Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Just skied my "Thor" V-Explosives today

I've sold them all, but I mid my:
    05.06 Seth Vicious
    186 Big Dumps (green top sheet)
    187 XXLs (2009? First year of the 187)

Nothing too old, but I'm on the younger side. Did ski on a pair of K2 Ak launchers that didn't suck.

Fischer Touring Crowns, circa 1988 in a 205. Still my ski when I feel like a little kick and glide.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

DropCliffsNotBombs
    I still have a pair of the original 189cm K2 Pontoons.
    They should last forever since they only get skied once or twice a season... and only on huge blower pow days.
    I forgot about my pontoons. I guess I don't consider my 1st gen Pontoons old skis...kinda still think of them as progressive even though that day has come and gone. I routinely enjoy them on just about any day over 4". Even after I added more rocker to one after an unexpected bombhole-to-tree-to-ejection pinball "landing" a few years back. I love my pontoons!

Oldest i still ski, 1st gen top sheet blem moment ruby with sollyfits. Early/late season inbounds low tide and spring bc corn on 112 underfoot traditional camber loads of fun.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

More Dynastar love here - 194 Super Nobis now mounted Tele for days w the kids & 186 LP for early season touring drilled for Dynafits. Those metal topsheets + JB weld seem to act like inserts because I have put on/pulled off binders every season for some time now w no spinners.

Because I am a lusty gear whore I have another 186 LP mounted w Duke. Heart that era of Dynastars for non pow ripping.

I always wanted a pair of folkl P10 (I think). My childhood instructor and all the mountain rescue guys were on some folkls that a similar pattern. Very cool.

Also anyone know which ski boots had the two springs in the back?

Dynafit 3F Comps?
    Not nearly as cool as the Dolomite boots that went up to your knees.

I still rock my first gen Volkl Karmas ('05 I think) from time to time. Those things rip.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I always wanted a pair of folkl P10 (I think). My childhood instructor and all the mountain rescue guys were on some folkls that a similar pattern. Very cool.

Also anyone know which ski boots had the two springs in the back?
    Dachstein.....

Sent from my HTC One using TGR Forums
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Stockli stormrider xl. I was interested in brahma some wees ago, but realized the stormriders are the same.

Spats, Watercolor EHPs.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

the Fischers make it into the rotation very infrequently. Maybe someday the 213's will.

Ski my Nordica W105s all the time--have 2 pair mounted and ready. From 1998 I think? Way ahead of their time. Still have an unmounted pair in reserve.

My Spatulas come out a few times each year. Nothing has ever felt so right as a good Spatula slarve in good snow, and ripping them through any cut up snow.

Hooked, I'll take the long ones for lbd.

What's the deal with the w105s? I was too young for those but I know people talk about then more reverently than the explosives. Are they just another solid long sidecut stiff ski that's great for mixed conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Lhasas. Not that old, but no longer to cool new design. They're still one of the best, most versatile skis out there. Had some great days on some older 186's this year. Nothing else that light can charge that hard. Nothing dated about them.
    QFT.
    Everytime I begin to think about getting rid of my older 186s I have an awesome day, ski the shit out of em, and do some sort of base damage. Despite all the ptex they still kill it, they may become my greatest rock ski ever. It unreal how the light swing weight can be skied so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    What's the deal with the w105s? I was too young for those but I know people talk about then more reverently than the explosives. Are they just another solid long sidecut stiff ski that's great for mixed conditions?
    125-105-115, 190 cm (also came in 170), full sidewall, minimal camber, 2 layers of metal, stiff but more forgiving than something like the head 103 or race room XXX, super damp, absorbs inconsistencies like crazy, can carve big GS at mach looney on hard snow and can slarve in soft snow without hooking, also a crud slayer. I've never gone faster on the High T with any other ski, so reliable. One of the first fat skis with race ski construction, made in Italy by Benetton, not too many produced.

Have a pair of new 2005 Goats that I recently mounted, have not used yet.

07' Volkl Goats are still in my rotation, and those fat fuckin gold buddas on the back keep throwin up a mad smoke screen, rainin J-bombs down from on high. Ski still gets me stiff everytime I ride it. Usually used when conditions are thin, but this year I never put them away. Maybe it's because of the first-gen Dukes mounted, that initially got me off the ski hill and into a play land I could never imagine. Sorry, i get a little emotional, they are the closest thing I have to a fuck-trophy I can feel all warm and fuzzy aboot!!

Somehow I never get rid of skis.
    Skis in regular rotation (often as early season rock skis):

Drake Boinay Tabla Rasa gen 1 (the 56th pair ever built)
    Atomic Big Daddy OG orange/silver
    Volkl Explosiv2 fugly electric blue edition.
    Volkl Explosiv Wizards

Occasionally I'll tour on my Voile Mountain Surfs, 2nd gen baby blue edition. I remember when I got 'em I was embarrassed to ski 'em since they were soooo fat at 88cm underfoot.

Very rarely I'll take out my pair of Dynastar Course SL Ceramics mounted with Voile CRBs just for the hell of it, usually with my leather boots.

I pulled out a pair of 2000 Volkl P50's during this winter's drought in Whistler which I hadn't ridden in years. Still put time on 03 Explosives, 04 Gotamas, 06 Legend Pros and occasionally dust off 06 Sanouks which continue to surprise me how well they ski powder!

2001ish atomic SX:12s. They go fast and the bindings haven't killed me yet!

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    2001ish atomic SX:12s. They go fast and the bindings haven't killed me yet!

If they're 614's, they will eventually. 1018's shouldn't be a problem.

I have a pair of 205 Volkl P11's but haven't ridden them in years. I'm kinda terrified to actually, LOL.

The oldest pair I currently use regularly is a pair of the legendary black 05/06 Gotamas. Best large scale production ski ever. They still have life in them, and thank god I have a quiver to spread the pain as I want them to last a long time. It's my perfect ski for the Jane here in CO.