Good group camping spot in Moab where we can be loud?

Headed to Moab later this spring and I'm looking for a good group (6-12 people) campsite where we won't necessarily have to be quiet after 10pm.

Anyone have any suggestions?

We don't plan on being super loud, just the usual beers around the campfire until 2am type stuff.

Last year we stayed at a congested campground in town and the place was quiet after 9pm. We got some dirty looks the next morning. I guess people didn't appreciate the late night drinking. Imagine that.

I was considering Sand Flats or somewhere along Kane Creek Rd. but I haven't explored those areas enough to know if the camping is any good.

Thanks.

what do you care who you offend...you're from Aspen
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

You're coming to Utah. Anywhere you camp will be chock full of both tee-totaling Momos who will judge you for your consumption of the devils brew and uber bros who will hate on your late night noise because they need to get up at 3:30am to get after some massive objective that will stroke their fragile egos.

Good luck.

I have spent a few bachelor parties in Moab and we always camp on the BLM land south of town. No facilities and you have to drive a little deeper but never seemed to be a problem finding a place.

Nothing right near town but within 30 min drive you have Onion Creek Road near Fischer Towers, probably a dozen sites spread out along the first five miles of road.

Then north of town out 279 aka Wall Street which hugs the CO river there are about a dozen sites on the right but if its crowded either head out to Potash Road or keep going north to Gemini Bridges road where you will probably have the place to yourself. All of these sites are undeveloped except for firerings.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    I have spent a few bachelor parties in Moab and we always camp on the BLM land south of town. No facilities and you have to drive a little deeper but never seemed to be a problem finding a place.
    This, although it doesnt have to just be south.

The shitty thing about southern utah is its in utah but the cool thing about southern utah is even the more congested spots like moab, there is enough room to get away from people if you make it a priority.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Willow Springs road.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

We've had good luck out Kane Creek but we are self sufficient and bring our own shitter so we didn't leave cat holes or surprise turds under rocks.

Bartlett's Wash. A bit out of town, but fun slick rock playground is immediately accessible and the "campsites" (using that term loosely) are pretty spread out.

I heard a rumor that many of the spots in Kane Creek Canyon have been closed by the relevant management agency.

The road that leads to the Klonzo trail area is mostly through public land, and there is a lot of dispersed camping with no improvements out there. You won't bother anyone, but it's not all that scenic, totally flat, and not even shrubs to slow down the wind.

Not sure on the rumor mentioned above, but perhaps thinking of the private land stuff close to town?

The answer though is easy although probably not what most want to hear, drive any route out of town for 10-15 minutes, park, get rowdy.

There are closer options, but the free stuff and good stuff to party in and not get judged is going to be 10-15 miles outside of town. That being said, the options out that way in any direction are usually spectacular, as almost all of Southern Utah is.
    Live Free or Die

Either Willow Springs Rd. or Onion Creek would be high on my list, if you want to go further south head in to towards The Needles and take Lockhart Rd. out into the middle of nowhere.

If I told you about the awesome quiet places with no people, it would be full of loud douchies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    If I told you about the awesome quiet places with no people, it would be full of loud douchies.
    It sounds like that is the idea.

They need to throw in a bonn fire, chicks in bikinis and 4wheelrs.
    watch out for snakes

Walmart.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    It sounds like that is the idea.

They need to throw in a bonn fire, chicks in bikinis and 4wheelrs.
    And don't forget the guns.