Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I've got a pair of race stock 175 Elan SLX slalom skis as well. Not sure what year they came out, but it's a 175 SL ski. They can't be very new.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

200cm Tua Montets (purple generation) see a fair bit of use during the winter for meadow-skippy/woods thrashing fun. Usually take them to the resort at least once during the spring season.

Done a quite few expedition style trips with 210 kazamaa mtn highs and 210 pheonix world cups (both from 82-83 i reckon) over the years, including this winter. Both were once cutting edge tele skis and are now kickass touring tools...

Salomon

pocket rockets are my low tide ski.
    teach Emma on some 1080's

not sure which is older.

Atomic Kongurs in the libray, two sets, one AT and one tele.
    watch out for snakes

square tail explosives and the first gen 10.ex's. many days this season (w/ my 8yr old) spent on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Salomon

pocket rockets are my low tide ski.
    teach Emma on some 1080's

not sure which is older.
    Seconded the 1080's as well - I've got the first gen 1080's that I have been on while teaching Cooper. One of the lifties one day stops me and says "Duuuuude! Are those the original 1080's??" It was then I knew I was old and out of touch

Glad to see there are some other 10.ex riders out there as well, too. What a sweet ride.

OG neon Explosivs
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

dynastar omecarve 10 from 2003 or 04. Ski 'em once or twice a year when its really icy

Duret Pan Am monoski ~1984, neon Explosivs and Spatuals all are in the quiver. Each gets about 5-10 days a year.
    Also have some 223 Volkl p10s that see a few days a year.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by pointemstraight View Post
    Seconded the 1080's as well - I've got the first gen 1080's that I have been on while teaching Cooper. One of the lifties one day stops me and says "Duuuuude! Are those the original 1080's??" It was then I knew I was old and out of touch

Glad to see there are some other 10.ex riders out there as well, too. What a sweet ride.
    I have the 2nd generation I think. The blue ones. Was skiing them exclusively until 3 years ago. I'll probably still break them out for socal skiing if we ever get snow again.

I have these old rossi GS skis, and they blow my mind everytime I ride them. The rebound is unreal on them. I can actually propel myself out of a turn to the other turn then hop back again. Really feels like I am riding springs I am temped to pull the 155 FKSeses off of them since I barely use them, but those few times I use them, it's a lot of fun. These skis really made me appreciate FKSeses. I took some weird falls due to their rebound, and the bindings had a buttery release. I really should pull them off :/

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Volkl P50 GS race skis from about 2001. Great night skiing ski....
    Please tell me you just made that up.That may be one of the best descriptions I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Also have some 223 Volkl p10s that see a few days a year.
    Dude, really glad to see/hear this. So much fail behind those skis. Went in on those with my brother on a shop form when we could have each gotten a pair of 1st gen Explosivs for less money, those DH boards were fuckin' spendy! Still slappin' the forehead over that.
    Hopefully, with all the wax that was hotboxed into those bases, they were/are fast a fuck.
    Right on Swerve!

My '03 193 im103's are awaiting some epoxy love for delammy sidewalls, but will be back in service. Really missing them this time of year. Shitty pow ski(unless its blower), but pretty fuckin rad anywhere else

Had some Sears "Olympics" that I used to hang garden tools on when the screws holding the edges rusted out but tossed them when I moved west in 2012. Keep these in a velvet lined case and bring them out each year for a ceremonial ski.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

this thread is so confusing.

mostly because none of these skis has a review on blister.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    break a leg, wooley.
    Wish I still had these

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    this thread is so confusing.

mostly because none of these skis has a review on blister.
    They only review the BEST, which is the latest. If I were them I would delete old reviews. What's the point of reading old reviews? Oh yea, maybe to refresh my memory why I blew a lot of money on some skis that suck. If they deleted reviews I could resort to doublethink. You know... yellow "nimble chargers" with a snowblade sidecut and all that shit.

I still have a pair of the original 189cm K2 Pontoons.
    They should last forever since they only get skied once or twice a season... and only on huge blower pow days.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Oldest would be 2 pairs of Axioms. One with a touring binding(not fun).
    Next in age are the first year of ARG's. Great ski, I skied them saturday and monday and I'm going to ski them again today. They have seen many days of use but they are still an amazing ski. Require a lot of waxing with the race base and they are not nice on the knees but there is never a bad day to be had.
    Also have some original 189 Pontoons but I prefer the ARG's.

Dynastar Super Nobis. I remind myself how I like this ski every time I take them out.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

The quiver of retro skis only comes out 1-2x/yr so they don't really count, but the 210cm gold Dynastar chicken hearts still get some love.

The Legend Pros should be relegated to rock skis but probably still have the most days of any ski this year just because they are so damn versatile. Beer League ski racing is nights so my go to night stix are a pair of very fast ~5-6yro Head GS skis.

The oldest stuff I'm still using regularly are the Leki Genesis poles I've had since 1992. They've always been 2" too short (bought in WB on a trip I forgot my poles) but have the most comfortable grips of all time and were one of the few things salvageable from a total loss house fire in 2002, discolored from smoke damage. Well over 1500 days with these and never been bent 'cept one of the tips from a stair grating.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Still riding a pair of 186 cm race room LPs about 50% of the time. I also have a pair of the 1st year 194s that I now want to bring out of retirement. My only regret was not buying 2 extra pairs in the 2 lengths...the more I demo skis each year the more I realize they were the perfect ski for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The quiver of retro skis only comes out 1-2x/yr so they don't really count, but the 210cm gold Dynastar chicken hearts still get some love.
    I've got a pair of those too, with GS labels. Dumpster finds!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Still put time in on my pair of LP XXLs. I also have a pair of those Blizzard Titan Atlas. Those things rip on groomer days.

Timeless Skis - What is the oldest ski in your quiver that you still use?

Head 103s... well Spatulas, but those are more of a novelty