Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1218

Thread: East Coast Surf

Got out for a bit this morning Scarborough area on a spot that played nice with the north wind and usually is so small it's not even surfable. Instead was a couple feet overhead. Surreal doing that exhausted after a long month at work.

Got a few including one bomb that felt like surfing with after burners on. After that was having my suit flushed every duck dive and frigid.

Drove down the coast after, freak waves popping up every where. So wild looking seeing these monsters explode on mystery reefs way offshore. Gonna be a wild week!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Ultimately tho, that looks pretty damn stormy. But hey, ya gotta get your juice when it is served.

Not watching this storm, but wondering it is sticks far enough out to sea with the NE fetch. That typical sends good surf to NJ to Hatteras and then again in N Florida. Get a little further out, and the LI wrap can get awesome.

Many years ago I surfed Rockaway during the Halloween Swell (later renamed the Perfect Storm Swell). It was about 15’ faces and perfect off shores, with the swell coming it at a 30 degree angle to shore, making for long point break style waves. Good times.
    It's still storm surf out there, but certain aspects are in good shape. http://cinnamonrainbows.com/surf-cam-report

I haven't seen this much road and wall damage in a long time around here. I was out in the perfect storm and I think this one has caused more damage locally. Maybe it is just the seawalls are getting older, so some are failing from the pummelling now. Kind of bummed I wasn't around to see it live.

I was too young for perfect storm, though I grew up in Rockport and I know the damage was bad. But this storm has been prolonged and drawn out, and seems like a few more days of strong winds and bigger surf. I just wanna get out. Any suggestions for high tide spots? Found some surf able junk yesterday near a river but did not go out.

I don't know anything at high tide right now. A road side attraction at low this morning was looking good. Maybe the banned has a high tide spot up in the land of mainiacs, but I don't know of any.

Not Maine, but this is what I was looking for. Nahant going off as good as it gets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3935.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	227085

What I love about New England, if you really get to know your mocks and crannies, you can score those waves that only break twice a decade.

Love it! Surfed a south ish facing river mouth in maine yesterday. Some big slabs breaking as the tide dropped! Stuck to the beach, which was pretty tricky, but worth finally getting out!

My favorite place in the world for surfing!

Via Rog. Ouch

Snow day today. Got out this afternoon, hoping to get some off shore breeze, but should have gone out earlier with the biggest swell and lower tide. Surfed the same river mouth, and had about an hour of really smooth, right ramps into the river. Epic? No. Fun, very.

Yeah, today looks perfect for me...well, with a 20 degree spike in water temp

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Via Rog. Ouch
    Need explanation. Did someone park, and while out for a surf, their car got buried in cobbles? How does that happen? And why is their an avy shovel? Did they use a probe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Need explanation. Did someone park, and while out for a surf, their car got buried in cobbles? How does that happen? And why is their an avy shovel? Did they use a probe?
    I don't know details, but we had huge tides. Biggest that I can recall from the aftermath. I'm assuming they parked in front of an earthen seawall and high tide took it out. The windows are most likely busted out.

We have a similar berm wall in Rye (Sawyers) and that was completely gone after this storm. They rebuilt it with front end loaders.

we had 20 foot walls down in rockport, and portions of those were entirely flattened.

Saw pictures from
    Wells. Estuary full of water with waves breaking well outside the jetties. Looked fucking huge.

Buddies house on Moody Point faired well, but he had cobbles tossed up on his porch.

I guess I just wonder why anyone would park their car anywhere close to the coast when it is like this. Go figure.

forecast looking good....been in utah and have not been in the water in two weeks. hoping to get out over the next few days.

Via Rog. Ouch
    that's my buddy Rees's son Cam at Kennebunk. small world. it started and drove away.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

that’s gonna be pretty good campfire story for those boys

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    that’s gonna be pretty good campfire story for those boys
    Cam is actually studying engineering at Tufts. Cool kid, races dirt bikes, martial arts, lacrosse. Then there was the time we pulled him behind the jet boat flying a 10meter kite into a light wind, he got lofted and went up until the waterski rope went tight. I'll post the video if I can find it. pretty sick, it was his idea. Don't tell your mom, Cam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camstoned.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	516.5 KB 
ID:	230132  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

wonder how the surf was for those boys that day. worth it?

any reports for today?

To answer my own question, it was good. Good and big. Good and crowded.

Might have drove off but I doubt all that salt water is good for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

well that was fun...wind stayed west enough to hold some waves up at long sands. plenty of waves for everyone, with the once a 30 minute mega set rolling through. lotta paddling, beautiful night! anyone else find something good?

Props for the metal avy shovel

Via Rog. Ouch
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Good surfing yesterday! Super strong offshore breeze.......so strong that mr sup-boarder paddled out past the sets and spent an hour and a half paddling like a jibroni to get back in...idiots are out again.

Oh no! That sucks. I've been pretty ocean averse since I got back past week. Feel like I have PTSD from freezing in the water all January and February waiting for snow. Gotta get back out there!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.