Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Know it's sometbung of a bummer much else hasn't dried out yet (although heard snow king trails were rideable from Josie's ridge east to the end of Hagen), but putt putt dried out big time and the firmer trail is fast and so much damn fun! More little hits to pump and jump off too. Last night was an absolute blast to ride. Here's to hoping Parrallel is rideable this weekend...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Ill be back out in 2 weeks, cant wait to shred. Been going to highland bike park here in New England, its pretty insane. We need to gather and help jackson hole bike park become more freeride-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Ill be back out in 2 weeks, cant wait to shred. Been going to highland bike park here in New England, its pretty insane. We need to gather and help jackson hole bike park become more freeride-esque.
    Yeah highland is pretty rad... Used to live about an hour from there. It's either cats paw or fancy feast, whichever one has the Parrallel wood bridge and dirt jump lines, that is one of the most fun trails going! Unfortunately I also gave myself a broken collarbone there last fall but what are you going to do.

Jhmr needs to build beyond teewinot... Just is so funny looking at that huge rowdy mountain and you almost wouldn't believe it'd be steep or long enough to have a "downhill" park off teewinot. But I heard it'd be something like a million bucks to build a trail from the top of the Gondi.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Seeing a lot more people on the trails recently than are hanging in Sprocket Rockets... don't you people have nothing better to do than spew local stokeage in here??

At any rate, saw a few mags out at the Hub's bike swap. No one bit on Whiteford's carbon Mojo though, and there was a well-suspension'ed Nomad up for grabs for $2K... but running into a fellow Slayer owner & enthusiast made me settle down a bit.

I was thinking since things are melting out quickly it'd be great to have a running list of trail dry-outs/openings. I'll get this started but feel free to drop your beta and I'll keep this updated:

As of 5/27:

Putt Putt/east side of Cache Creek: Open/dry, starting to get dusty on parts of Putt Putt
    West side of Cache Creek/Hagen's, etc.:
    -Dry at least up until Hagen's 2nd intersection w/Putt Putt (maybe more now?)
    -Ferrins mostly dry to the top, a few mud spots.
    Snow King: KC/Sink or Swim (w/two short walks on snow)/Hagens all dry and open.
    Leeks Canyon/Wilson Canyon/Game Creek: ?

Teton Pass: -Parrallel is mostly dry minus minor snow in first couple hundred feet. Jumps are in good condition, although still an uncompleted tabletop at the bottom of the final jump line.
    -Phillips Canyon mostly dry 2/3 of way up, one walkable creek crossing, a few downed trees, increasing snow in top 1/2
    -Philips Ridge dry in the middle section with snow up top and mud down at the bottom by creek

Munger Mountain: Heard people were riding up there...

Shadow Mountain: ?

Teton Valley:
    -Horshoe Canyon is good to go with a few muddy spots on Shark's Belly. Mount Manning trails might still have some snow in places.
    -Rush Hour is open and dry
    -Aspen trail dry
    -South Fork/Pine Creek Bench open and dry
    Last edited by tgrweb; 05-28-2014 at 10:01 AM.

South facing in Horseshoe is indeed good to go. Shadier stuff is getting close.

Rush Hour's on.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Thanks guys! Added your updates.

South Fork Pine Creek bench is totally dry. Good 8-9 mile (total) out and back if you haven't done it. Bring a camera.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ran Ferrin's the other day. It's dry about 2/3 of the way up and then the snow gets real continuous.

Rode up to Parallel with the dog this am. Mostly dry with a couple snowbanks towards the top, requiring a couple hundred feet of walking.

Still pretty snowed in above the Parallel intersection...

Snow once you've crossed under the power lines at the start

Dry after that...

Although I doubt I'll ever hit most of them, the jumps appear to be in good condition thanks to the toils of Harlan and our new intern at TGR, Bryce, who's also going to be doing some building over at Targhee this summer. Thanks bros!

Thanks for the trail updates gang.
    rolled my ankle running on Sunday. I'm dying to get out riding so hoping I can fit my foot into the bike shoe by this w/e. Supposed to be in the mid-70's- yea!

Aspen trail is tacky goodness and all cut out.

Hagen at the gauging station climb still has a lot of snow. I'm going to give it 2 weeks before I go back. You don't know till you go!

Where is Aspen trail?

Dunfee, I thought the same thing the first time I saw those jumps. The truck jumps are intimidating but ohh so sweet.

I'll be riding cache creek trails tomorrow early afternoon if anyone wants to join.

Aspen trail is east of Driggs, foothills trail between Spring Creek and Darby.

Went up to the top of ferrins this afternoon. Still a few patches of snow and mud as soon as you come to the meadow and the towers come into view but its manageable. A couple of them are at least a foot deep still. That is a great climb. The trail heading to the 5-way meadow looked great but I dropped back down Ferrins. Anybody been through from the other direction or all the way? Mosquitoes are out too btw.

Rode the south fork/pine creek bench on Friday as well. I think I pushed too far. Dropped all the way to the river and back up a bit. Too steep, too loose, too rutted out. Way too much hiking. It was nicer closer to the trailhead but still tough climbing.

I thought about hitting rush hour on the way back to town but it was getting late and food was calling. Also saw some riders already hanging out at the coach.

I rode up Ferrins today too, around 4:30. Painful early season climb! Bugs are pretty deep in the shade, for sure...
    Did we chat on the trail for a second?

if you are in Victor, be sure to ride the 'other' trails on the South side of the Highway in Mike Harris/powerline areas. RH is too short for it to be a single ride.

That was around the same time as me, likely said hey in passing. I don't think I stopped to talk.

Thanks for updates! Had a fun ride at Horseshoe on Sunday, all good except sliding right to my face on one of the dusty corners coming back to the car. It was a bit of red light/green light on the way back down to the car but oh well... meadows are looking purdy along the ride though.

Checking out Phillips Canyon with HV and a co-worker tonight, we'll report back in!

I'm probably going to be in Victor/Driggs on Thursday evening. Anyone want to show or tell me where to ride and drink delicious beer? Not looking for the nastygnar, just some fun pedally trail.

Suggestions for a quick trail ride or decent lunch roadie route on the Jackson side for Friday would be fantastic too.

Moochas grassy ass.

Horseshoe Trails (west of Driggs) will give you the most options, probably a couple hours worth of riding on really fun trails. Aspen Trail out and back is great too, a little rockier and the creek crossings will be deep. A little shorter ride, but less driving. Royal Wolf in Driggs or the brew pub in Victor for beer and food.

Pedaled/hike-a-bike'd up Phillips Canyon with HV & co. last night. Trail has barely been ridden, and we got turned around by snow and lots of lots of downed trees about 2/3 of the way up. Holy shit is that trail fun though! Loose, rocky, rowdy, reminds me of those east coast downhill where you're just getting kicked around by rocks and roots the whole time and rarely have both wheels connected to the ground. Had to hike a few steep and/or snowy sections and creek crossings, but if adventure riding is your thing you'll enjoy the out and back.

Ran into a pair who had just ridden Phillip's Ridge. They were able to take the dirt road up to the clearing under the powerlines but found a good amount of snow spots on the way back down early on, clear in the middle, then a bit muddy once you get close to the creek at the bottom. Will have to check that out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    I'm probably going to be in Victor/Driggs on Thursday evening. Anyone want to show or tell me where to ride and drink delicious beer? Not looking for the nastygnar, just some fun pedally trail.

Suggestions for a quick trail ride or decent lunch roadie route on the Jackson side for Friday would be fantastic too.

Moochas grassy ass.
    Seconded on Horseshoe Loops.
    Trails are actualy getting dusty!
    Wish I could join you!
    We will be throwing dirt around out there Friday if you are looking for something fun to do!

Here is the view of the Tetons (heh...no sideboob) from last weekend on Southbound....
    Last edited by rideit; 05-28-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Thanks for updates! Had a fun ride at Horseshoe on Sunday,

!
    Ryan, how much of Horseshoe did you ride? 17-18 miles worth?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ryan, how much of Horseshoe did you ride? 17-18 miles worth?
    Rode most everything except for Southbound and that little zone back towards town. GF was getting hungry and fretting over her bunk shifting. 12 miles? I dunno. We probably rode for two hours. Fun other than sliding out onto my face on Bovine.

Rode Game from Cache Creek today. Some mud/snow on the initial climb and then a couple more sections of snow down in the valley where the trail crosses back and forth. From the intersection with West Game, Game is good to go. Went about a mile up West Game and found some serious mud and turned around.