on this thread…! Thanks Mags…!Click image for larger version. 

Two years on ours, still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

Ol Mike wants to review it

I must say that hybrid latex mattress from Saavta is the bomb after 6 months. Every night we both say how comfy it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I need a new mattress

Build your own Fucking Mattress

If anybody’s interested, it’s crazy easy to “build” your own latex or latex hybrid mattress and save a shitload of money.

Basically you just need three parts
    1. Zip up cover
    2. Foam/latex topper (usually around 3”)
    3. Coils

I put together an 11” natural Talalay latex with premium pocket coil system and organic cotton cover for under $1000 in Cal King.

Check out Flexus and AZ Premium Mattress. You can order your own parts, or pay a little more (~$1200) if you want their comfort guarantee. I knew what firmness latex I wanted so I opted to buy the pieces myself.

It’s not rocket surgery to put it together and even if you fuck up and aren’t happy with the firmness you got, you can just order a new latex topper and still be money ahead vs Saatva or anybody else, then repurpose your unhappy topper to a guest bed or something. I’m super happy with mine.

Plus whenever the latex gets worn down eventually due to your fat ass making a divot, you can just get a new topper for like $300.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Build your own Fucking Mattress

If anybody’s interested, it’s crazy easy to “build” your own latex or latex hybrid mattress and save a shitload of money.

Basically you just need three parts
    1. Zip up cover
    2. Foam/latex topper (usually around 3”)
    3. Coils

I put together an 11” natural Talalay latex with premium pocket coil system and organic cotton cover for under $1000 in Cal King.

Check out Flexus and AZ Premium Mattress. You can order your own parts, or pay a little more (~$1200) if you want their comfort guarantee. I knew what firmness latex I wanted so I opted to buy the pieces myself.

It’s not rocket surgery to put it together and even if you fuck up and aren’t happy with the firmness you got, you can just order a new latex topper and still be money ahead vs Saatva or anybody else, then repurpose your unhappy topper to a guest bed or something. I’m super happy with mine.

Plus whenever the latex gets worn down eventually due to your fat ass making a divot, you can just get a new topper for like $300.
    https://latexmattressfactory.com and https://sleeponlatex.com are good places to start too. Big fan of SoL's cotton mattress cover as it is nice and stretchy, which keeps the feel of sleeping on latex better than thicker quilted covers.

Lots do the 3x3 method. Three 3" layers, one soft, one medium, one firm, then swap the layers until they find a combo they like.

I wanted more support so I went 2" extra soft, 2" medium, then 6" of firm support layer for a total of 10". Essentially duplicated a $3000 mattress we saw in a store for about $1000 (prices have gone up though).

As I stated a few posts ago I got a Saatva classic in 2014. It's started noticeably sagging in the middle and wrecking my back. I can feel it while I'm lying down.

I chatted their support and they just hooked me up with a new queen bed for $638 discounted from $1794 via their https://saatvahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en...assic-Warranty, “Fairness Replacement Option.” I had to verbally verify that it was sagging more than an inch. I put a broom stick across it and it looks to be sagging about 1.25". FWIW, I'm average height and weight. Petite GF slept on it with me for about 3 of the 7 years.

Obviously, I'm pretty psyched! Maybe some of you Mags might benefit from this too!

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    As I stated a few posts ago I got a Saatva classic in 2014. It's started noticeably sagging in the middle and wrecking my back. I can feel it while I'm lying down.

I chatted their support and they just hooked me up with a new queen bed for $638 discounted from $1794 via their https://saatvahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en...assic-Warranty, “Fairness Replacement Option.” I had to verbally verify that it was sagging more than an inch. I put a broom stick across it and it looks to be sagging about 1.25". FWIW, I'm average height and weight. Petite GF slept on it with me for about 3 of the 7 years.

Obviously, I'm pretty psyched! Maybe some of you Mags might benefit from this too!
    If you're a single person sleeping in a bed you might consider rotating it weekly (or just switching which side you sleep on).

If you're a single person sleeping in a bed you might consider rotating it weekly (or just switching which side you sleep on).
    Yeah, I rotated it fairly regularly. I've slept solo in it about 1/2 of the 7.5 years. Petite gf was also in it for the other time. When I'm solo I usually move around from night to night. The sagging now seems to be right in the middle...like a concave bowl.