Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Damn, glad it all worked out.

Point of order: can it really be considered a no-fall zone when you fell and lost a ski and still managed to make it down?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Damn, glad it all worked out.

Point of order: can it really be considered a no-fall zone when you fell and lost a ski and still managed to make it down?

hardass.

also, isn't this all really an argument in favor of snowboarding?
    Last edited by spook; 04-28-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    can it really be considered a no-fall zone when you fell and lost a ski and still managed to make it down?
    It's not like his pistol fell out or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's not like his pistol fell out or anything?
    This has been the gift to TGR that just keeps on giving.

spook Guest
    maybe if you guys put your boots in the skis before you put your feet in the boots these things wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    isn't this all really an argument in favor of snowboarding?
    No.

Telemark........ duh

what type of boots you rocking?

i had a cracked shell that was causing prereleases.

Glad you weren't hurt.

The attachment point for a toe wing can get bent (probably from a direct impact), resulting in a little play (you can wiggle the toe wing fore and aft) which will lead to early release. Could this be what happened?

Not sure if the binding released first, or the fall, but before the recent CO storms, there were some no-fall days. http://watchnewspapers.com/down-clim...fully-gripped/

OP should give RT3 some holster recommendations.

Good on ya for not using your face to self-arrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Not sure if the binding released first, or the fall, but before the recent CO storms, there were some no-fall days. http://watchnewspapers.com/down-clim...fully-gripped/
    damn, I got gripped just reading that
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There's no feeling quite like knowing you can't go down on a slope you've appraised is hard enough and/or steep enough that there's a good chance you won't stop and the rocks will eat you - and then you go down.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume it was that spring thing. After all, it did bounce off a bunch of rocks between things going wrong and testing. Do you put it in tour mode, locked out and rotate the toe/boot interface a few times before clicking down the heel? I do that and then unlock unless in a very special situation where I'll leave it locked. I also smack the underside of the ski by the toe to check for crud underneath, the more serious the terrain the more checks I do. You can get underneath the spring pivot with car keys easily to clean it out.

that can totally zap your positive energy. Just have to keep positive. I carry a spare binding with me. Noticed on my last trip a lot of locals carried 1 spare ski. which makes sense on big stuff. Like doing big ice climbs carry a 3rd tool in case you drop 1.

'low tech' is for spandy, euro trash, wake the fuck up, faggots.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by talus View Post
    Noticed on my last trip a lot of locals carried 1 spare ski. which makes sense on big stuff. Like doing big ice climbs carry a 3rd tool in case you drop 1.
    Seriously? What kind of trip?

Quote Originally Posted by talus View Post
    ... I carry a spare binding with me. Noticed on my last trip a lot of locals carried 1 spare ski. which makes sense on big stuff. Like doing big ice climbs carry a 3rd tool in case you drop 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Seriously? ...
    well, a really short ski.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I carry a spare pull cord for my sled ...

and a snowboard ... like just in case ... I might have to walk out n shit ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

They're ski bindings.
    Not climbing harnesses.

^^^^
    Ahhhhhh Christ!
    So I have been doing it wrong!

I've been in the post-coitus glow of dynafit glory for the last couple of seasons and have been wondering lately about longevity. Seems like they could be serviced i.e. new springs in the toes and new towers in the heels every few seasons.

I fell on them in-bounds at Revelstoke in them this year and redefined when to have the toes locked after kicking a shoe. Yesterday on a gnarly descent I fell with the toe locked and the heel released for the first time.

Lindahl, what do you mean by "check the spring"? We're there signs that it was going bad? Did you replace the spring or the whole toe? I've seen some of your TR's and know you're skiing them hard - how many days would you guess were on them? Radical toe or TLT toe?

On multi-day trips I have been taking one spare binding as the skis have inserts with phillips screws so it wouldn't be hard to switch them out.

spook Guest
    wow i wouldn't expect a ziptie to hold anything of substance really.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    wow i wouldn't expect a ziptie to hold anything of substance really.
    Why don't you try reading more and posting less?

Zip ties are recommended so that they break away in an avalanche. I think Brian was surprised because it didn't hold in what should have been a "normal" release.

Isn't there some snowboard post you could spam?

Maybe bring some extra snow blades, and a saucer clipped to your harness just in case......