Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Climbing Stoke

https://www.mountainproject.com/area...1/namaste-wall

I'm kind of new to climbing. if it's bad form to say where a route is online someone please let me know and I'll remove that. I figured since it's already on MP then it's no big deal to give the info.

Not bad form, it's pretty well know these days... Some of the most unique features you can climb on, way to get after it!

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    not my cross to bear
    i was curious, looks like some good climbing over there. can you free climb it with ball nuts or microcams or is that crack too narrow? iím hardly the biggest purist out there but seeing bolts next to a crack always strikes me as odd so iím just gonna assume itís really small.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    not my cross to bear
    That's always been one of my favorite route names. Cool pic.

Glad to have finally found this thread. Some great stoke here!

Here's some motivation for myself (and y'all) to get back out more next summer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221-X2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	217499

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i was curious, looks like some good climbing over there. can you free climb it with ball nuts or microcams or is that crack too narrow? iím hardly the biggest purist out there but seeing bolts next to a crack always strikes me as odd so iím just gonna assume itís really small.
    It's funny, I thought the same thing a few years back before I got on it. It would take hammering in some beaks or something to "naturally" protect. It's thin, most of the route is nearly pure stemming on smears. Very cool, unique route.

Another from Thailand. This is on Koh Phi Phi, 300 feet over the bay. The route was steep enough to keep us almost completely protected from a downpour through the 3 raps to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Another from Thailand. This is on Koh Phi Phi, 300 feet over the bay. The route was steep enough to keep us almost completely protected from a downpour through the 3 raps to the base.
    Epic!

I know exactly where that is, although I've never climbed in Thailand. In NYE 1999, some friends and I took a boat taxi from that strip on Phi Phi to a party on the beach of Maya Bay. We returned by boat to the spot in your photo the next day in 2000. Anyhow, your photos make me want to return to do some climbing.

Fun! Climbed there in 2005. My buddy married a papaya salad vendor in ao nang back then and despite the language and religious differences hasnít looked back...

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    !!!!
    Where??

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    !!!!
    Where??
    Forgot the name of that particular wall, but a month or so ago in the south platte, thunder ridge area. Old school mix trad/bolted area (run out!). Gorgeous spot.