TR - Steven's Pass: Apr 29/30

EDIT: Supposed to be Mar 29/30 but I can't change the thread title. If an op wanted to swap that for me that would be awesome!

Took me a few weeks of dragging my feet to get this up.

Following an invitation from Leavenworth Skier I headed down to Steven's Pass with a bunch of buds a few weeks ago. It was an awesome opportunity because most of us had never been to the pass and we were going to be skiing with local knowledge. Add to that, that we were going to be able to check out some Mountain Equipment gear (not available in Canada) which Leavenworth Skier reps and we were setting up for a great trip.

After spending a good chunk of Saturday morning drooling over Mountain Equipment gear we were hungry and ready to hit the slopes. LS took us to Dan's to grab amazing sandwiches and cookies - best deal in Leavenworth he says... best deal in the Cascadia I'd argue.

The access there blew me away. I've always thought we have it pretty good in BC but in Steven's Pass your putting boots on after a 45min drive from town. On top of that you're into good skiing terrain within 15min of leaving the car.

Temps were warm this weekend and avi conditions were considerable so we stuck to the trees and skied great schmoo. Saturday we were
    in the Yodelin area grabbing quick labs and on Sunday we had a bit more time to play with and skied adjacent to the resort. You can tell I've gotten used to skiing with my DSLR toting buddy as the pics are not up to par.

FoxyLady putting in the skin track through perfectly spaced trees

Leavenworth Skier in all his beardliness

Hummus posing for the camera, making the most of a sucker window

Leavenworth Skier showing us the ropes

Splitz has come to the dark side! Not actually, he's still a snowboarder but since he's switching to a hard boot splitboard setup requiring boots and dynafit bindings he figured he might as well grab a pair of skis for traverse days. Don't judge the form, not so bad given it's his 5th time on skis.

CrazyHorse slashing some pow

TheIranian covered in white stuff and loving it

With that we were done. It was awesome to be able to connect with a fellow Mag and check out a new area with a bit of local in-sight. Definitely emphasizes how awesome TGR is. A quick stop at The Sultan bakery, another local tip and we were back at the border.

Amazing trip with great people. Thanks for showing us around, LeavenworthSkier!
    Last edited by AngryBeard; 04-22-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Oh yodelin.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Is this from last year or do you have a time machine? Just kidding, looks fun.

Had a good time, wish we could have gone and skied more radical things but once I met you guys I knew that all you were capable of was meadow skipping. Next time.

(oh and don't you mean March?)

Ha! Of course I put the date wrong and I can't change the title of the thread. March it is!