Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Climbing Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I was digging through some boxes today and found this old laminated photo of myself climbing at Joshua Tree when I had "the bug" long ago, some 5.9 at the Lost Horse area I think. I gave this photo to my parents and they put it on the fridge. My dad gave it back to me when my mom died and he was moving. I don't think my parents knew what to make of my climbing. Probably scared the shit out of them. I know if one of my daughters was living in a van and climbing (like I did) I would be worried sick. I guess I'm more aware of the dangers than my parents were. Ignorance is bliss.
    Attachment 214145
    Sweet. I'll have to dig into the archives and look for some old J-tree photos and scan them. No cams though, they weren't invented yet...yeah, I'm old.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Sweet. I'll have to dig into the archives and look for some old J-tree photos and scan them. No cams though, they weren't invented yet...yeah, I'm old.
    Love to see those some time. Joshua Tree is such a cool place.

A goofy video my buddy Matt put together after a full-on day of climbing in Eldo a few weeks back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQLY2GmsDQ4

First route on El Cap last week!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

^^Awesome! What route?..

Sweet! More info, please! What route? Did you top out? How long?

Lurking Fear on the SW face. Topped out in 3.5 days. Bivys in top of 4, 9, and 17.

"The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Nice job dude! Popped the El Cap cherry!

Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    Nice job dude! Popped the El Cap cherry!
    Im hooked!

More stoke, less shit.

Best pitch of 5.6 in Vegas?

More stoke, less shit.

^^^Looks like fun. I love those big juggy climbs were there is always a big hold right where you need it, and you can just move over the rock fluidly, especially on big, high alpine routes. I don't need to be in constant fear of peeing my pants on a climb these days...I guess I'm just getting old, not bold.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Currently in Thailand:

^^^Very cool!

The last rap off that route lands you in a bar, literally, through a notch in the roof. We immediately purchased beers, and then said beers were consumed on the beach in the location of the second photo. I don't want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    The last rap off that route lands you in a bar, literally, through a notch in the roof. We immediately purchased beers, and then said beers were consumed on the beach in the location of the second photo. I don't want to leave.
    Even cooler

iscariot

That looks real fun

As usual the West Desert doesn't disappoint. Late season visit to the House range to bag the unique Anticrack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171118_143250.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	216816

Name:	IMG_20171118_145337.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	216817

Name:	IMG_20171119_130313.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	216818

wow, insane granite structures and views! Thanks for sharing the stoke!

^^Yeah dikes like that are super fun, and tricky sometimes. Love that route name the Anticrack lol.

Name:	20171124_144410.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	217261
    off your knees Louie

what line is that?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

not my cross to bear
    off your knees Louie

checked out a really cool spot in zion. the "warm up" route was a handful for me but I made it up, can't wait to go back.

^^^
    this is rad! where at in Zion?

https://www.mountainproject.com/area...1/namaste-wall

I'm kind of new to climbing. if it's bad form to say where a route is online someone please let me know and I'll remove that. I figured since it's already on MP then it's no big deal to give the info.