Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    pretty comprehensive update from the pathways blog
    http://www.friendsofpathways.org/tra...nday-may-26th/

Would love to hear a Shadow update. That's a fun loop.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

back in town. Wheres tha goods at? I was thinking about doing philips canyon until I saw the above post. Thanks RyanDunfee and TGR. But I really need to get out there and give my Reign a good riding before she goes back into the stables, to turn into an XC bike Just ordered a 2014 Commencal Meta and shitstoked beyond belief, but want to get some mileage on the reign to get ready. Those comis are froggen heavy and my legs are stuck back in massachusetts. Back to business.

Anyone tryna ride tommorow. I wish I brought the dobes out, theyre always down to ride....I need a presta pump tho, mines in a box getting shipped out with the voltage.

Heads up riders: give back to the trails you love.

Friday May 31, 3 PM bottom of Bovine.
    Trail Day with Matty! Horseshoe Canyon work Friday the 31st of May at 3 p.m. Meet at Lower Bovine Trailhead and help us preserve and create better trails for all of us to SHRED! Show us your support and get your hands dirty with us on this awesome system of trails that benefit the whole TETON VALLEY!

And on Saturday June 1, Teton Freedom Riders work day on Teton Pass- meet at 10 am at the end of the old pass road.

The gf and I are probably going to head over to horseshoe at some point this weekend for a chill exploratory ride. If anyone wants to play tour guide, let me know. I'll bring beer.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post

Trail Day with Matty! Horseshoe Canyon work Friday the 31st of May at 3 p.m. Meet at Lower Bovine Trailhead and help us preserve and create better trails for all of us to SHRED! Show us your support and get your hands dirty with us on this awesome system of trails that benefit the whole TETON VALLEY!

And on Saturday June 1, Teton Freedom Riders work day on Teton Pass- meet at 10 am at the end of the old pass road.
    Right on! Had been wondering when some dig days were going to be announced and glad to hear some are underway. Should be able to make the Freedom Riders' one.

Thanks to HV's spotting, here's an updated list with info on everywhere but Shadow, which I'd have to believe is close to dry...

As of 5/29:

Putt Putt/east side of Cache Creek: Open/dry, starting to get dusty on parts of Putt Putt
    West side of Cache Creek/Hagen's, etc.:
    -Dry at least up until Hagen's 2nd intersection w/Putt Putt (maybe more now?)

Snow King: KC/Sink or Swim (w/two short walks on snow)/Hagens all dry and open ("from parking lot to Hagen's stairway" according to FOP).
    -Ferrins mostly dry to the top, a few snow patches on last two switchbacks.
    -Wilson Canyon: Dry up top, likely muddy/snowy in parts down low
    -West Game: patchy snow up high, dry down low
    -Game Creek: dry from parking lot to West Game Junction

Teton Pass: -Parrallel is mostly dry minus minor snow in first couple hundred feet. Jumps are in good condition, although still an uncompleted tabletop at the bottom of the final jump line.
    -Phillips Canyon mostly dry 2/3 of way up, one walkable creek crossing, a few downed trees, increasing snow in top 2/5
    -Philips Ridge dry in the middle section with snow up top and mud down at the bottom by creek

Munger Mountain: Poison/Cosmic Carol/Tusky Ridge open, Wally's World "Caution" (snow snow/mud maybe?)

Shadow Mountain: ?

Teton Valley:
    -Horshoe Canyon is good to go with a few muddy spots on Shark's Belly. Mount Manning trails might still have some snow in places.
    -Rush Hour is open and dry
    -Aspen trail dry
    -South Fork/Pine Creek Bench open and dry

...on a different note, I'll probably be headed out for a ride starting at KC around 5:45 if anyone's game.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

fri is the 30th, and sat the 31st...
    got a confirmation on correct dates?
    trying to hassle a buddy into digging with you kids so i can shred them when coming to visit, im selfish like that

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    fri is the 30th, and sat the 31st...
    got a confirmation on correct dates?
    trying to hassle a buddy into digging with you kids so i can shred them when coming to visit, im selfish like that
    Umm, yeah. I have been date-challenged all morning.

Horseshoe dig day is Friday the 30th at 3pm, bottom of Bovine.

TFR dig day is Saturday the 31st, 10 am bottom of old pass road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post

...on a different note, I'll probably be headed out for a ride starting at KC around 5:45 if anyone's game.
    Potentially down. Might be on a bit of a time crunch for a PM ride today so I may have to start earlier/ finish early

Umm, yeah. I have been date-challenged all morning.

Horseshoe dig day is Friday the 30th at 3pm, bottom of Bovine.

TFR dig day is Saturday the 31st, 10 am bottom of old pass road.
    thanks, will let him know, no promises but will encourage participation through ridicule

I think I'll make both dig days, probably try to get a good ride in before 3pm at horseshoe too.

Pedaled up, and came down Powerline to Old History(?), pretty awesome. Jumps looked good, didnt hit them tho..A few patches of snow and a mini river to cross downlow, also one fallen tree, but I was only off my bike for maybe 10 seconds. Fun. I wish there was more wooden features and drops, we really couldbe right up there with Whistler/North Shore, its just a matter of more building. If TGR blew up the DH/Freeride scene, help get more sponsors to build something rad, wed be just as big as whistler.

Going to park downlow and walk the glory up tommorow, atleast twice. The snow should be less of a threat with DH tires.

Is the beginning of parallel is a climb? I was looking for it but i thought that was where it came down or somethin.. Im a little confused on parallels trailhead location.

I would give Shadow another 2 weeks. Roommate checked it out yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Pedaled up, and came down Powerline to Old History(?), pretty awesome. Jumps looked good, didnt hit them tho..A few patches of snow and a mini river to cross downlow, also one fallen tree, but I was only off my bike for maybe 10 seconds. Fun. I wish there was more wooden features and drops, we really couldbe right up there with Whistler/North Shore, its just a matter of more building. If TGR blew up the DH/Freeride scene, help get more sponsors to build something rad, wed be just as big as whistler.

Going to park downlow and walk the glory up tommorow, atleast twice. The snow should be less of a threat with DH tires.

Is the beginning of parallel is a climb? I was looking for it but i thought that was where it came down or somethin.. Im a little confused on parallels trailhead location.
    Yeah, it's a super brief climb up to where the powerlines cross over, and then the descent begins. A two-min hikeabike max probably.

Rode KC/Sink/Hagen's and back with HV last night... had to let him go to make the attempt all way around through Game Creek while I dealt with my slow-ass dog. Those Snow King trails are rock-hard right now and so smooth and fast.

Btw I was told on the trail by none other than Supahstah Pro Biker Due Andrew Whiteford that the Hub is hosting a group ride every other Wednesday, meeting at 5:45. They had one this week, so next one will be on June 11th.

really hoping I can make the dig day tomorrow, but I owe the GF some TLC...

First run on parallel. What an awesome trail. I need to start shuttling though, because hikin' n bikin' is killing me.

Whats the deal? Go to stagecoach, stick thumb out, and what parking lot has a trail going to parrallel?

Attachment 155840

As you're eager to explore, you will find time spent looking at maps for to be time well spent. You may have noticed the large trail maps at key trailheads around the valley...they will also help you avoid riding on trails that are closed to mountain biking. About 99% of our trails are on national forest land, and for the past 10+ years there has been cooperation between the forest service and eager trail building mountain bikers. Teton Freedom Riders is a group of volunteers focused on building safe, awesome DH trails...such as those you're finding on the pass. This partnership between the forest service and the Freedom Riders (and Friends of Pathways) led to the first user specific trail system on national forest in the country. This keeps you from landing on an equestrian user on a gap jump on Parallel Trail just as it keeps you from spooking them on the History Trail. Many trails are open for all user groups, and remember that mountain bikers always supposed to yield to hikers and equestrian users.
    DH trails can be "enhanced" with natural products from the forest. No nails. No plywood. No janky shit. Built using the buzzword "sustainable".

Look for updates on dig days where you can help buff stuff out, build new jumps, and generally make life more rad. There were probably 25 people working on Parallel Trail yesterday.

and TGR and Sponsors and Home Depot and Strava.

http://www.friendsofpathways.org/maps/

and more people, just what you want...

I wish I could have been out working on the trail yesterday.

and more people, just what you want...

I wish I could have been out working on the trail yesterday.
    If it weren't for tons of people building and riding over the years, those trails wouldn't be anything like what they are now. And they keep getting better.

Hey im all for it.

most probably already know this but Sink or swim-Hagen-Ferrins-west game-game-putt putt loop is all good. Just a few wet spots on west game where the creek is spilling over a bit. Had a great weekend of riding and digging.

Just wanted to say thanks to any mags/riders who helped with the build day this weekend. I was tied up with errands but if I ever get the balls to start clearing those Parrallel jumps, I'll surely be grateful for your efforts. In other news, the Vill has been pretty fun to pedal around this week...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to any mags/riders who helped with the build day this weekend. I was tied up with errands but if I ever get the balls to start clearing those Parrallel jumps, I'll surely be grateful for your efforts. In other news, the Vill has been pretty fun to pedal around this week...
    Ryan you can ride parallel without doing the big jumps, plenty challenging for that. And there were TWO dig days this weekend- please don't minimize the Teton Valley ones, especially if you like gorgeous flowy singletrack that was purpose-built for bikes.

I know at least one Mag (HV) came over for digging in the Big Hole's last Friday, thanks, y'all! (and the usual suspects!) Got a nice little turny reroute done on Sodbuster....

Ryan you can ride parallel without doing the big jumps, plenty challenging for that. And there were TWO dig days this weekend- please don't minimize the Teton Valley ones, especially if you like gorgeous flowy singletrack that was purpose-built for bikes.
    True that. Have ridden it twice sans gap jumps but certainly is a cooler trail if you're able to ride the coolest features on it... and my apologies for not showing the love for the TV trailbuilders. Actually going to do a post on the TGR FB & Insta tomorrow w/HV's photo from Parallel dig day and would love to give a shout-out to the TV peeps as well... to whom shall I credit that little shout-out? Thanks again for your hard work over there... had a great ride the previous weekend over in Horseshoe and love the trailbuilding that's been done there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10433550_10202923507822101_2104760333_o.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	155967That particular Teton Valley dig afternoon was organized by MBT: Mountain Bike the Tetons. We're the IMBA chapter for BOTH sides of the Tetons, are actually paired up with the Teton Freedom Riders, but are gonna have a soft rollout of that merger over the summer. You'll see us at the JH Games on June 22- come chat us up. We have big plans in both valleys.

Here's a few photos from Friday: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10412265_10202922903326989_1901377115_o.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	155965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10422890_10202922862365965_567686524_o.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	155966