Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40
Results 976 to 988 of 988

Thread: Climbing Stoke

  1. #976
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,212
    bye bye closed cliff
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4094.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	391851

    hello cliff unclimbed since the 70’s

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65791270002__13CE09AC-B3F9-41D7-B917-81250F3A3C90.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	391852

    i thought the season was over, great bonus day!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4087.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	391853
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,212
    Rain all weekend but i got to crack Downward Bound. This guy rules and the Harding illustrations absolutely destroy freedom of the hills.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4161.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	392597

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4162.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	392598
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    354


    Jimmy Chin

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,534
    thanks ml242 for all the awesome stoke. that harding illustration is a fucking trip, but what are they drinking in those hammocks?? wine??

    from yesterday - the zion curtain pitch on arm & hammer. 90 feet of .5inch to 2 inch thick, laser cut flake. all time.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the brew room
    Posts
    1,997
    ^^^ nice!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,212
    Maybe someone like Old Goat could identify the mystery 70's juice. Gotta be like a blue nun competitor, but it's before my time.

    I am thinking about taking a trip down south in April to Nashville -- usually my favorite month to ski -- and would take a day to explore some southern rock. Shortoff is too far, does anyone have opinions about where in Tennessee I might want to go to get on a classic for the first time? Or do I go bouldering in Chatt? Obviously it's pretty early and I don't have tickets yet, but a worthwhile climb might push it over the top. Seems like Shortoff is too far...
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Rain all weekend but i got to crack Downward Bound. This guy rules and the Harding illustrations absolutely destroy freedom of the hills.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4162.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	392598
    A few words about Harding, wine, climbing, life, etc.

    And, more recently, this...


  8. #983
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,212

    Climbing Stoke

    scouting today, found this new dead vertical cliff! sike, one anchor at the top.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4202.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	393460

    plein-air wolf? was pretty high ball, reminded me
    of that line in utah but not as bad ass. maybe a v5ish problem id definitely bring shoes back for.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4193.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	393461

    found this guy with a torch drying off his project.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7DFD7AE-6010-45F0-A1DC-6F139B7020A7-49205-000008A0B06F14C0.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	393462

    lots and lots of boulders….
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,534
    the snow sucks but at least we have the desert still.

    here's me onsighting a new 10 at Pine Creek in the San Rafael Swell. super cool movement - up a chimney to an overhanging slot to a double crack system through a bulge. sustained and super fun!!

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,155
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    the snow sucks but at least we have the desert still.

    here's me onsighting a new 10 at Pine Creek in the San Rafael Swell. super cool movement - up a chimney to an overhanging slot to a double crack system through a bulge. sustained and super fun!!

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Nice. Is that some kind of rope solo system going on there?

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,534
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Nice. Is that some kind of rope solo system going on there?
    Ha, no. The route had so much drag (literally a rope eating channel of death) that before every crux I would yard up 10 feet of slack from a rest so that I could punch it and climb. I didn't even see the loop of slack (right above that rope eating channel) when I posted that pic, but it makes sense. Not surprised.

    Luckily the falls would have been safe (but dramatic).

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    scouting today, found this new dead vertical cliff! sike, one anchor at the top.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4202.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	393460

    plein-air wolf? was pretty high ball, reminded me
    of that line in utah but not as bad ass. maybe a v5ish problem id definitely bring shoes back for.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4193.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	393461

    found this guy with a torch drying off his project.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7DFD7AE-6010-45F0-A1DC-6F139B7020A7-49205-000008A0B06F14C0.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	393462

    lots and lots of boulders….
    Uh oh.... FA Land!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,155
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Ha, no. The route had so much drag (literally a rope eating channel of death) that before every crux I would yard up 10 feet of slack from a rest so that I could punch it and climb. I didn't even see the loop of slack (right above that rope eating channel) when I posted that pic, but it makes sense. Not surprised.

    Luckily the falls would have been safe (but dramatic).

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Ah, makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •