Thread: Maroon Bells?

Maroon Bells?

Any local snowpack beta? Thinking about heading that way sometime in the next two weeks. wondering if they might give up some good turns...

Get in touch w blase. He's the caic Forecaster for.that zone and will be working til may 1.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using TGR Forums

good idea. duh

the duh is for me not you...
    Last edited by covert; 04-25-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Some guys I know have been getting after the steep stuff and say it's the best it's been in years. But it has been really warm and we've got a lot of dust.
    I would think it would be pretty solid after this cold front moves through this weekend.

No idea as I havent been around that neck of the woods in a minute but I might be down to ski it with you if you're in need of partners.

I'll be back that way in a week or two.

I have seen some pics on facebook that suggest the skiing isn't bad right now. Not the bells but castle hayden etc.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I was up there last week. Right after the storm. There was lots fresh in Bell Cord, too much. We were wallowing up to our waists. Skied in the cirque on pyramid. Turned around after getting on the ridge and looking at Landry Line. 4 friends of mine have since skied it and said the snow conditions were amazing. Sievers wasn't bad, but could have used a few more days to melt/freeze. By now you can probably bike a fair portion of the road. When I was there it was fully skiable.

cheers to a foot in the forecast

Did central CO have a dust event mid week last week? How about today/tommorow?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3000 View Post
    Did central CO have a dust event mid week last week? How about today/tommorow?
    Vaguely looked like it last week, but if there was any dust, it was minor compared to the big ones earlier. Just cloudy right now. The dirty snow hasn't been skiing that bad... so far. Hope it gets buried this weekend!