Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35
Results 851 to 871 of 871

Thread: Climbing Stoke

  1. #851
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Powdork is correct.

    North Ridge of Assiniboine in the Canadian Rockies.
    great shot of a killer line

    if we're doing alpine climbing shots now, i'll play!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	signal-2018-05-28-001003.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	358742

    also bonus points to anyone who can identify this camp site (different route than above) - best alpine bivy ever??

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01059.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	832.1 KB 
ID:	358743
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	signal-2018-05-28-001003.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	358741  

  2. #852
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,913
    Liberty ridge?

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Liberty ridge?
    ha yep. the exposure up there was WILD. easy enough to solo but my asshole was busy squeezing out diamonds with the carbon glacier 7000' below

  4. #854
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    727
    Conditions on Liberty Ridge seem to be more dangerous in recent years than before.

    Thumb Rock used to be considered a relatively safe bivi site, but lately, there have been some deadly incidents there with climbers being killed by pieces of the mountain falling on them.

    Rainier is on my list, but I think I'm going to try Ptarmigan instead of Liberty.

  5. #855
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    507
    This could be a good year for Liberty Ridge. Problem is earlier melt out and lower snowpack. I like the idea of the solitude of Ptarmigan or Curtis.

    Thumb Rock is not “safe” just safer than anywhere else on the LR route to bivi.

  6. #856
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    727
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ginger.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	359561

  7. #857
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,550
    ^^ Johnny Vegas?

  8. #858
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ginger.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	359561
    i recognize those tattoos. i think ginger cracks. but johnny vegas does have a very similar pitch on it, too - you just don't end up with the same vantage that the picture was taken from

  9. #859
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ^^ Johnny Vegas?
    Ginger Cracks

  10. #860
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    13,806
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i recognize those tattoos. i think ginger cracks. but johnny vegas does have a very similar pitch on it, too - you just don't end up with the same vantage that the picture was taken from
    wouldn't it be the first pitch on johnny vegas and you'd have the big rock below, and for sure no gully. the background does remind me of rapelling solar slab gully though, although I don't see any tarantulas
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  11. #861
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    wouldn't it be the first pitch on johnny vegas and you'd have the big rock below, and for sure no gully. the background does remind me of rapelling solar slab gully though, although I don't see any tarantulas
    It's definitely Ginger Cracks. I've never climbed Johnny Vegas.

  12. #862
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200906_124321.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	359786

    this game is fun

    anyone who can name this i'll mail some coffee to - one of my favorite pitches anywhere

  13. #863
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    157
    Last pitch of 3rd pillar? In that spot your at, green c3 for me. Then it’s all hero hand jams and a nice mantle out for the final move.

  14. #864
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Last pitch of 3rd pillar? In that spot your at, green c3 for me. Then it’s all hero hand jams and a nice mantle out for the final move.
    ha, no, wrong state entirely

  15. #865
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    157
    Fuck

  16. #866
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Fuck

    the pitch is like really really thin face climbing up a broken crack, small gear, to an overlap, a hard right traverse, and the most uncomfortable hanging belay in the world (on a tipped out #3 and some small shit)

  17. #867
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200906_124321.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	359786

    this game is fun

    anyone who can name this i'll mail some coffee to - one of my favorite pitches anywhere
    Green A?

  18. #868
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Green A?

    nope, in the winds

  19. #869
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,239
    beat the curfew tonight

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	681BF635-3D26-4BF1-9227-BBE737F773FE.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	360070
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  20. #870
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200906_124321.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	359786

    this game is fun

    anyone who can name this i'll mail some coffee to - one of my favorite pitches anywhere
    Southwest arete of lost temple spire!

  21. #871
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,239
    north east face of mt île st helene encore.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FD641E0-D6CA-4B94-89D9-10CFDEE50E1D.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	362444
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •