Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I did that when I was in the military. Running 10 miles in combat boots sucked.
    Did doubling up like that help?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What other low tops are stiffer? Maybe confused with. . . .
    This thread is about boots, not specifically low tops. Answering your question: I have a pair of LaSportiva low tops that are considerably torsionally stiffer than my Garmont Sticky Weekends were, but still not stiff like a light mountaineering boot (e.g., Charmoz). Maybe the SW's seemed stiffer out of the box when you sold them?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Did doubling up like that help?
    Yes, when we were on pavement or hardpack. We also ran quite a bit on the beach and into the surf zone and they did not suck up too much water, but we were wearing jungle boots that drain fairly fast.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Panama sole jungle boots are still the tits for a quick drying boot.

I'm now using the Garmont T8s as a supportive quick dry boot for moving in and out of water. Gortex socks if it's cold out, otherwise regularly changing socks.

hiking boot recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Panama sole jungle boots are still the tits for a quick drying boot.

I'm now using the Garmont T8s as a supportive quick dry boot for moving in and out of water. Gortex socks if it's cold out, otherwise regularly changing socks.
    Jungle boots are a type of combat boot designed for use in jungle warfare or in hot, wet, and humid environments where a standard leather combat boot would be uncomfortable or unsuitable to wear. Jungle boots have vent holes in the instep and sometimes a canvas upper to aid in ventilation and drainage of moisture.
    1- Salomon Jungle Ultras. These are great all round jungle boots.
    2- Belleville Tactical Research. These are a great option which offer a roomy toe box
    3- Alt-berg Jungle Microlite Panama Classic